Darius combo questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

08-31-2012

Hi guys, I have 4 questions about Darius' combos:

1. Does W reset autoattack timer?

2. Should I use E to initiate?

3. Should I use W before Q or Q before W?

4. What is his bread and butter combo sequence?

Armageddal

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post

I don't play Darius, but I can answer a few of those questions.

As far as I know, his W resets his attack timer. use E to initiate if you can't get to your target in another way. If you can avoid using it, it gives you an extra way to pull them back if they try to run. Generally his combo seems to be: E, auto attack, W, keep auto attacking until they run a bit, then Q for the increased damage off of the blade hit, by this point they should be low enough to ult (in the early game). If they fight back, you can use your Q more freely for the extra damage, since they won't be in the bonus range anyways.

Trillo

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post

1. yes

2. depends. Its a long cool down. With the move speed bonus from your passive + move speed quints, it seems better to initiate a 1v1 with auto attack's + Q. Use E to pull them back as they run.

3. Use W at max stacks for max cooldown, or after pulling them in with E, auto attk then W to stay on them.

4. zone/harass with Q. He doesn't really have a combo sequence, just use Q & auto to get stacks on them, then W to slow, pull em back in with E, ignite & finish.

Judas Priest

08-31-2012

Thank you!

killaeveryday

11-27-2012

i start when i play darius if they run i e then w then q works fine q does some quick damage then w slows

Captain Mcmuffun

11-27-2012

With Darius you don't use E to initiate, because his Q does more damage at further range. What I do is to Q at long range and the E to get them close, and W to deal more damage. After that you Auto-Attack and kill them with your Ult.

OmegaProject

11-28-2012

Darius Combo: Q -> E -> AA -> W -> AA until full blood stacks -> Ult to receive kill.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

You should actually NOT use E to initiate if you can help it. Most enemy top lanes are going to be Melee, and so they have to get really close to last hit, same as you.
You only use your grab vs enemies like Ryze,Kennen and ranged harassers which are fairly rare. You use your grab as a kill-securer after youve engaged and they are running like the cowards they are.

You will max out your Q first so you can use your axe at medium range to do maximum damage and use it as harassment. Its relatively cheap manawise and does solid damage.

They will get used to getting hit with your Q and used to being close to you. So when they move to lasthit, you Q them as usual, then simply right click them and walk up and attack. Soon as it lands, you immediately use W to reset your attack timer and get in your Slowing boosted instant autoattack.

They now have 3 stacks on them and they are slowed while you have 5% bonus movespeed. The 2 second slow is sufficient to get in 1 extra autoattack. Ideally two but likely 1. The CD on your W is 8 seconds, minus 2(or 3 not sure) for the 2/3 stacks of bleed on the enemy. This is important.

So they have 4 or 5 stacks on them. You can either:
a) Grab them now and get 1 extra autoattack to get 5 stacks then Finish with your Execute.

b) If 5 stacks (you got off 2 autoattacks when they were slowed), go ahead and execute! It acts as a GapCloser and it going on CD isn't a big deal when you are toplane.
You can then wait a few sec, Q them, re-grab them, re-W slow them.

c) Wait for your W to refresh, THEN grab and re-slow them.

The danger with (c) is that your bleed counters may expire before you can grab and re-hit them which would totally hoze you.

You will learn thru experience the best way to go. (a) is the fastest if you can get the kill. (b) is good for maximum damage, though it puts your ULT on CD. (c) is really only viable once you have some additional CDR from Defensive/Shroud/Brutalizer/whatever.