Inability to group 6 21.43%
Poor positioning 8 28.57%
Poor Farming 2 7.14%
Poor Itemization 3 10.71%
Inability to Pick a Good Team Comp 5 17.86%
Other 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Number one reason new players lose games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jack Harkness

08-31-2012

Please state your own opinions but I personally believe that the number one reason new players lose games is their inability to group up.

CapriciousXII

08-31-2012

assuming new players actually get matched up with new players and no smurfs Id imagine they would lose because of lack of knowledge of the game in general.

its pretty weird thinking about it but I feel like a loss wouldnt be attributed to any of those things when youre new to the game because anything can and will be successful without understanding how the game works.

Jack Harkness

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapriciousXII View Post
assuming new players actually get matched up with new players and no smurfs Id imagine they would lose because of lack of knowledge of the game in general.

its pretty weird thinking about it but I feel like a loss wouldnt be attributed to any of those things when youre new to the game because anything can and will be successful without understanding how the game works.
I've been playing with a lot of new players recently, and it's not because I want easy wins so I go smurfing. It's because the game got boring after I owned every single champion and I lost interest so I wanted to start over again.

Anyways, any of the things I stated can be considered lack of knowledge of the game. However, I feel often one team is smart enough to group up and the other team is not and because of this the team that does not group up automatically loses.

CapriciousXII

08-31-2012

i thought of all the reasons listed and it was hard because i couldnt imagine either team not having at least one person know what theyre doing.

that one person could snowball himself to the point where he can either push a lane really fast or be able to take on multiple people (yi)

i remember my first game against actual people I played sion, i was playing with other newbies but people who had at least had a few games under their belt. they put me mid, and i tried to smite a turret. still won.

next game i tried cho gath, i died 5 times in under 10 mins trying to get a kill without knowing the actual objective of the game was to kill the nexus. still won.

point im trying to make is with people completely clueless to whats going on you can lose for the dumbest reasons possible. you can try to apply high elo knowledge to it but there would be so many things wrong that id be hard to find a good starting point.

i can see why grouping is hard considering people are so eager to call their lane it would probably make newbies feel like they have to stay where they were told to go.

Etherimp

08-31-2012

Everything. There is no #1 reason. It's a trick question. They lose games because they're bad and don't understand the game mechanics, the meta, positioning, game flow or anything for that matter.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapriciousXII View Post
they put me mid, and i tried to smite a turret. still won.
I lol'ed. Possibly because I tried to do mumble same thing mumble mumble.

As for the poll, I'd say more than anything it's realizing that this game isn't COD. That the whole point of the game isn't to kill your opponent and that the minions aren't there just to look pretty. A lot of new players look at this game as a fantasy world death match rather than a strategic objective oriented game.

lastchancexi

08-31-2012

Overextending is probably reason #1 new players lose games. I feel like the hardest thing to do in this game is not to get tunnel vision.

Reason #2 is probably completely ignoring farming/last hitting.

Cx Strike

08-31-2012

I was remember one game, after i'd been jungling for a while, blind pick, i was shyvana and the enemy jungler was shyvana...I found her trying to steal my wriaths with only half health. I ult and chase her, she ults and runs into the bush on the other side of the river (I was purple side) and by then, she's almost dead, i have about 500 or so health. She's going to get away, so I stop chasing...

Then she pops back out of the bush and stands there...I run in and kill her. Her exact words "I thought i could smite you.". So yeah...

TheSneaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

There shouldn't even be a thread about this ? new players are new players, they just dont have the basic knowledge of the game, so stop QQing when you smurf and keep on dieing, or your teams feeding, i accually try to help any new members who post a thread on here, but me i never accually smurf, also i bet your one of those ragers

Lord Puppy Fury

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSneaker View Post
There shouldn't even be a thread about this ? new players are new players, they just dont have the basic knowledge of the game, so stop QQing when you smurf and keep on dieing, or your teams feeding, i accually try to help any new members who post a thread on here, but me i never accually smurf, also i bet your one of those ragers
This thread doesn't really have a nasty feel to it. In a way, any newbie who stumbles across it should be helped. There are a lot of common beginner mistakes listed here (the infamous Smite), so a new player should get some tips from it. Moreover, identifying the 1-3 super basic but super important things new players need to know helps more experienced players better know how to guide them.