Orianna Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K94

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

Hi my name is Chibii and I'm currently looking for tips on how to play Orianna. She is a mage that interest me because shes very active but I think I'm picking her in the wrong situations please help me understand this champion more by providing any information that you think is relevant to becoming a better Orianna player.

Examples of what I want
Team Comps
Match ups
Runes/Mastery pages
Combos
etc

Please elaborate on your answers I want to understand her.

M0rias

08-31-2012

Things to look for when picking Orianna:
Jungler doesn't need second blue buff
Team has an initiator who will be going into their team
Team has other reliable damage sources(if it's just you and the ad carry, it can be rough)

Orianna is strong, does good damage and is consistently useful throughout teamfights but her damage is very front loaded (huge damage initially) and you need your team to be able to follow up with their own damage. Having someone like Malphite, Nocturne, Jarven who can initiate into the enemy team is very good on her.
Having a team that can kite around is even better on her. The longer a fight lasts, the more ball repositions and shields she will get off. Ezreal and corki have great synergy with her as do agile bruisers such as Riven or Jax.

Orianna has pretty solid matchups but she can get bodied out of lane by strong laners with gap closers or gap closers on the enemy jungler (maokai, Talon, Nautilus, Leblanc). Also anyone who can quickly reposition is pretty good against he because all of her damage comes from skill shots.

Standard 21/0/9 caster masteries are what you'll want to go unless you know ahead of time that you've been counterpicked. In that case throw points into the defensive tree, maybe even 21 points. Your early game will be weaker but its better than being dead all game.

Runes the only requirement is to have pen on marks. Any mix of ap or mana regen is very good on her. I usually go with scaling ap blues and flat ap quints with mana regen on seals.

As far as skilling goes, start with q so that you can check bushes and defend against any sort of level 1 aggression. Putting your second point into your shield will allow you to basically win any level 2 trade so long as you don't eat a lot of damage from the creep wave. After that max q then w.

A good way to get your ult off is to shield your ally who is initiating/being initiated on and ult once they have 3 or more people around them. Using your w right after your ultimate will ensure that it hits all the targets you hit with your ultimate as well as slowing them once they recover. From there you can either zone out the enemy carries with your ball, or you can bounce your ball back and forth between shielding allied carries and such to slow enemy bruisers and whittle them down. Having rylais on Orianna is incredibly strong and encourages you to make fights last as long as possible since the slow is so huge for her being able to kite aside from the slow from w.

An example of a good team for orianna: Ezreal, Shen, Vladimir, Janna.

Hope this is what you were looking for!

K94

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Thank you : )

ZeroQuest96

09-01-2012

Thank you M0rias. Your information proves to be very helpful .