Help with playing Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vamprski

Adjudicator

11-14-2009

I recently started playing him as well. Prefer the attack to the ability build, but still haven't gotten my items down.

My skill build:
1. W
2. Q
2. W
3. E
5. W

Maxing W, then E, then R, and finally Q.

I really only use Q for the escape/placement. The damage is negligible, especially since I get a Sheen. At level 3+ W, about 3 JITBs can destroy a hero without you being there.

Can also be used for pushing by mass fearing a creep wave.

Late game, I stop stacking the JITBs and a) use them as wards b) gank with them. Start from the bush (or right next to them if the situation calls for it) Q behind them, place a JITB even farther back, start autoattacking, attempt to lure them onto the JITB, autoattack some more, finish with E, or escape with Q. Add your ult anywhere in there and you pretty much got yourself a kill.

TheSacrifice

11-14-2009

Maybe I'm playing him wrong? Because no matter how many times I try, Jitb will never net me a kill. Hell, it hardly saves me.

Paara

11-14-2009

I'd like to add something I saw the other day for shaco players. Guardian Angel works for the clone.

Summoner X

11-14-2009

Your gonna need alot of boxes for the kill, i can normally get 4 out before minions get to the lane and maintain full mana. But normally I can use two and still get the kill with some atks and exhust. If you go ability power you can get kills mid and late game with them, it will take more but almost gurantee a kill. ounce around early mid game, I baited a full health jaz into 4 jib He thought he was cool and did his jaz jump! and ofcourse it was a lol moment but furthermore a kill.

TheSacrifice

11-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paara View Post
I'd like to add something I saw the other day for shaco players. Guardian Angel works for the clone.
Yup. ALL items work for the clone. The best ones to go are ones that ignore armor through various true damage effects, like Malady, Wit's End, Bloodrazor, etc.

T0ggle

11-15-2009

I have a solution to your question
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=25473
enjoy.

Tiss

11-15-2009

Thanks for all the help guys. I didn't know that Guardian Angel trick, that's nice

And also thanks for the guide T0ggle.

I just don't really know where to put my JitB:es and how to lure people in them, unless I'm low on health.
And the thing that makes it hard is that the boxes last only 90 seconds if I remember correctly and you have to be careful where to put them so the creeps won't aggro them.

Edit: Also, have you played the AP build after the nerf? Because JitB:es are MAD squishy now.

Morbis

11-15-2009

the best way to play shacco is to pick a different champion, he was worthless even before he got nerfed.

T0ggle

11-15-2009

I still play my build even after the nerf, the jack in the boxes aren't squishy at all, their attack range is though twice the amount in range as the fear. so I believe they need to fix that.
When I start using xfire video and screenshots, you'll see me posting videos and images explaining how to stradegicly place jack in the boxes, among many other things.
Good Luck to you and your adventures as Shaco the clown.

Vamprski

Adjudicator

11-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiss View Post
Thanks for all the help guys. I didn't know that Guardian Angel trick, that's nice

And also thanks for the guide T0ggle.

I just don't really know where to put my JitB:es and how to lure people in them, unless I'm low on health.
And the thing that makes it hard is that the boxes last only 90 seconds if I remember correctly and you have to be careful where to put them so the creeps won't aggro them.

Edit: Also, have you played the AP build after the nerf? Because JitB:es are MAD squishy now.
Typically in brush. If I'm not mistaken, they're invis even while fading, so you can stack them quite ninja-like.

Tends to help to change locations every attempt. However, I don't doubt that you can mind**** people and drive them away from certain points.

Also, if somebody lane changes to your lane, typically free kill.

Don't like the AP build. Focuses too much on late-game JITB stacking, which is pretty fail for me. Early game is stacking is easier because you can stack in the brush without them noticing, and without losing exp.

Don't like using my Shiv's active unless I'm positive it will result in a kill, as a passive auto attack slow is too good to not use. Even though AP adds more to Shiv, attack power still adds a fair amount as well.

Completely irrelevant protip: if you Deceive from brush (not into, mind you) or from fog of war, enemies can't see where you blinked to, only where you blinked from. People typically not noticing this = win.