Does Shaco's Deceive crit scale with crit damage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raolan

08-31-2012

Just curious. Been playing around with a few different runes for Shaco and need to know if crit damage affects it at all.

Cenerae

08-31-2012

It does, but you'll get better results by using AD or armor pen runes.

Raolan

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
It does, but you'll get better results by using AD or armor pen runes.
Thanks and I know but I'm just experimenting with things like 10% crit chance ganks at level 2.

Obviously it's all RNG but with that setup I managed to kill mid in 2 hits (Deceive, then crit)

TheSneaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Look if your good enough and have enough ip to buy a full crit damage rune page (you must be very seroius) You will get an extra 40-50% extra crit damage level 1, stacked with his q you will deal about 260-280% more damage with his Q equaling very strong ganks and so fort. The crit damage runes will also help a ton on Gp and tryda. These are some of the most expensive runes so you will have to be commited to these 3 champions, but you will be a very strong force to be reckoned with. Also if you want

Heres a shaco jungle guide =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-favDpjyn4

Cenerae

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSneaker View Post
Look if your good enough and have enough ip to buy a full crit rune page (you must be very seroius) You will get an extra 40-50% extra crit damage level 1, stacked with his q you will deal about 260-280% more damage with his Q equaling very strong ganks and so fort. The crit damage runes will also help a ton on Gp and tryda. These are some of the most expensive runes so you will have to be commited to these 3 champions, but you will be a very strong force to be reckoned with. Also if you want

Heres a shaco jungle guide =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-favDpjyn4
Or you could buy AD or armor pen runes and not only get the same kind of size crit, but your non crits will also hit harder.

Crit damage runes a newbie trap. It only becomes worth having in late game once you have an infinity edge and another big crit item. And only slightly better than just running AD/armor pen in the first place. And your early game will suck because you gave up all the potential offensive and defensive boosts to make it easier, just so your lategame could be oh so marginally better. Except you take longer to get your late game because of that crappy early game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raolan View Post
Thanks and I know but I'm just experimenting with things like 10% crit chance ganks at level 2.

Obviously it's all RNG but with that setup I managed to kill mid in 2 hits (Deceive, then crit)
Fair enough. Well, like I said. It -will- scale with crit damage runes, if you really want to toss the IP away on them. Don't be like this guy above me though, please. :P

TheSneaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Or you could buy AD or armor pen runes and not only get the same kind of size crit, but your non crits will also hit harder.

Crit damage runes a newbie trap. It only becomes worth having in late game once you have an infinity edge and another big crit item. And only slightly better than just running AD/armor pen in the first place. And your early game will suck because you gave up all the potential offensive and defensive boosts to make it easier, just so your lategame could be oh so marginally better. Except you take longer to get your late game because of that crappy early game.

Fair enough. Well, like I said. It -will- scale with crit damage runes, if you really want to toss the IP away on them. Don't be like this guy above me though, please. :P
Your obvoiusly an idiotic troll, Crit damage runes will give you 50% crit DAMAGE, decive alone is 220% at level 1, now imagine this 220+50% = 270% extra damage level 1, Arm pent runes are late game, now please stop trolling and being a ******. Arm pent runes are worthless for shaco, and trust me i got exp from a friend whos @ 1600-1700 elo with an ap shaco and me who played shaco maybe 10x longer then you ever did since i started right after the beta

Cenerae

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSneaker View Post
Your obvoiusly an idiotic troll, Crit damage runes will give you 50% crit DAMAGE, decive alone is 220% at level 1, now imagine this 220+50% = 270% extra damage level 1, Arm pent runes are late game, now please stop trolling and being a ******. Arm pent runes are worthless for shaco, and trust me i got exp from a friend whos @ 1600-1700 elo with an ap shaco and me who played shaco maybe 10x longer then you ever did since i started right after the beta
...Armor pen runes...late game?

So tell me. What's more effective. Shaving 15 armor off people who have 20 armor, or shaving 15 armor off people with 100-200?

And what in the nine hells does AP shaco have to do with any of this?

And uh...what does time spent playing League have to do with anything? If you can't even make a coherent point, then that point is still worthless.

Sure. Okay. You get +50% critical strike damage to your Decieve. Rank 1 Decieve is a 20% bonus crit rather than 100%. You do 170% damage. Shaco's base AD at level 3 is...around 60? So, adding in another 5-6 AD from masteries (since I can't recall how much you get from the AD/level one), your Decieve crit will do about 110 damage before taking armor into account, which will drop that by somewhere in the region of 20%.

All those runes, you sank into that ONE attack (since you don't have any crit chance yet, you're not going to get any more crits in that early gank), and it's not even impressive. C'mon, how am -I- the one trolling when you seem to think that doing this is even a great idea? Shaco revolves around early ganking in the jungle to get a good start and continue being a threat in the late game. And your ganking consists of far more than 1 autoattack and a two-shiv. It should consist of several, and since you only get ONE mini-crit from Decieve...yeah, those crit damage runes are really helping.

TheSneaker

08-31-2012

critical strikes 2x your damage so 270% point proven your a starter

til Days of Blue

08-31-2012

I hate to say this but I remember that Shaco's deceive's crit is serve as bonus damage, in other words it is not a real crit, thus not count toward crit bonus damage

Someone can always test it and confirm it for me though,

Cenerae

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
I hate to say this but I remember that Shaco's deceive's crit is serve as bonus damage, in other words it is not a real crit, thus not count toward crit bonus damage

Someone can always test it and confirm it for me though,
I seem to remember Guinsoo saying that it's a modified critical strike.

As in, the critical damage bonus is 40%, rather than the normal 100% (for rank 1 Decieve, obviously - minor edit, I got the rank 1 damage wrong)

So, it's a real crit, and crit damage does affect it, but the base damage bonus is much weaker than normal.

edit - a look at the league wiki seems to support this.