Jungle Evelynn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chamenas

08-31-2012

So I came to you yesterday wondering about Jungle Riven. I have the hang of Riven's jungle combos down. I'll E into a pack, auto, W, auto, Q, auto, Q, auto, Q, auto.

Today, however, I'm wondering about Evelynn whom I just picked up.

I tried following This guide but it doesn't explain her ability usage very well except to say to put yourself behind your focus target and try to angle your hate spike. Problem is, sometimes I misclick and Eve autoattacks a minion, starting it before I can position behind. So, of course, I have to be better about that, but I can still get behind. But then I find my spikes tend to hit, at most, two minions in most jungle packs.

Evelynn's clears seem wonky and inefficient when I try them. I go in, hit E, let the buff go for 3 seconds, spam Q, and then hit E when it pops up again. However, with this, I still take a LOT of jungle damage which makes it difficult to gank since Evelynn is squishy at the beginning.

The build also seems a bit odd. I don't feel like I'm getting a lot of lifesteal from Wriggles. Trinity force makes sense, but the Wriggles doesn't.

There's a really wonky rune page, is it truly optimal, because I don't have a runepage open for it, and I can't really afford to buy another page in order to suit Evelynn.

So, really, I have a lot of questions. How do you combo and build Evelynn?

vortical42

08-31-2012

Yeah..... I used to run a very similar build for Jungle Eve. It looks great on paper but when you actually try to use it things fall apart. The trouble is, even with boots +5 pots and a good leash its really hard to clear the jungle with Eve and still have enough health left to gank. Worse still, Eve is an extremely binary jungler, almost like Nocturne used to be before the jungle rework. If she gets lucky and gets first blood and some early kills she snowballs into an unstoppable terror. On the other hand if anything goes wrong, if just one gank turns south or one camp gets stolen, then you fall hopelessly behind and feed the rest of the game.

If you are set on jungling with her, at least go AP hybrid instead of straight up AD. Get magic pen marks; your abilities all do magic damage. No need for MS quints, your 'W' gives you plenty of speed.
Items, I'm honestly not sure. If you are willing to focus on ganking rather than farming the jungle after the initial clear then you could probably skip madreds and try to rush a revolver to give you some spellvamp. After that, finish your boots and start working on the triforce.

FYI. In regards to her Q it doesn't matter how many targets the animation hits, it only does damage to the first 2 (and of those 2 the second only takes 50% damage).

Chamenas

08-31-2012

If I find she really can't jungle, then I won't jungle with her. I'm just trying to find some jungle champs that are female, cause I prefer female champs. I'm quirky like that (and, according to one poster, a creeper, hahaha).

TheSneaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

I think shes a great jungler at this very momement from all her nerfs and reworks, but if you want i can make a guide on how to do it, but the last time i jungled eve was 8 months ago ? =P and 1 time after the rework, and all i can say, is, shes not the best, and now counting that you can see her when you get close, she has no element of surpirse there for putting her ganking ability to a low and her jungle to a low

Chamenas

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSneaker View Post
I think shes a great jungler at this very momement from all her nerfs and reworks, but if you want i can make a guide on how to do it, but the last time i jungled eve was 8 months ago ? =P and 1 time after the rework, and all i can say, is, shes not the best, and now counting that you can see her when you get close, she has no element of surpirse there for putting her ganking ability to a low and her jungle to a low
She still has a good element of surprise in that normal wards can't see her and if you position correctly you can get in close before they see you. But she can't sneak up right on them, so it requires a whole different mindset for sure.

I'd love to see your thoughts and see if I can put them into practice. You'd probably want to get some games in on her first though.

Insípid

09-01-2012

Mobility boots, DFG, void staff, lich bane, deathcap. Void staff primarily for ult dmg. Thats how i build jungle eve. She has to have a triforce to do any sort of dmg AD.

ClamPaint

09-01-2012

When I jungle Eve:
1) Start armor 4 pots.
2) Wriggles or Madreds + Boots 1.
3)Wriggles if not finished then Hextech Revolver.
4)Start Triforce and finish Boots 2.
5)Finish Triforce.

If you haven't forced a surrender or killed the enemies nexus by this point...
6) Gunblade
7) GA, BV, LB, Ronduins etc... (situational)

That is how most games go.

Slanderdota

09-01-2012

What is GA ,BV , LB ?