Vlad + Haunting Guise

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigWenus

09-01-2012

I haven't seen many people get Haunting guise with Vlad and it seems like it would be a decent item after Hextech revolver and CDR boots. Why doesn't anyone get it?

Treza

09-01-2012

probably just preference really

Yuki Miku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

Haunting Guise is great item for Vlad. It is great for early game providing Health and Ap that will reflect on Vlad's Passive. the Magic is a great bonus too. I would recommend getting it when playing Vlad but sell if of for a void staff late game

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

Most people don't understand how magic penetration works, so they have no idea whether or not it's a good item.

xI BaHaMuT Ix

09-01-2012

Slows down will of the ancients/deathcap

Kalidascope

09-02-2012

I get it some times, but its very rare. The problem with Vlad and getting Haunting Guise is that, the health bonus and magic pen are way to low. Because you could easily just get Spirit Visage for the 250 health and 15% regen. Or you could get Ryial's Scepter for 700 health - typically I get both for a 900 health bonus. Then as far as magic penetration goes, you either look at their team and say they have too much ap so I'm going Abyssal Scepter. Or they have too many tanks so I'm going Void Staff. Void Staff builds well w/ 10% magpen from your Offense tree. But stacking actual +mag pen I've heard isn't as good as the percentage bonus (at least w/ certain characters and to my understanding vlad being one of them). Your typical Item build will be Merc Treds/Mag Pen boots/Swiftness boots, Spirit Visage, Ryials Scepter, WotA, Rabadon's, and ???? some times you don't need the mag pen with Vladimir he has a base damage of like 1.5k dmg every 4.5 seconds through most armors thats about 700 and with your ultimate you should be doing some solid damage regardless. When it comes to picking your last item, Haunting Geiss doesn't come to mind. But Warden's Mail, Warmongs, and Zhoran's hourglass do.

Kalidascope

09-02-2012

only get it if their team has like 3 tanks and a bruiser for some dumb reason.

BigWenus

09-02-2012

What I do with Vlad is start with boots. Then rush a Hextech revolver and immediatly try and go for a rabadon's.

Sam Is Whoa

09-02-2012

@Kalidascope

You are missing the point completely. Start boots 3 pots with vlad and you get first blood mid in about 6 min then immediately get a gank assist on top. Your gonna back and rush a wota? Why? You dont need the extra sustain. Get a guise and bully your lane. 9 times out of 10 your lane enemy isnt coming back with MR and range champs dont get mr per lvl. So you can stand on your minions and farm easy while he gets scared to come in cause your q and e are hitting for near true dmg. Getting the guise gives you an even bigger lead early game and guarantees your gonna dominate your lane. Guise is an early item you sell later to one shot your rabadons or ryalais. Its NEVER a FINAL item.

Kalidascope

09-02-2012

I always do boots and 3 pots first. But every one else who mids against vlad does doran ring stacks. so mr is viable to start. Secondly early on mag pen isn't usually a concern unless your ap mid is dominating. I don't play mid and typically only pick up flat mag-pen to counter Hexadrinker, in which case I'd still go with Abyssal Scepter because even post nerf its still in Vlad's range.