List the ways to block Warwick's ultimatre so he 2 second stuns himself

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teran

07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
Most ults have very little risk inherent in using them - not getting a kill is not part of their risk.
Actually in the scenario I outlined, that is precisely what the risk is. My ultimate goes from being a kill shot to being a free flash in the opposite direction for the enemy champion.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwa View Post
Which is why I'm continually stating an observation, not fact. Given that I've experienced something different, and at a level of play both of you will likely occupy for an extremely short amount of time, it's something to consider when looking at the big picture, not merely a specific subsection of the game.

Now, since you're both such valued members of the community, has Riot declared their intentions to cater to only the competitive players? I could not locate an adequate answer in a short amount of time.
Before I post my reply, I'd suggest that if you want a constructive answer, you phrase constructive replies. Snide remarks and rude comments towards the people you are questioning is not a good way to get a response.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Riot has done an amazing job of opening up this genre to new players. Players are coming in, never having played DotA or any game like it, and are picking up the game.

Adonis has never played DotA before BTW. Just thought I'd mention that.

Fatwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
Before I post my reply, I'd suggest that if you want a constructive answer, you phrase constructive replies. Snide remarks and rude comments towards the people you are questioning is not a good way to get a response.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Riot has done an amazing job of opening up this genre to new players. Players are coming in, never having played DotA or any game like it, and are picking up the game.

Adonis has never played DotA before BTW. Just thought I'd mention that.
I'll take your opening bit as feedback that you're offended by my posts. I can't control what offends you, and I'm within the guidelines. As for constructive commentary, I supplied a constructive to Adonis, if that is unacceptable, it happened and nothing will change it. I don't know Adonis, don't care to know Adonis, and from the looks of it, I don't care for the specific type of gameplay Adonis is seeking.

As for my 'question', I play for fun, first and foremost. I don't stack teams, I solo queue frequently, and I don't put hours into every facet of the game. There are people who look to setup league play for LoL, have stacked teams, and spend hours practicing and refining techniques. I was clarifying if LoL was being catered solely to the league crowd, or striving to hit both. This came about primarily because of the suggestion that I was 'low level' because I don't run across a lot of people with Boost/Flash. As it happens, I did recently, and it was a group of forum posters playing as a team.

Funny how that happens, eh?

The long and the short of it is this, I stated an observation, someone replied with a misstep. I supplied constructive criticism to their reply, clearly outlining the situation.

Larias

Adjudicator

07-30-2009

My apologies, Fatwa, I may have misread your statement.

Adonis is seeking balanced gameplay. Boost is an exceptionally strong ability on a short cooldown - if you are not experiencing this, that is a player issue, not a game issue. This is not to say you are a bad player, or anyone you play with a bad player. However, as you stated yourself, you are not a big theorycrafter - that is, you don't spend hours on learning little things in the game that will give you an advantage. This is not a bad thing - we just simply enjoy different styles.

I can state, unequivocally, that Riot Games is going for both the competitive crowd and the casual crowd. They are doing tons of things to cater to both you and I. Remember, however, that for balance issues, the people who do "spend hours practicing and refining techniques" are going to be better and more accurate at describing balance issues. Your feedback is not bad, it simply isn't as informed. Do you understand what I am trying to say?

There are higher level players who ARE looking out for you though. We are noticing major game imbalances in at the 1400 level ranges, we ARE posting them, and we ARE talking to Riot about them. Having the game balanced for only 1800 level players is NOT Riot's focus - if something is "stupid", for lack of a better term, at the 1400 level range, then that is a problem and they will work to correct it.

Janna Windforce

07-30-2009

Quote:
- if something is "stupid", for lack of a better term, at the 1400 level range, then that is a problem and they will work to correct it.
So no more AP cardmaster or faceroll ryze? I will miss them .

On Topic: would anybody else be satisfied if Warwick had an ability to leap to an opponent that wasn't his ultimate? Right now his only gap closer is a 90s cooldown, which kind of makes me sad face when you realize that ashe can kite you for.ev.er. Until your ult comes off cd .

Fatwa

07-30-2009

Quote:
My apologies, Fatwa, I may have misread your statement.

