*sighs* ...Selfish players....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iPlatinumSouledi

09-01-2012

well.. im relatively new to LoL, but have had loads of fun learning the style of the game which is entirely unique unto itself...

working with teams who respect who calls what direction first, understand HP shielding for low HP champs, and work together to beat the other team is what makes this game epic in terms of playing.... weather you win or loose. thats what makes the game fun, as you know everyone is working together to do their best.

but, the drawback is you have those who ignore your calls, and claim its theirs, like they own it, tell you to go to a side, and accuse you of making up your call for a direction..

there's those who agree to jungle and help you get a buff if you help them do something.. then after you help them, they take the buff for themselfs. :|

am i wrong in quitting games such as this? i know it states you can get banned for quitting, but surely the above makes it reasonable. i dont want to hurt people's experience of the game, but i dont want to play with people who only play for themself's..

Jaigar

09-01-2012

Then don't solo queue?

iPlatinumSouledi

09-01-2012

not as easy as it sounds...

Zeales

09-01-2012

We've all had the problem. If you care to find someone to que with I've sent you a friend request. It sucks being a new player and having nobody to teach you how to play/not get mad at you.
Most of the people who rage in the low level brackets are "smurf" accounts.
(Basically players who are level 30 but make another account because they aren't good enough to play in the 30 bracket or get a thrill off harassing newer players)
I'd love to help you out, I'm personally not the best player but I think I could help your league experience be better over all, in terms of having a partner to play with and won't get angered at you.
In terms of leaving games you can leave a good handful before your account gets penalized. If its that bad that you don't want to play I'd just leave. It's a game, not a prison.

iPlatinumSouledi

09-01-2012

lol ik, and most of the people i play with tend to be approachable, co-operative people... its just the odd few rotten apples.

i accepted your friend request, wondered who it was as i didnt recognize the name, and its nice to know there are people out there willing to put themself's out for others.

im not essentially bad at the game.. just need to figure out what are good builds and what arent for myself.. i've been trying to make a decent build for cho'.. i struggle alot vs ranged people with him. and with teemo.. well teemo's kind of OP and i've become pretty decent with him...

facing new champions is definately the hardest part of LoL. not knowing how to fight them is.. definately a disadvantage.

thanks for the add, look forward to playing with you .

Cheap0

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPlatinumSouledi View Post
well.. im relatively new to LoL, but have had loads of fun learning the style of the game which is entirely unique unto itself...

working with teams who respect who calls what direction first, understand HP shielding for low HP champs, and work together to beat the other team is what makes this game epic in terms of playing.... weather you win or loose. thats what makes the game fun, as you know everyone is working together to do their best.

but, the drawback is you have those who ignore your calls, and claim its theirs, like they own it, tell you to go to a side, and accuse you of making up your call for a direction..
I'd argue just the opposite, that calling a role then feeling entitled to it is selfish. Why should any specific role go to whoever types it in to chat first? If you want mid, and I want mid, how come your typing it in chat before me automatically makes your preference more valuable or meaningful than mine? Calling usually just leads to the people who don't care about others to take what they want first while all the nice people are bullied into support because they're too nice to demand any particular role.

iPlatinumSouledi

09-01-2012

LoL, you speak as if you know me, so.. whats your perfect way of everybody agreeing to which direction to go? i only EVER see arguments about direction when people IGNORE, calls, because of ARROGANCE. and IGNORANCE. something you seem to be quite familiar with it seems.

so be quiet troll, return to your bridge.

just had another terrific game.. joined the lobby and said " hey im new... only really know how to use cho and teemo's abilitys " and then went on to ask one of the melee players to come top with me. as i RESPECTED, that someone had called mid before me.

but its a funny thing respect, because i get into the game, and im left on top 2v1 ing for 15 mins whilst warwic runs around jungle's leveling up.

fair thing to do to a new player?

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

You play Cho'Gath and Teemo with Smite and Surge. You're terrible or trolling.

You might be terrible because you're new, in which case you can eventually fix being terrible, but don't presume to tell people how to play when you clearly don't know how to either.

iPlatinumSouledi

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
You play Cho'Gath and Teemo with Smite and Surge. You're terrible or trolling.

You might be terrible because you're new, in which case you can eventually fix being terrible, but don't presume to tell people how to play when you clearly don't know how to either.
umm... where did i say i used either of those spells?

where did i say i told player's how to play the game?....

where did i say i was terrible at the game?

dont put words into people's mouth's.. its very conceited.

Mako

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-12-2012

Don't play teemo, don't take surge.

It looks like you need a better grasp of the game. As a new player, I can see where you are coming from.

Typically jungle buffs are dealt with by the jungler, who will give the out at his/her discretion. When there is no jungler, typical etiquate is to allow whoever started the buff to take it, but some people are just rude. I would not leave the game over it, but there really is not much you can do. If someone is "helping" you take a buff, save your big nuke until it's low so you can guarantee the last hit.