List the champs youve outplayed a darius with.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaomon

09-01-2012

Heimerdinger

X74X

09-01-2012

Mordekaiser and Riven.

PeteyPiranha

09-01-2012

you must have fought a mentally challenged darius if you beat him as warwick. If anything, darius is the #1 counter to warwick, because he has a "w" that slows attack speed, and a DoT passive that negates warwick's passive. Plus, armor penetration from his "e", and of course his true damage ult, all while having little mana cost, while warwick can only use about 3 "q's" before running oom.

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossac View Post
Your first mistake is believing anything CeralBox says.

He's pretty good for posting threads full of complete nonsense (Like why Randuins Omen is a good counter item to Diana).
Only posted that because it worked. I'd be doing it against her again as well even if she goes full ap but building that on champs like fiora feels pretty situational. approach, W, Juke with ult, nuke with CC, semi-escape or chase with E>Q>Q.

I should probably just build straight offense and have some faith in my team though.... sortof.

Anyways, I'm not lieing. I've countered diana with this by surviving her attacks, ruining towerdives, screwing her in teamfights, and pinning her down as both voli, irelia and fiora, the two champs I would ever build randuins on for diana although I usually didn't need the active for irelia, she just wins on her own or with wits end.

as for outplaying darius with sona, I've got stuff about the game posted somewhere but notice the title, it doesn't say kill, nor does it say solotop against though I've been sololane against him as sona for extended periods. Sona, pre- buff could kite him and lure him around without much fear of losing exp and gold being a support champ. Darius can't afford to keep chasing nor can he afford to get poked repeatedly. One game I had to use sona as a show of force to make jax stop hugging his turret now 1 or 2 levels behind both darius and pantheon. I use pokes, bluffs, chatbox taunts, counterbuilding, whatever.

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyPiranha View Post
you must have fought a mentally challenged darius if you beat him as warwick. If anything, darius is the #1 counter to warwick, because he has a "w" that slows attack speed, and a DoT passive that negates warwick's passive. Plus, armor penetration from his "e", and of course his true damage ult, all while having little mana cost, while warwick can only use about 3 "q's" before running oom.
I used randuins omen again lol.
Also used wits end.

firstly I want to say that hemorage is not grievous wound. You can still heal for days.
secondly, WWs ult lasts for around 2 seconds which allows you to wait out the hemmorage timer and the CC timer plus I had merc treads anyways and the mastery that gives extra tenacity effects.

So heres the trick. A little mentioned weakness darius has against many melee champs is that he has little say in when or how engagement takes place. In this case I kept my distance and baited out his pull as I let him push the lane back some, I get pulled and dont waste my ult then hp pot Q>W> waited for my status to change significantly while I aa, waited a sec and before I entered his ult range I ult > walk away, he's at less than 50% hp and cant catch me even with his passives 5% bonus I even Q a minion for some bonus health. He cant afford to chase me, he cant escape, he has 10 seconds to run as toplane heads back and my hp goes back up and so he does. I chase him>omen>W he does whatever and stops to try his combo again since he can't run, he dies midcombo before toplane ever gets back. Needless to say, solotop eve had fed him though I cant say if he was skilled or not as darius. I only remembered mostly things I did and was paying attention to, and the "enemy rampage!" thing.

Another thing I used was item advantage. I built just before I went to hang near top. Item advantage isn't meant to say that omen or wits end is a counter but rather I went to base and got an item with my gold while darius was still in lane killing the **** out of solotop eve and holding on to a bit of his gold. He was doing a tanky build I was doing tanky AS.

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossac View Post
Your first mistake is believing anything CeralBox says.

He's pretty good for posting threads full of complete nonsense (Like why Randuins Omen is a good counter item to Diana).
I'm guessing it didn't work out for you? Or did you just assume cuz math.

SadPandaSan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-01-2012

Kayle. Q + E to autoattack him whenever he tries to get creeps. If he pulls you, W and continue to kite him. Worst comes to worst, use your ult during the lengthy animation for his.

Diablo48

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

Graves wins easy by dashing out of Darus's range and pummeling him until he leaves, although you really need some team support to actually kill him.

Malzahar does even better because he can shut a fed Darius down hard 1v1 with his combo and there is nothing Darius can do about it.

Best Zod NA

09-01-2012

I never lost top to Darius using pre-nerf Twitch.

Glory days!

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquisfdom View Post
I never lost top to Darius using pre-nerf Twitch.

Glory days!
there was a twitch nerf? he seems to carry more after the remake. I should try him I guess.