Cardmaster's Gate Team Distinguisher

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rev

Adjudicator

07-31-2009

Can we get some kind of distinguishing feature for Cardmaster's Gate animation that signifies which team Cardmaster is on?

I've played a few games where both teams had a Cardmaster, and the Cardmaster on my team wasn't in vent.

I'd REALLY like to be able to tell, at a glance, if the circular flourish of gold cards on the ground in the lane behind me is the enemy coming to gank me or my teammate coming to back me up.

Is there some way to add a little bit of red or blue to the graphic to signify team affiliation?

I like the way the fancy gold patterned cards look, so I'm not asking for them to be solid red or blue or anything drastic like that, but maybe the lines/areas running between the gold designs could be tinged the team's color?

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

07-31-2009

The problem is, this isn't specific to Cardmaster. Every champion should have its spells be distinguishable from its enemy counterpart. For instance...

Should I walk through that trap that the Black Mage laid down? Wait...did our mage lay that down or the other team? Ugh!!!!

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

07-31-2009

Most spells do have a way to distinguish. Team spells have green effects, while enemy spells have red effects. Gate does not, though. They could surely add some green/red to the spinning cards.

Janna Windforce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2009

Needs to be done for twisted fate's gate, chronokeeper's time bomb, lich's gateway of gayness. Can't really think of others .

Friend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

07-31-2009

Agreed, this really needs to be standardized. I tend to scream like a woman whenever I see a CM gating in, even if the only CM in the game is on my team. :x

Zeta

07-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
The problem is, this isn't specific to Cardmaster. Every champion should have its spells be distinguishable from its enemy counterpart. For instance...

Should I walk through that trap that the Black Mage laid down? Wait...did our mage lay that down or the other team? Ugh!!!!
Agreed. It is really, really annoying and the only reason I don't want duplicate characters.

Ron Fendo

07-31-2009

Once draft mode comes out supposedly duplicate heroes arn't allowed it will be ok. This is what I'v heard atleast.

nDqA9g8fm1q3cHRT

Adjudicator

08-01-2009

Not allowing duplicates in the final would be lame. You have to earn your heroes in the full version, and if 1 out of 10 other people are using your hero then that would suck. You start with 6 heroes, so if you are with other level 1s, you will have to use all of those heroes unless it is 6 random heroes.

Anyway, I have to agree with team markings. Veigar's pit of wtf and gate are skills which really piss me off. Generally i stay away from then altogether.

Ezupio

08-01-2009

Huuuh, I was thinking about opening a topic about this...
This is absolutely needed, I dunno if I have to flee or stay when this happens.
More differences between same heroes is definitely needed anyway.

Stumpster

Adjudicator

08-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherflame View Post
Once draft mode comes out supposedly duplicate heroes arn't allowed it will be ok. This is what I'v heard atleast.
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas
For reference, here is the draft mode we will have at launch. I expect that you guys will run custom drafts with your own rules, but here's what I see as the most versatile, fun, straightforward draft mode. Which isn't to say other modes aren't also fun ;p

1) No bans
2) No exclusion picks (i.e. if I get annie, my opponents can too)
3) 1-2-2-2-2-1