Rammus OP in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xander756

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph View Post
I see you lack reading comprehension, then again you readily admit this by stating that you "fail" at grasping the point of what I posted. I just told you how to counterbuild a Rammus and the only thing you got out of my entire post was the fact that I pointed out that you build glass cannon ADs.

It matters ENTIRELY when you continue to build glass knowing the enemy team has one or more champions that can effectively shut you out of the game. Sorry but with that mentality you'll never progress into anything better if you continuously think that Rammus (or any given champ) is the problem and not what you're doing.

He doesn't negate the class either, he punishes players who build poorly/try to play Rambo in a teamfight.

You my friend need to learn to think more critically, and make decisions off of what the enemy team brings to the table.
I already do that though. If you looked at my game history you will see I'm the one leading my team in kills. It's other people who let me down.

Nothing I do will keep Rammus from capping the windmill before our team gets there. Should I built for all mobility? Ghost? Boots of Mob? Phantom Dancer? That isn't going to help me not be so "glass-like" is it?

Nothing I do is going to help my teammates be able to kill Rammus faster. There's not a donate gold button, is there?

Also nothing I do is going to negate the fact that Rammus' damage scales with his armor. Should I myself build up armor and magic resist in order to stand up to him? What exactly would be the point in an AD Carry building like a tank? I still wouldn't be able to 1v1 him, and I would just lack the damage to bring anybody else down if I did this.

There is nothing I can do to get around Rammus as an ADC.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Quote:
will see I'm the one leading my team in kills.
You are the best. With this kind of evidence how could anyone doubt you are the best player in the team?

FDru

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
I already do that though. If you looked at my game history you will see I'm the one leading my team in kills. It's other people who let me down.

Nothing I do will keep Rammus from capping the windmill before our team gets there. Should I built for all mobility? Ghost? Boots of Mob? Phantom Dancer? That isn't going to help me not be so "glass-like" is it?

Nothing I do is going to help my teammates be able to kill Rammus faster. There's not a donate gold button, is there?

Also nothing I do is going to negate the fact that Rammus' damage scales with his armor. Should I myself build up armor and magic resist in order to stand up to him? What exactly would be the point in an AD Carry building like a tank? I still wouldn't be able to 1v1 him, and I would just lack the damage to bring anybody else down if I did this.

Rammus does magic damage, and whatever he gets from his passive is trivial since he's not itemizing properly to do AD damage. The only time he should ever get any autoattacks off is during taunt, and outside of that his AD is meaningless.

And what do you do against champs like Lee Sin when you're playing carries? You die even faster I'm guessing since he shuts down your AS and builds actual damage items. Ditto for Malphite, who scales much better off of armor than Rammus (damage-wise) and also neuters your AS. Ever played against Nasus? After 10 minutes you will do no damage thanks to Wither and he will literally 2 shot you. lol

Phourc

08-31-2012

Quote:
Rammus' damage is pretty much all magic - magic AoE ult, magic damage on powerball, magic damage on you hitting him when he taunts you and magic damage on thormail or sunfire if he chooses to build them (which at your level of play is quite likely).

Fortunately for you there are three, count 'em, THREE items that give carry stats AND magic resist!

Wit's End gives attackspeed and MR!
Hexdrinker gives AD, MR and a shield!
Maw of Malmortius gives AD, MR, a better shield and more AD!

Also, looking at your last few matches you're going to want to get some lifesteal, that is the BIGGEST way to keep yourself alive as an ADC.

Grabbing 1 or 2 vamp scepters, even if you have to sell the second one later, is pretty darn cost effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
His mobility isn't much of an issue if your team has jungle control. Or rather, mobility in general isn't as much of a benefit. He is a good bot ganker against squishies but since squishies don't go bot outside of derp elo, he may as well never go bot at all..
Maybe that was why he fell off the map, people no longer taking AD/AP carries bot lane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
regards to Rammus mobility, most people don't realize that dominon is softcapped for movement speed. It really needs to be mentioned in the aura tooltip.
Mmm... correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all maps?

inFe eD

08-31-2012

I found something that might help.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Let me break it down to you.

Quote:
Kills do not mean much of ANYTHING (this is your first mistake). And there you are doing it again with the whole "It's everybody else fault/some external fault, and not any of my own" (second one)

Quote:
You still haven't read my first post have you (third mistake)? I'll say it again: Mercury Treads, any life steal items, and a Last Whisper for starters. If he rushes your windmill and nobody has ghost (which is weird), you rush their mid. Or, if you can't get to the point and stop him from capturing but can get there before he fully captures, well if you play an Ranged AD carry, just shoot him from behind the wall...>.>

Quote:
Read the last point above.

