List the ways to block Warwick's ultimatre so he 2 second stuns himself

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fatwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
I'd like to point out that League of Legends is a *team* game, though. There is no FFA mode, there is no "1v1" mode. Also, in the case of Boost, if you want to say you do not see it often, I do not understand the relevance of that comment to the original topic: how boost *does* destroy Warwick, how spell shields *do* destroy Warwick, etc. I'd like to point out that if you boost out of warwick's ultimate, he is still stunned for the duration. Other ultimates and spells, if boosted out of, do not prevent the caster from continuing to do anything.
Actually, had a Boost specifically bug out Alpha Strike today, no damage and didn't port.

The reason I supplied my observations was to provide input with regards to my perception of it's frequency in the lower tier games. The OP filled the original post with sensationalistic phrasing, so I set out to provide an alternative point of view. I achieved that in spades, as it seems folks who've been in the high ELO games haven't experienced randomness lately.

And yes, League of Legends is a Team Game, with capital letters for emphasis. However, that does not mean you must automatically join as a team, create a stacked group with friends, or utilize runes/masteries/spells in only a specific fashion. People who play non-competitively will likely play however they wish to play.

One could make the argument that Boost destroys any ability with a stun, just as flash can destroy any ability with a MS increase. As someone who has played competitively in other games, I'd view it as a furthering of the meta game. It's hard to deny that Warwick's ultimate, at this stage, is rather 'point and click'. By allowing it to be countered, it would force people to be mindful of Boost cooldowns and what have you.

I should point out at this point that the original post was referencing the nullification of the ultimate. Personally, I have no sympathy for anyone playing competitively who won't play the meta games. Furthermore, not every melee champion has the aforementioned 'point and click' Ultimate. Master Yi is an example of a champion who has a counterable Ultimate.

That being said, with regards to the one line exclaiming the self-stun, that is why we're in beta, to bring those types of glitches to the surface. Boost countering the Ultimate, entirely debatable in my opinion, once they resolve the self-stun. It could be worse, you could be hidden from view for 5-20 seconds, unable to move, and pop out in a pack of enemy champions at a clutch moment.

Xrystus

07-30-2009

well of course, it blocked your spell, you shouldnt have done damage or teleported since your spell was blocked.

Fatwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrystus View Post
well of course, it blocked your spell, you shouldnt have done damage or teleported since your spell was blocked.
Port first, then damage. Why would a spell shield on an enemy prevent me from teleporting to them, it's an effect on me, not them.

Janna Windforce

07-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwa View Post
Port first, then damage. Why would a spell shield on an enemy prevent me from teleporting to them, it's an effect on me, not them.
The effect requires your ability to work. If your ability registers as blocked you don't teleport to them and the damage is sponged. Although with Warwick you leap on them and get stunned for 2 seconds.

Adonis

Emissary of the League

07-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faro View Post
The effect requires your ability to work. If your ability registers as blocked you don't teleport to them and the damage is sponged. Although with Warwick you leap on them and get stunned for 2 seconds.
The worst part is that even if they don't have a spellshield up, they can boost AFTER you ultimate them.. which makes it about impossible to outplay boost as Warwick since they can just sit there and wait forever until you ultimate them and then use it.\

Btw, I played a game last night as Warwick, and it matched me up vs BigMaclarge's baroncup team. ALL 5 of them had boost. There was no shortage of taunting from bigmac

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

07-31-2009

...every.

Single.

Opponent.

In my last game had boost.

I think I ulted about 8-11 times that game.

I don't think there was a single time I got more than 2 hits off before they boosted out.

Janna Windforce

07-31-2009

I pretty much ragequit when I see 5 boost and I picked Warwick. It would definitely help if the cooldowns weren't almost linked up. 120s cd on Boost, 90s cd on the Ult.

Pro-tip: if you see Edwy playing Morgana just unbind Duress.

ihatehumans

Adjudicator

07-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamine View Post
The major issue is not that it can be countered, its the fact that he still stuns himself when its countered. When ryze's ultimate is countered, he is not forced to stand there for 2 seconds doing nothing.

I don't mind if its counterable (it probably does need to be), the bigger issue is that warwicks ultimate is not a proper channel, so when it does get cancelled prematurely by whatever he still continues to stand there hitting nothing
This.

Zeta

07-31-2009

I don't think I've ever seen a Warwick kill something WITHOUT having to use his ultimate. He's kind of overly reliant on it, anyways.

FellowerOfOdin

08-01-2009

Boost actually is not that much of a good spell, I usually equip Teleport and either Blink or Revive.