Adonis is seeking balanced gameplay. Boost is an exceptionally strong ability on a short cooldown - if you are not experiencing this, that is a player issue, not a game issue. This is not to say you are a bad player, or anyone you play with a bad player. However, as you stated yourself, you are not a big theorycrafter - that is, you don't spend hours on learning little things in the game that will give you an advantage. This is not a bad thing - we just simply enjoy different styles.

I can state, unequivocally, that Riot Games is going for both the competitive crowd and the casual crowd. They are doing tons of things to cater to both you and I. Remember, however, that for balance issues, the people who do "spend hours practicing and refining techniques" are going to be better and more accurate at describing balance issues. Your feedback is not bad, it simply isn't as informed. Do you understand what I am trying to say?

There are higher level players who ARE looking out for you though. We are noticing major game imbalances in at the 1400 level ranges, we ARE posting them, and we ARE talking to Riot about them. Having the game balanced for only 1800 level players is NOT Riot's focus - if something is "stupid", for lack of a better term, at the 1400 level range, then that is a problem and they will work to correct it.

I never attempted to state a fact, only an observation, one that you would most likely be unable to make if matchmaking is still active. Lower tier gameplay, aka non-competitive, aka tiers you won't be in if you're a competitive player, in my own experiences, has not had the same abundance of Boost that others are experiencing. That is not to say that it never happens, merely that of the 30 some odd games I've played, only one stands out as having a large number of Boost/Flash users, and that was today against a stacked team.

Such matters are not 'player' or 'game' issues, but 'playstyle' issues, which is where the clarification on Riot's focus comes into play. Soliciting feedback from only league/competitive players, usually results in changes predominately favoring league/competitive play over casual.

Now, it is important to recognize that blanket statements such as 'Boost/Flash' is used, if you don't see it you're too low and inexperienced, and 'Boost/Flash' isn't used at all, are not helpful. However, providing observations such as 'From my experience, at the competitive levels Boost/Flash is a commonly used setup.', and 'From my experience, 'Boost/Flash' is not commonly used at random pub/casual levels' provides two clear -suggestions- of what people may encounter during various types of gameplay.

When it comes to being informed or not, as someone who spends more time at low tier/casuals than high tier/competitive, I'd venture to say that I am in a better position to make an observation, whereas with regards to competitive gameplay, which I don't do, I am not as informed. This isn't about what a skill does, or the mechanics involved. This particular string of comments is about the frequency of use.

I'm glad that we can agree the stickiest situation usually occurs when things get 'balanced' for competitive use and it unbalances casual play. The common excuses for such things in other betas/retails is that you can balance for competitive because everything else is 'just a pub', implying that its hap-hazardous and prone to disaster regardless.

Again, this isn't about the mechanics involved with the ability, but the frequency of use.

Finally, to clarify, I play casually but I devour information. I would not be browsing various sections if I were not interested in researching. Time spent researching can involve any sort of downtime in the work environment where other things have long since become boring. The essence of a theorycrafter is familiarizing yourself with the mechanics of a specific game function and hypothesizing various uses. Hours and hours of practice come in the form of proving the theorycraft, and establishing the routine. This is from my own experience in a multitude of other competitive gaming environments.

Adonis

Emissary of the League

07-30-2009

let's end this.

Larias

Adjudicator

07-30-2009

I'd like to point out that League of Legends is a *team* game, though. There is no FFA mode, there is no "1v1" mode. Also, in the case of Boost, if you want to say you do not see it often, I do not understand the relevance of that comment to the original topic: how boost *does* destroy Warwick, how spell shields *do* destroy Warwick, etc. I'd like to point out that if you boost out of warwick's ultimate, he is still stunned for the duration. Other ultimates and spells, if boosted out of, do not prevent the caster from continuing to do anything.

Adonis

Emissary of the League

07-30-2009

Quote:
I'd like to point out that League of Legends is a *team* game, though. There is no FFA mode, there is no "1v1" mode.
I can't wait until the 2v2 map comes out

BACK TO TOPIC!!!

things that screw up warwick's ult! DEVS: are you going to fix them??

SilverSoultaker

Emissary of the League

07-30-2009

Adonis, you forgot a [ in your [/quote] command.

Hopefully warwick's ultimate will be fixed, cuse its current useless.