How to fix Twisted Treeline.

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epictues

Senior Member

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyBotLane View Post
Maybe items are the way to go for TT balance. No one is really disagreeing with you there. But your item ideas are as bad as your grammar.

oh zing!!


speaking of physco-analyzing,, as Einstein said, most people are unable to separate reason from emotion. Which is why women will usually vote for the presidential canidate who they think looks better, and we are forced to sit through debates where we have to listen to things like
"I am for the children".. "Lets build bridges to the future".. "Hope, Love and Justice!".."Im a good ol fashion person, who is for the little guy!"..

that have no substance.


I know your sitting back congratulating and massaging yourself on your nice quip there, but think about what I just said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epictues

Senior Member

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emfteka View Post
I'm sorry, I just don't see the items really good and easy to exploit. I can name a number of champions that can and would exploit from an item idea like this- Teemo, Yi, Sion...Anyone who can attack fast. Teemo with a Madred's bloodrazor can shred through anyone, and that only does 4% damage. If there was one and it was cheaper. These champions can just buy that item like they'd buy a wit's end or malady, and would never have to go anymore ad, just spam armor and hp and they will still just dominate. All those suggestions would do is eliminate the strong tier champions, and replace them with different, even more unfair ones.

man I really want to reply to you but youre blowing my mind. I dont know how to respond. Look at your for sentence. Its contradicting itself. Then look at your last sentence...
You say it would eliminate the strong tier champions ... ok then you say it would replace them with even more unfair ones. I think you mean to say it would replace them with champions that arent currently unfair but now would be unfair?


I see what youre saying about attack speed. But if we can put people on the moon then we can think our way through this bump.... amIright?

first addressing Teemo. Maybe have this item not stack with bloodrazer, while bloodrazer gives flat damage benefits that makes it easiar to kill glassy champions, then new item will be tailored towards damaging tankier champs.

Zion relies on life steal with his buff, but these items can do added magic damage negating this. Yi could pose a problem with the % life loss shield, someone would have to crunch the numbers on that. Attack wise it wouldnt let him kill the underpowered champions any faster just the OP ones so shouldnt be a problem there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-03-2012

K the way to not die if you are a champion that blows up in .2 seconds? Don't get hit by anything. AD carries have their place against certain comps specifically those without many gap closers but also with someone who can protect them against peel.

EG. an Ezreal, nunu support, +tanky dps vs Darius, Singed, Lee Sin. The Ez nunu combo has a distinct advantage in that the only gap closer effective against Ez is the lee sin Q which would require poor positioning to be hit by in the first place. The Nunu ult and Ice ball protects the Ez from everything else that team can do and they would be kite infinitely. I'm quite happy with AD carry, support being situational rather than playable every game. I think it is how all champs should be. If you added either of these two items that you propose then it would make AD carries the best choice in every game on a map where there are only 3 champ slots.

Essentially, like other people have said, you would just switch out the champs that were best with new ones and make some of the current best unplayable. It may fix current problems but it would also create more and possibly worse ones.

EDIT: The reason I didn't respond properly the first time was because all other criticism that others put forward you just blew off. They had legitimate concerns and yet you just ignore them in favor your idea. What is the point with discussing something like this with you if you are just going to blow it off?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-03-2012

These items are stupid op


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xander756

Member

09-03-2012

To fix twisted treeline they have to either remove the bushes or give vision of the entire map except for the bushes. All this map is is gank after gank after gank. Everybody hides and ambushes you. That's not fun. That's why nobody plays it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
To fix twisted treeline they have to either remove the bushes or give vision of the entire map except for the bushes. All this map is is gank after gank after gank. Everybody hides and ambushes you. That's not fun. That's why nobody plays it.
That's nothing what it's like and your way of fixing it is stupid
That's like saying give everyone on summoners rift vision of the river because that's where every ganks from


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epictues

Senior Member

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyBotLane View Post
K the way to not die if you are a champion that blows up in .2 seconds? Don't get hit by anything. AD carries have their place against certain comps specifically those without many gap closers but also with someone who can protect them against peel.

EG. an Ezreal, nunu support, +tanky dps vs Darius, Singed, Lee Sin. The Ez nunu combo has a distinct advantage in that the only gap closer effective against Ez is the lee sin Q which would require poor positioning to be hit by in the first place. The Nunu ult and Ice ball protects the Ez from everything else that team can do and they would be kite infinitely. I'm quite happy with AD carry, support being situational rather than playable every game. I think it is how all champs should be. If you added either of these two items that you propose then it would make AD carries the best choice in every game on a map where there are only 3 champ slots.

Essentially, like other people have said, you would just switch out the champs that were best with new ones and make some of the current best unplayable. It may fix current problems but it would also create more and possibly worse ones.

EDIT: The reason I didn't respond properly the first time was because all other criticism that others put forward you just blew off. They had legitimate concerns and yet you just ignore them in favor your idea. What is the point with discussing something like this with you if you are just going to blow it off?


this is a true concern. and it might make having an AD carry on TT a norm rather than the exception that it is now.

I dont see this as putting AD carries over the edge though because. They would have to invest in an item that is designed to only allow them to do semi-moderate damage to tanky champs at a semi-moderate investment.... WHILE at the same time not being synergistic with AD champ items. IE. it wouldnt work with life steal or critical damage thus even though it might(or might not) give AD carries a buff vs tanks it would be shooting themselves in the foot against non-tank champs(which consquently might be more popular now, and something they wouldnt want to do)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epictues

Senior Member

09-03-2012

just to re iterate and put things in perspective a little more.

The thesis of this thread is that on twisted treeline some champs are currently way over-powered while others are way under-powered because of the setup of twisted treeline.

Further more the thread is putting forward that individual champion changes to make them better balanced for twisted treeline is not the best way to balance TT. Instead the better way to balance TT is to add TT specific items that address the mechanics that throw off TT balance. Which are things like...


-things like long range substained movement speed are less important.

-Conditions are more cramped and there is less room, forcing close range fights very often.

-There is less room to retreat, making poking less effective because critical objectives will be lost otherwise.

-there is less help. you dont have 5 ppl trying to take down a tank, you only have 2. In addition you are not likely to have a pure AD carry helping u take down that tank, because TT does not cater well to pure AD carries, thus lowering your teams damage even more.. and if one of your team mates dies its even that much more of a reason why you need to be able to do serious substained damage and tank.

-slowly taking someones health down is not as effective because how close everyone is to their base, they can just go back to their base and refill on health fast without missing a step, where as on 5vs5 this is not an option and you can slowly take down someones health.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadicalEquinox

Senior Member

09-03-2012

your theory just depends on the character, not the player.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epictues

Senior Member

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeBand View Post
your theory just depends on the character, not the player.

quoted


123