Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Annie and Nunu's 'pets'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geddian

09-18-2010

Quote:
Hellsy:
Nunu throws the ice ball.

I'm not sure why this is a large deal. Mordekaiser enslaves a shadow copy of others to do his bidding, yet he's counted as one champion. Malzahar calls in creatures from the Void. I think Nunu and Willump blur the line of "what is a champion" but the two have been inseperable for years. They might as well be one person.

Mordekaiser enslaves an enemy champion, which is different, and Malzahar's insects aren't really pets so much as the accidental byproduct of his spells. All the locusts Nasus makes wouldn't count either.

It's not a big deal, but I'd like to have it clarified by Riot. One of the ideas I had for a champion suggestion was a set of twins who worked in unison, which wouldn't be possible if only animals could be considered as 'partners' to a champ.

Morrowlife

09-18-2010

Know what would help here? I Lore post of League Weapon Rules and Violations.

My understanding is that Tibbers is considered a Summon. This would probably be under some sort of spell clause.

Nunu and Willump... I don't know. Brain and Brawn argument applies well here.

Gamefreak506

09-18-2010

Quote:
Geddian:
Mordekaiser enslaves an enemy champion, which is different, and Malzahar's insects aren't really pets so much as the accidental byproduct of his spells. All the locusts Nasus makes wouldn't count either.

Those are sands, not locusts.

Zzilb

09-18-2010

I feel the league's sense of arbitration in these affairs is fluid and dynamic, as demonstrated by the lines "Freljord has applied for membership in the past. Its previous appeal was denied on the grounds that its population was insufficient, lacking both a defined governmental structure and the means to police itself. Ashe’s recent ordainment as leader of Freljord’s two united tribes, bolstered by the might and numbers of Tryndamere’s barbarians, was enough to sway the opinion of the Council of Equity."

Rather than strict legislature, the League could simply make use of its Council in discerning whether or not something should be accepted. They are all highly intelligent mages, after all. Nothing need be dumbed down to 'legal or illegal, regardless of circumstance'.

In fact, its a realm of diverse magics. Theres already a huge array of potential weapons. Isnt the champion being an effective force all that matters?

Now. Clearly, if all of Demacia's legions were considered an effective force attached to Garen, things would rapidly get out of hand. We wouldnt be circumventing rune wars at all and legendary prowess on an individual level would be doubtful.

Good judgement is all that is needed. If a pair of twins from Piltover were, combined, a considerable combatant, and all of Piltover wishes to choose the twins as their league representation on the field, it serves no purpose to declare 'No, sorry Piltover, youll just have to find someone whos as strong as both combined, better luck next time'.

KittyDogBird

09-18-2010

Quote:
alexdeathfiend:
maybe because of her GIANT FLAMING BEAR!?

thats just what i think :P

Lol, yeah. Giant Flaming Bear is better then most people have.

ipleadthefif208

09-19-2010

whillump is a champ just like nunu NOT A PET

neocow

09-19-2010

Quote:
Hellsy:
Then why is Annie allowed in? She's only four.

Have you ever tried to turret dive an annie?

Or for that matter, dive with annie....
Feirce.