Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Advice on rune pages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychicToaster

08-31-2012

I am curious as to what high ranked players typically run on their rune pages. I have listed my current rune pages below. I would like some feedback and advice on what I should keep or change, as well as how to maximize my rune pages for ranked play. I was sitting at 1335 ELO today before a lovely loss due to a "support" Pantheon and a feeding solo top. I'm feeling a bit out of it today, and can't seem to focus on doing this on my own. Some help would be much appreciated.

AP Carry Rune Page
Greater Mark of Insight[x9], granting +8.5 magic penetration.
Greater Seal of Clarity[x9], granting +11 mana regen/5 at level 18.
Greater Glyph of Force[x9], granting +28 ability power at level 18.
Greater Quintessence of Potency[x3], granting a flat +15 ability power.

Melee/Range Rune Page
Greater Mark of Desolation[x9], granting +15 armour penetration.
Greater Seal of Clarity[x9], granting +11 mana regen/5 at level 18.
Greater Glyph of Warding[x9], granting a flat +12 magic resistance
Greater Quintessence of Vigor[x3], granting +8.1 HP regen/5

Typically I combine the HP regen quints with a regrowth pendant on my melee carries.

Intiator Rune Page
Greater Mark of Fortitude[x9], granting a flat +31 HP
Greater Seal of Resilience[x9], granting a flat +13 armour
Greater Glyph of Shielding[x9], granting +24 magic resistance at level 18
Greater Quintessence of Vigor[x3], granting +8.1 HP regen/5

These pages seem to help me out during a match, but I'm wondering if perhaps I could be running other runes to make my life easier. Keep in mind that I have been using these rune pages for the better part of a year, and only recently wondered if I'm a bit out of date.

Thanks in advance,

PsychicToaster