Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Amumu is the King of 3v3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AndersMMO

12-19-2012

Quote:
BrofessorF:
just had a game as amumu where my xin gave them 2 kills then quit, we lost because it was a 2v3, but my teams final score was 33/17, mine was 19/5, team makeup was me and fizz vs teemo, slightly tanky urgot(dont know why he picked urgot in 3v3) and a zed building as a bruiser

I've won 2v3 with Olaf and Amumu.

BrofessorF

12-19-2012

Quote:
Ânders:
I've won 2v3 with Olaf and Amumu.

i only lost because i got careless and stepped on a teemo shroom trying to cap an altar before going b after an ace lol, had just respawned when they reached our nexus

Rav Abaddon

12-19-2012

Quote:
Jazba Junoon:
LoL you guys havnt met any off tank with life steal e.g WW or nasus.
They will prolong the fight to kill you.
Amumu only good in team fight.

Hate to break it to you, but Nasus sucks at Twisted Treeline because of all the lane dominant champions... can't farm up his Q, and his kit is subpar at best without it.

glittergirl1995

12-20-2012

Quote:
ScorchXBanister:
Hate to break it to you, but Nasus sucks at Twisted Treeline because of all the lane dominant champions... can't farm up his Q, and his kit is subpar at best without it.

nasus is ok because his single target slow makes a far bigger effect in 3v3 and he is a fairly good duelist with with tank build already mid game so his presence isnt that bda

Nerdsinc

12-20-2012

Amumu is really good in Threes... He gets countered by Double Aegis rushing early game though....

an N M E

12-20-2012

Brand and Mumu are stupid together, lol... throw in Darius for cleanup and you have yourself a gg.

SaveTheMaids

12-28-2012

After playing against an Amumu main (he went tanky AP) I agree that damage is ridiculous.

We were winning early, but they were able to comeback thanks to him.

I'm honestly not sure how to counter him once he gets some core items.
Focusing him is kind of tricky in mid-late teamfights, and his ult isn't one of the easiest ones to bait.

Only thing I can think of is grabbing QSS (and its upgrade) after a core damage item or two, then baiting his ult that way and killing him. Problem after that is his teammates. He does a lot of damage at once when he ults, so burning everything on him could leave his team to ace you, especially if they have strong AoE like a Mordekaiser and Wukong combo.

Quite the dilemma.

ParasiteQt

12-28-2012

thanks for telling us Amumus skills...

My Desired Name

12-29-2012

Amumu needs a slight nerf.. he is just way too strong right now.

grifbomber

12-29-2012

Rules for winning with Amumu:

1) No fights until you're level 6. He is insanely useless early game.

2) BFT + Sunfires = GG
After I get these 2 items is when I start getting more kills than my teammates nearly regardless of who they are. These 2 items combined with the AOE of your W and E is insane.

3) When you ult get at least 2 of them in the ult. Also learn when to ult. Ulting at the beginning of the fight is not always the best strategy.

4) If the enemy team is mostly AD get Frozen Heart after BFT and Sunfires. The CDR from the heart makes your ult around 77seconds which, during late game, is easy to make between team fights.

One last tip is to not always bandage wrap to start a fight. If you catch them out of position a lot of times you can walk right up to them with your W on just like any other melee character does. When they start to run then bandage them if you have already blown their ult.

I play Amumu a lot in 3s as much as I love winning with him, I will admit he is overpowered and either needs a nerf or BFT and Sunfires does.