masteries question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PorkWagon

09-17-2010

Hey guys. currently im playing a 9/0/21 build, Hyfes guide recommends others like " 0-17-13, 0-9-21, 0-21-9" I am going dodge yellows so I would like to try out a more tanky spec. But I am kinda confused what actually to get. Any recommendations? My team is often left without a tank and more survivability would be cool.

Urobolus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

If you want survivability, go 0/21/9. It's best for you.

Seeing the name 'Hyfe', I assume you're playing Nasus.

PorkWagon

09-17-2010

ya, sorry totally forgot to mention Nasus. Thanks man. You mind elaborating on what I should put points in specifically..?

Orharnah

09-18-2010

The mastery set up can depend a lot on champion as well as your personal build for that character.

Who you play and what role you play would help us suggest a build

Orharnah

09-18-2010

Are you focusing on Damage output or tanking?

foxypickles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2010

My masteries change each game, if you're playing a tank, go defensive, magic, go utility, melee dps/ranged carry/physical go offensive

Then just put the other 9 points in whichever your other summoner spell is in.

John41283

09-21-2010

Being that you have acknowledged using "dodge yellows" (seals), I would suggest taking the following defensive masteries by row:
0 1 0 3 || 0 4 || 0 1 3 || 4 1* || 3 0 || 1 ||

(note: the 1 with an asterisk * by it is cleanse- if you don't use cleanse, don't get that one and just put the point where you feel it is most prudent)

To elaborate a bit on the "row" system I am referring to, simply look at the top line of defensive masteries; there are 4 in which you can place points. Going from left to right (standard reading direction) the numbers I listed were 0 1 0 3 which is 0 points into the first mastery slot, 1 point into the second mastery slot, 0 points in the third slot and 3 in the last slot. The || indicates the beginning of the next rows' corresponding numbers.

As far as whether to use Offensive or Utility, I would suggest Utility as a starting tank, but after you've filled your rune page, you may want to try out offensive and see what works better (I would go Utility myself for team games, but as solo; offensive). Where you put the points is not TERRIBLY crucial, but it depends on how you play. For instance, I prefer Ghost to Flash, though I do see a lot playing the other way around - mostly preference, though each have their advantages.

On a final note to this, bear in mind that you may prefer to get Magic Resistance instead of straight Physical Armor due to the type of items you typically get in game. Also, here is a link to a thread explaining how armor/MR work- http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=3287

PRNmeds

09-21-2010

If you're switching it all up, and going dodge runes, try tossing some points into the defensive tree, there's a mastery that will increase your movement speed if you dodge an attack =D