What do you think of this Champion?

I love it! It should be in the game! 2 50.00%
Meh, it's ok... could use work. 2 50.00%
Not a good idea. 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

(Champion Concept) Laylah, Blade of the Four Winds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caelthuzan

03-17-2013

Here's another champion concept that I recently came up with. This champion is intended to use energy as their resource pool. I figured we don't have enough female energy users, so why not come up with another one? In any case, I did not put any numbers to indicate how much damage these abilities do on their own, no statistics, short of rough guesses, or scaling for some of the abilities. The story was (more or less) thrown together, so I apologize if there seems to be something lacking in it. If any of the abilities are anything like ones you came up with and posted, I apologize. I swear I don't check the forums that often, otherwise I would give a shout-out for the inspiration.

Laylah, Blade of the Four Winds

Story (Read at your discretion)
Born into Akali's family, the youngest sister, Laylah, was always overshadowed by her elder sibling. Even though she was the weakest and was not permitted to train, she did not let that stop her. She would watch her sister and mother practice, and attempt the same moves when everyone slept. It was until Akali left for the Kinkou Order that Laylah attempted to impress her mother by showing what she learned. When her mother found out what she had been doing, she was anything but proud. Not because of her prowess, but because it clearly upset the balance of power. She had only intended Akali to train so that balance would be maintained. Her skills unrecognized, unpolished, and unsupervised after being disowned by her mother, Laylah ran away from home using what little she learned to survive.

Years passed, Laylah remained in hiding. She made a living, stealing for herself and sometimes others less fortunate than her. Along the way, she attempted to steal from a blacksmith, only to be caught. The blacksmith, however, was very kind to her and offered her to help him with his shop and a place to stay in return for not turning her over to the authorities. Given time, she had earned the blacksmith's trust and was even crafted a special blade just for her, called the 'Blade of the Wind'. Life had made a turn for the better for her, until she encountered Zed. Laylah was forced to defend herself when he attempted to mug her. Being no match for his skill, Laylah was easily defeated and at the mercy of this man. Zed, however, seeing her potential took her on as his pupil to help her learn the ways of the Shadow. Laylah was hesitant at first, but seeing the lust for power in this man's eyes, she did not refuse for fear he would cut her down on the spot. It did not take long for Laylah to become Zed's top student. Next to Zed, she was almost as formidable and dangerous, but memories of home and family began to creep up inside her once again. The memory of her caring sister offered little contempt, and when she heard that Zed planned to attack the Kinkou Temple, she did not wish to overthrow what she grew up knowing and the fear of encountering her sister in battle was overwhelming.

When Zed set out for the Kinkou Temple, Laylah quietly slipped away, not wanting any part of Zed's plans any longer. With the time away, she sought the help of the kind blacksmith and asked him to craft her a special blade, designed to split into four multiple parts on her command. The blacksmith took her old blade and crafted such a weapon. She honed her skills with her new weapon, the 'Blade of the Four Winds', using what she learned in her youth and from Zed to her new form. Zed eventually tracked Laylah down and questioned why she did not assist him in taking the temple. Laylah revealed to him that she has a sister in the order and did not want to fight her. Enraged by this information, Zed attacked her without further hesitation. She, now his equal, was able to defeat him. He fled the battle, but not without vowing revenge on lying to him of who she was. With this, Laylah went to find her sister, Akali, to beg for forgiveness.

"My mother spoke of balance... now I truely know it." - Laylah

Attack - High
Health - Medium-Low
Difficulty - Hard
Spells - Low

Passive - Multi-bladed Strike - When Laylah strikes an enemy with her auto attacks, she will strike them a second time at 1/4 her total Attack Damage. The ability will add stack-able on-hit effects (if able). Cannot double-strike the same target more than once every 5 sec.

