Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Annie and Nunu's 'pets'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geddian

09-18-2010

Why are Annie and Nunu allowed to bring the yeti and Tibbers into League matches with them? Is there no League rule on how many autonomous creatures can be brought in as a single 'champion', or are Nunu and Annie exceptions to League rules? The latest JoJ indicates that the yeti is a citizen of Freljord, so at least Nunu seems to be a two-in-one champion.

Shocklance Fiend

09-18-2010

Well Tibbers (from my understanding) is just Annie's stuffed bear animated and transformed into a gigantic fiery bear because of her magic. For Annie to not be allowed to bring Tibbers is like asking Yi to leave his sword behind.

As for Nunu and the yeti, perhaps the two are only strong together, otherwise as individuals, they would not be able to join the league. I'd say that maybe Nunu is the brains of the operation and the yeti is the brawn.

Treantreznor

09-18-2010

Maybe there's a symbiotic link between Nunu and the Yeti that goes beyond the superficial Man Beast love?

IntFam

09-18-2010

Annie's bear is magical by nature. From what I understand, he's not an entirely real bear.

As for Nunu...well, Nunu himself does no fighting. He just sits on his yeti's back, so it's likely Nunu himself isn't counted as a combatant.

Petrichor1

09-18-2010

Imagine Willump as the sword and Nunu as the hand that guides the sword. Same with Annie and Tibbers.

Aqueel

09-18-2010

"At the age of two, Annie miraculously ensorcelled a shadow bear - a ferocious denizen of the petrified forests outside the colony - turning it into her pet."

It's more then an actual bear, it's a freakin magical bear that she mind controlled and turned into a stuffed animal.

Scary scary girl.

BraveryBeyond

09-18-2010

Quote:
IntFam:
Annie's bear is magical by nature. From what I understand, he's not an entirely real bear.

As for Nunu...well, Nunu himself does no fighting. He just sits on his yeti's back, so it's likely Nunu himself isn't counted as a combatant.

Nunu throws the ice ball.

I'm not sure why this is a large deal. Mordekaiser enslaves a shadow copy of others to do his bidding, yet he's counted as one champion. Malzahar calls in creatures from the Void. I think Nunu and Willump blur the line of "what is a champion" but the two have been inseperable for years. They might as well be one person.

Navex575

09-18-2010

Guys willump is nunus brother so they go into battle together as a team nunu is too small to be by himself

BraveryBeyond

09-18-2010

Quote:
Navex575:
Guys willump is nunus brother so they go into battle together as a team nunu is too small to be by himself

Then why is Annie allowed in? She's only four.

alexdeathfiend

09-18-2010

Quote:
Hellsy:
Then why is Annie allowed in? She's only four.

maybe because of her GIANT FLAMING BEAR!?

thats just what i think :P