Help with playing Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tiss

11-15-2009

Thanks for the tips, that Deceive thing was nice to know, didn't think it was irrelevant. :P Personally I use Shiv a good amount and have gotten a lot of kills with it too. I harrass with it often and usually finish people with it. Yeah I dunno the JitB stacking is a little tedious sometimes, you have spend a lot of time on a stack and sometimes they don't get used. I really don't like the timed life, though I can understand the place for it.

Also T0ggle, the guide was great man. A lot of good stuff in there and definitely looking forward to the footage and screenshots. ^^

And it's nice to know the AP build isn't useless after the nerf, just heard that it was. I gotta try your build sometime soon-ish.

Sunstrike

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzminkey View Post
Basically just use his Q as an escape mechanism and when you need to sneak up on people

W is for EZ mode jungling and laying behind enemies before you ambush them. They start to run and get tripped up by the box.

E is a skill I only get +1 in until the end. It slows OK and is an alright finishing move for people out of range.

R: I never really use this one effectively. I pop it in team fights, to push towers, and for larger jungle creeps. The clone can be controlled by holding ALT. He is good to suicide on people as he does damage when he explodes.
Actually with an AP build shaco still seems pretty effective to me. By end game throwing shivs are doing 600+damage, clones suicide for 1000+ damage, and jack in the boxes are doing 2-300 damage per shot. Somewhat of a support hero now, but still has the ability to do tons of damage.

I don't use his stealth all THAT much, useful for escaping or starting ganks, but I've found alot of people get wards and stuff making it pretty weak.

Jack in the box is awesome once you start to get items (in an AP type build). By end game you should be spamming them whenever the cooldown is off, to control lanes, as advance spotters in the jungle, and as traps for enemies. One of my favourite tactics when you have a turtling team is to lay 2/3 jacks outside of there sight range, and play chicken with them until they try and gank you. Shiv-> 3 jacks opening up for 300 damage+ fear +shooting fast= dead people.

Shiv is just good for all around harassing. Not so much early early game, but mid game it's a great nuke, made all the better by the slow. I tend to use it to open fights and chase runners.

Clone is pretty cool, although sometimes hard to use. The best uses I've found are when an opponent has an AOE attack they can't stop. for example when katarina uses her ultimate you pop your clone, fling a jack in the box on her retreat path, blast her with shiv (laugh maniacally as she can't stop herself from killing your clone in melee range dealing 1000 damage to herself) and then if she's still not dead she gets killed by ze jack in the box as she runs away. Other than that it's mostly a way to help push towers, and as a damagespong/meganuke in team fights.

Venarial

11-16-2009

Honestly even with shaco's so called nerf he is still really the same... Even with the AP build i still get the same amount of kills and deaths if any.. Also if you have gotten most of your dps items Guardian Angel is a terrific item for him since it revies your clone and can get you of of most sitiuations easily. Futhermore at level 6 if an enemy is low enough for you to kill at there tower in 2 hits or so decieve in pop your clone(the tower turret will attack the clone not you) by the time the turret gets on you, you should be out of there or take 1 hit. The last few games with him i noticed a good mix between AP items and physical seem to do very well. For JitB there are tons of use for them. With JitB and Hallucinate you can effectly burn a tower down since when you lay a JitB down the turret will immediately focus it. Just some thoughts for the Futer

Venarial

11-16-2009

@Morbis if you think shaco is useless you have not played with a good one lol. He can easily end up carrying a team and is one of the best baiters also if played well he will never feed a team early game so something else to not worry about.

About the clone i believe hitting alt you can control it(help if im mistake) but you would be surprised to see how many kills you can get by sending it to an enemy recalling next to a tower with low health and the clone explodes

Tiss

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstrike View Post
Clone is pretty cool, although sometimes hard to use. The best uses I've found are when an opponent has an AOE attack they can't stop. for example when katarina uses her ultimate you pop your clone, fling a jack in the box on her retreat path, blast her with shiv (laugh maniacally as she can't stop herself from killing your clone in melee range dealing 1000 damage to herself) and then if she's still not dead she gets killed by ze jack in the box as she runs away. Other than that it's mostly a way to help push towers, and as a damagespong/meganuke in team fights.
Didn't think about sending a clone in some AoE that they can't stop that's nice, thanks for the tip. ^^ Yeah and Guardian Angel is really a cool item for Shaco especially as it works for the clone too, I like it.