Quote:
Rammus' main damage ability that scales off of armor is Defensive Ball Curl. It is magic damage. His autoattack damage is horrible. Build MAGIC RESIST (though I won't complain if you build armor)

What exactly would be the point of building defensive items you ask? Survivability. Dead AD Carries can't Carry. You have a plethora of items that you could build and still be an effective AD Carry. (Maw of Malmortus, Hexdrinker, Atma's, Wit's End, Frozen Mallet, and Frozen Heart all give you added survivability while allowing you to do damage).

Quote:
Read every quality post in here, and they'll tell you how to fight him. Nobody, including Rammus, is the problem at this point. It's your lack of self-observation with a bit of self-righteous indignation that hinders you against him.

ShawNuff

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Rammus hasn't been played competitively in SR or Dominion since his last round of nerfs. He was clearly overnerfed and yet you are still crying. How sad.
What would Aesh say?

IMO, he has gone from being THE tank to pick to just one tank you can pick.

konfetarius

08-31-2012

Quote:
His mobility isn't much of an issue if your team has jungle control. Or rather, mobility in general isn't as much of a benefit. He is a good bot ganker against squishies but since squishies don't go bot outside of derp elo, he may as well never go bot at all. So what good is his mobility really? You might as well take Blitzcrank who has good mobility, and disgusting amounts of CC and still puts out good damage.

Nobody plays WW anymore because his bad early game became a horrid early game, and it seriously hurt his ability to be effective. He was always weak before level 9, but that rank 5 Q gave him a significant boost in power. Getting that cut by 20% is a massive nerf, and waiting til 15 minutes in to be any kind of threat just doesn't cut it.

And since you mentioned it, I don't see people getting sick of spamming Darius, Malphite and Kassadin every single game.
Thing about Blitzcrank, he is harder to use; his CC isn't as concentrated, he isn't as tanky, and a bad pull can lose you the game. His AoE damage is also not as good as Rammus's. But, sure, Blitz is OP as well.

How are Rammus ganks bot bad? Is your bot lane always a no damage or predominantly magic damage, defensive stalemate? Even tanky bots end up taking damage or over-extend or get their point pushed by minions. Rammus R cooldown is so low he can pretty much fire it every fight with CDR.

Jungle control doesn't come free. Rammus is a very proficient team fighter (can flank to **** over a squishy, can CC the bruiser, does good AoE damage). His mobility lets him heal up, shop, and return to jungle very fast. It lets him reinforce points against ganks and backdoor attempts. He is god tier at punishing an out of position mistake (You have people visible in top lane while someone tries to grab Storm Relic? Auto-caught unless you are Kassadin or Teemo with 50 shrooms covering you.)

As for WW stuff, meh. His E + R work plenty to fill in the holes to justify his early game in spite of its weakness. All it really means is that you look at whenever your team has enough early game damage to make up for it.

Quote:
What would Aesh say?
He would cry, because if inFe eD ever lets him pick Rammus against us again, I will put my good captain's face in a blender.

NamKim

08-31-2012

Rammus does give me a few problems. But that's mostly because I rarely see one so I get so little practice going against one. Although, people tend to go for the cheesecake tier champions anyways.

So, yeah, if I see a Rammus, I get a little scared. But I would rather go against a Rammus than a Kass, Jayce, Yorick, or Jax.

Very interesting that he is only in Tier 2 for top and Tier 4 for bot in Sauron's tier list. I know Sauron said that his tier list shouldn't be used in an argument or debate. But Sauron's tier was designed with high elo players in mind. Meaning, high elo players do not see Rammus as much of a threat.

Anyways, it would be wise to listen to the people here. You have some of the best Dominion players giving you advice and suggestions. I believe some of these players are regulars in Dominion tournaments. It would be wise to listen to their advice. Let's put it this way, if there was a Ranked Dominion, a lot of these guys would be considered Platinum. A lot of the really good Dominion players were Gold/Platinum players in Season 1. In other words, these guys know a thing or two about League of Legends in general.

Xander756

08-31-2012

You would rather go up against Rammus than Yorick? I don't think I've ever even seen him in Dominion.