Q - Focused Strikes - Cost 20-30 Energy. Laylah focuses for 2 seconds, slowing her movement speed by 50% while channeling, giving herself a slight damage increase to minions for 15 seconds upon completion. If Laylah strikes a champion while the buff is active, she will strike them with increased damage, consume her 'Focused State', and give the enemy one of any of these debuffs: a slowing debuff (ranging from reduced attack speed or movement speed... not both), a blind, a silence, or a stun (the active debuff time ranges from 2 - 4 sec. depending on what they're hit with, except with the stun which will last only 1 sec.). The debuff applied is randomized, and may repeat itself a couple times. Cool-down 6 sec. upon the buffs consumption, or until it disappears.

W - Blade Hunter - Cost 10 energy per blade, and 5 energy per blade recalled. Laylah tosses her 1 - 4 blades to mouse location (can be cast multiple times until all blades are used), causing minor area damage upon arrival, and revealing target area (area radius 67% less than a normal ward, and oracle's sight on the 5th rank for 5 sec. on cast). The blades will stay put for 30 sec. before returning to their master. The ability can be activated in one of two ways: First, Laylah can re-activate the ability once all blades are placed on the field to recall them to her, causing damage to enemy champions and minions as they return, also causing a stacking bleed for each blade that contacts enemy champions, lasting for 5 sec. This bleed does not stack more than 8 times. Second, if she strikes an enemy champion with Focused Strikes active, all active blades will skill-shot (if in range) toward the targeted champion for a set distance, causing additional damage to the primary target, applying the same bleed effect, and damaging any champion or minion in their path (reduced damage for non-primary targets, enemy champions will still suffer from the bleed). Each blade has a 30 sec. cool-down once placed. If Laylah is not within range of her blades, the blades will simply return to her without causing damage.

With each rank comes an additional blade (Rank 1 = 1 blade. Rank 2 = 2 blades etc.).

E - Dancing Edge - Cost 35 energy. Laylah commands all four of her blades at once to converge on one location, causing minor damage to any enemy caught in their movements. This applies the bleed effect to champions, and will not stack greater than 8 times. If no blades are on the field, they will simply shoot forward from Laylah. 20 sec. cool-down.

R - Blade of the Four Winds (Ultimate) - No Cost. Refunds 20 energy. Laylah launches herself toward an enemy champion. Upon contact, both champions are suppressed for 1.5 seconds and Laylah summons 4 additional spirit blades to strike the target enemy champion for increased damage (based on 100% of the enemy's bonus Attack Power) these blades alone will give the bleed effect. If Laylah has active and in-range blades, these blades will skill-shot toward the suppressed target and apply their bleed effects in the process. This bleed does not stack more than 8 times. 200 sec. cool-down. This ability has no base damage.

Taiconan

03-17-2013

Interesting. She almost strikes me as a melee-debuff champ.
It seems like she might be a good solo-top type (if not a bit squishy/susceptible to ganks)

Questions I have...
What role is she meant to be exactly? Carry? Bruiser? Assassin?
She looks like she could be carry...
But that ult likely makes her ridiculously effective at killing AD carries and such, (much like Veigar's ult for casters.)

Is she meant to be a sort of "niche" assassin type?

Caelthuzan

03-17-2013

The intention was Assassin type, yes.

Taiconan

03-18-2013

Looking at it again, I'm wondering if that bleed you're mentioning is her main damage mechanic.
You didn't post any stats, so I have no idea if you're intending her abilities to be her main source of damage.
Is she an AD caster? (like, say Renekton)
Because now that I'm looking at it again, that bleed -seems- to be a core part of her gameplay. If you're looking for suggestions, on your next champion concept (or cleaning this one up for resubmission) maybe mention her key mechanic. Seasoned players are often looking for that cool new mechanic. Thresh's lantern being a perfect example.

Caelthuzan

03-20-2013

Hmm... you do make a good point. I'll have to re-visit this idea (and maybe some of my other previous ideas) and see if I can come up with a new mechanic.