Rammus OP in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xander756

08-31-2012

Can we have Rammus banned in Dominion or something? There is a reason he has the highest win rate of any champ. He's too fast. Caps Windmill before the other team even gets there. How is that fair?

Not to mention he becomes too hard to kill and his damage scales with defense which makes him deal way too much for a tank.

I'm not saying he is OP inherently. In Summoner's Rift I think he's fine. But for Dominion, it's just too much. It makes games not even fun.

FDru

08-31-2012

Rammus hasn't been played competitively in SR or Dominion since his last round of nerfs. He was clearly overnerfed and yet you are still crying. How sad.

Xander756

08-31-2012

There is no competitive Dominion....?

naotasan

08-31-2012

Rammus is not over powered. He's fine. I have way more complaints about Kassadin and Jayce before I even think about Rammus.

And yes, there's competitive dominion. You just have to look for it or get your hidden elo high enough.

Xander756

08-31-2012

I've seen a lot of threads about Jayce recently but I have never had a problem with him personally. Why do people say he is OP?

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Because you're at lower ELO, where the majority of players don't know how to build/play him.

Rammus is not overpowered. He simply has a fast learning curve, which means he effectively IS a pubstomping champ.

You're having problems with Rammus? Merc Treads for starters (for Magic Resist/Tenacity, since a majority of his damage is magic and if taunt is causing you problems well...) + Life Steal, and a simple Last Whisper dispatches him. However being the champ he is, you can't possibly think that you should be able to damage him and not be able to take damage (which is a lot of the public at lower ELOs think). His speed a problem? Get a Rylai's/Frozen Mallet. Play any champs with a form of strong CC. Or better yet, since most Rammus players don't build Magic Resist until they build armor, simply have your AP flank him.

Chances are you're one of the players who think building glass cannon and doing tons of damage = being skilled/winning. Well Rammus is one of the champs that puts you in your place and causes you to think of a strategy instead of rushing head first into a fight with no form of defense with an autoattacking champ.

I'm a Rammus player, I know the ends and outs of him. Simply put, he's only strong when he has a strong ally team or a bunch of derps for an enemy team.

EDIT: Just saw your match history. YOU PLAY NOTHING BUT autoattack AD champs and build glass like you're making windows. No wonder you think Rammus is OP, lol @Trynd/Ashe/Varus/MF xD

Koravel

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
I've seen a lot of threads about Jayce recently but I have never had a problem with him personally. Why do people say he is OP?
Because no champion exists that can trade with him.

He can use his ranged skills, jump in, use hammer skills, finishing with the knockback and get out before the slow from his q wears off. This will destroy anyone in lane. Anyone who loses bot lane as Jayce to anyone is doing something wrong, or simply being very much out-played.

There may be a few exceptions to that sweeping statement that I have simply never seen, but that holds pretty true for every bot lane Jayce I've seen.

naotasan

08-31-2012

I take it you haven't fought Jayce recently in Dominion, that or you have under 100 wins.

He fills so many rolls very easily and almost effortlessly.

EDIT: Just checked your recently played games. Under 100 wins (I called it) and you play a lot of ADC characters like Varus and Ashe. You do realise Rammus is pretty much anti-adc right?

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
I take it you haven't fought Jayce recently in Dominion, that or you have under 100 wins.
And there lies the crux of the issue, <100 wins, plays all AD AA champs and builds purely glass.

Got to build defensive with all that offense.

WaterD103

08-31-2012

As a Ranged AD player, I don't like to face rammus. however A few things to have in mind. If you have Ranged Ad and there is a rammus in the game you have to plan your build around him I build Mercury threads, Phantom dancer, Last whisper, Sanguine blade and QSS. With that build you will still be good against the rest of the cast and you will survive rammus with proper positioning and use of your teammates.