why i am upset over normal win reset on TT

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

summoner somenot

09-01-2012

this is what riot 5 stats say are my stats.

1271 Wins
12194 Kills
10357 Assists
21 Leaves

pre reset i had 1048 roughly, wins, and 1030 losses, i know, not a great player, but i worked my ass off for those stats.

i had finally gotten 1000 wins, and was extremely happy, and had played maybe, a total of 30- 50 summoners rift games. AND I SUCK AT SR! bad. so consider 20-30 of those games on SR, as losses.

so agin 1048 W and 1030 L, all on TT, not on SR. so when i get on and its reset, im like, o.m.f.g. all that work and you took it away. (that is your right, you can take it away)

but then i played a SR match..and what do you know, riot transferred my wins, over to SR, so now i look like i know what the **** im doing in SR, when i have no clue.

so because riot assumed everyone played SR as the main game, and transferred the wins, i kinda got................bent over.

and look at my leaves. 21. out of two frickin thousand games, i left 21 times.

to me that shows an amazing amount of dedication, and resilience , i dealt not only with bad teams, but also with getting owned, and kept my cool. stayed in, and fought it out.

of those 21, i'd say 18-19 were DC's, i used to get more DC's when i was on a laptop, and once i got mad at my buddies for trolling me, first game in SR, and they told everyone to report me...i was wrong. my bad. and once or twice, i had to go, for legitimate reasons and said, i am so sorry team, but i have to go. report me if you have to, i normally don't leave. but i understand.

now im at 133 wins, and i'm not sure i can muster up the dedication to keep playing knowing i need another 900 to be back to my original amount. but if i start playing SR, which i really don't want to, i'd have my wins.

BTW most of those games, were solo Que. so i had noone help me defend myself against a rager, or back me up. as you so often see in duo ques. that shows even more resilience than if i went in with a partner.

Riot, will you consider putting TT wins back on TT?

please?

im pretty frustrated with your choice, and if you make a new game, i wont be playing it, im sorry for being hard headed, but regardless of the game being free i did work hard for those wins, and helped shaped the game into what it is today, as so many other have. i feel like TT got the short end of the stick again.

• will you consider returning normal TT wins back to TT?

• what was your reasoning behind doing so?

• what does the community think of this? comment below please.

idk maybe i'm the only one who is upset by it, but after spending so much work getting to where i was, it's just a major bummer.

also what do you guys think of 2000 games played and 21 leaves, am i right in thinking that's a low amount of leaves for the amount of games played?

EDIT: 2600 views and a red post, nice.

Shadeykris

09-01-2012

In theory it does make sense. Its a GOOD thing.

Before: TT and SR wins counted together. No way to know how many of each - it's just one number. With the old system, you still would have the problem of the game thinking you're a SR veteran.

Now: TT and SR counted separately.

TT wins were not removed, just reset. On your profile page you see your total wins (SR and TT). At the end of a TT match you see TT wins (counting from Jayce patch), and at the end of SR matches you see SR wins. It's a good system.

Downside: The only way to do this was to reset one of the numbers. To reset the SR number would have affected way more players. So yeah, I was disappointed too, but moving forward its a better system.

Yasako

09-01-2012

That's a 1% leave rate. Lenience for leaves is 7-12%. That's pretty low.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak556 View Post
That's a 1% leave rate. Lenience for leaves is 7-12%. That's pretty low.
1%?

Lizto

09-02-2012

I dont see why you complain, I didnt know we played to see that little number go up o.o... Id understand if the number you were talking about showed how good you are, but... it doesnt, it doesnt even prove anything, you can see someone with 10 wins and he might as well be a bigger veteran than you cause he has another account with 2k wins so... who cares?

summoner somenot

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizto View Post
I dont see why you complain, I didnt know we played to see that little number go up o.o... Id understand if the number you were talking about showed how good you are, but... it doesnt, it doesnt even prove anything, you can see someone with 10 wins and he might as well be a bigger veteran than you cause he has another account with 2k wins so... who cares?

its not about being skilled...i even said i am bad at this game in OP, the point is i was happy with it, then it was taking away, and i even said, riot has a right to do this...

your thinking is flawed, you are confusing wins with skill.

there is always going to be someone better than you, except for the one person who's better than everybody, and nobody on these forums is that somebody, unless Jesse Perring uses the forums...

anyway...its not about the being more skilled, somebody with 200 wins, is going to be better than someone with 1000 wins....

the point is it made ME feel good....but no more feel good for summoner somenot...............somebody call the doctor............doctor feelgood....

PDiddy

09-04-2012

I have like + 20 wins / losses on TT now, I feel like a bawss. Pls dont revert them back.

Soft Tortoise

Recruiter

09-04-2012

i dont have any wins, my stats are 701 to 650. I never leave....will always fight it out though i prefer to surrender if my team wants to in a fight

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

09-05-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I broke up the stats between TT and SR for more important reasons related to matchmaking. It is not just about win/loss/death/kill related stats, but also to break up all internal connections between SR and TT. In the long run, it will help not only improve matchmaking experience of TT players, but you will get more accurate stats for both SR normal and TT normal.

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Does this mean I can actually try TT without getting smashed by players that are considered equal by my SR elo? The ONLY time I played, the other team won in about 10 minutes because I didnt even know the buffs were different or anything about the map really.