2v1 as Vlad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Bad Dog

09-01-2012

So I was just playing a normal as Vlad top vs a Fizz/Leona combo. I had no jungle help and was criticized all game.

Evidently Im told Vlad is able to 2v1 a lane but they had minions stalled and anytime I got close enough to lane a transfuse Leona was there to Lance Stun.

So how do you 2v1 as Vlad when your transfuse range is shorter then 1 of the enemy CC range?

Exoneration

09-01-2012

Farm 1-9

Kalidascope

09-02-2012

I Main Top Vlad 2v1/1v1 whatever it maybe. Fizz/Leona combo should be easy, focus your transfusions on either of them, getting either of them down works, so don't pick a target exactly poke them down. How you poke them down is bait Fizz into popping his charge and missing, then you can transfusion him. As far as Leona goes just dodge her skill shot and you should be able to Feed on her constantly. If I were to focus this I'd focus Leona. Fizz has a lot of damage its hard to dodge his ult, and his charge. When I focus I tend to be aggressive against the character I focus, and being Aggressive against Fizz as Vlad doesn't work - at all. Besides focusing leona allows you to rid yourself of her CC in the lane giving you a viable 1v1 against fizz. Your danger zone is going to be between lvls 3-8 you'll be easily killed against that comp early and typically always know that Vlad's weak point and feeding point is levels 3-6. At 6 you either make or break your lane w/ him if you haven't died already, but I like to save the real push for lvl 9. Just try to bait and contain them, force them to fight at your turret and if you focus Leona, Fizz will have to dive to get the damage on you. Another small tip, with vlad, if your going to engage always make sure you are engaging when your enemy is near or on top of their minion wave as your pool will be a much more viable heal if your under multiple targets.

Kalidascope

09-02-2012

And for a little more Umph in that lane, consider starting with the Null-Mantle or whatever it is. It builds into Spirit Visage and is +24 mag resist. Considering both fizz and leona usually build ap, this may give you the extra tankiness you need.

Always do a 9/21/0 build with him if you are going to top. Runes should be Spell Vamp Quints, Health Seals, Mag Pen Marks, and AP Glyphs. You can go into utility instead for the 3% spell vamp in that tree, but you sacrifice 3% health and 10% cc reduction and the health/cc reduction are way better if your team is gettin' stomped early, merc treds ftw.

Judas Priest

09-02-2012

I would play safe in early game and I would also avoid to pool at all cost, since you can't poke them effectively and if both are full HP, they might dive into the turret when you are low health.

Kalidascope

09-02-2012

they will def dive you and if they do pool then and flash away.

Mambazo

09-02-2012

Ahem. There really isn't anything you can do.... I'm not sure where these other posters are coming from.

Vlad has a terribly weak early game, playing him against 2 people, especially one person with 3 stuns and the other with a heal debuff, will ensure that you get ZERO farm and will not scale well into the late game like vlad can.

Your team was idiots, disregard them. You were destined to lose that lane. Could you have done more to mitigate the damage? Probably. But to say you're "viable against 2 people" is moronic. VERY few champs are "viable" playing 1v2 starting at level 1.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

09-03-2012

Vlad already has an incredible hard time with Fizz alone, let alone a Fizz/Leona lane. Like Mambazo said, the only outcome was you losing.

You could ask for laneswap or jungler to help you in lane. They didn't have a jungler, which means your jungler could easily drop by a couple of times unless all the other lanes were losing to. Don't feel to bad about it, this one is a lane you could never win.

Nea De Penserhir

09-03-2012

You beat a 2v1 lane with patience. EXP range is larger than ability range. It's going to push to you eventually for gold, but as an AP champion, your early game scales with levels over farming. Get the Exp, avoid the CC as you can, and let it push towards your tower. Lose 200 gold to pick up the other 300g and maintain EXP, then crush them once you outlevel them severely.

Cloud Halcyon

09-04-2012

Vladimir is amazing at 2v1, idk what you people are talking about. .__. (I have over 50 games played with him)
He significantly outranges most conventional top laners and he has an amazing troll pool that will dodge anything except DoTs and "chained" abilities like Fiddlestick's Drain and Nocturne's fear.
Just last hit using autoattacks and q under your turret for the first few levels and force them to stay in lane and not roam by harassing them everytime they walk into your q range.
Vladimir has godly sustain (gg once you get a hextech revolver) and amazing utility, I have no idea how you'd lose any lane (top or mid) as him. I certainly haven't.
(For the record, I play him top most of the time and it's mostly a 1v2 so yeah.)