is Triforce a decent choice as a late game buy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pestilence777

08-30-2012

it seems like most people recommend going for triforce early, but to me, its so expensive, i prefer to save it as one of the last items I get, allowing me to have more inexpensive but still good items (like wits end, aegis etc) fast

so the question: if im going to bother going for triforce on a character, is it ok to buy late in the game, or should it almost always be an asap item?

edit: trinity force... not triforce lol

BlackPhoenixSong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

its pretty good as a lategame item for characters such as udyr and irelia who rely on hp and tankiness early on with the wits end and randuins, etc.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

Trinity force shines the most during mid game, even though it doesn't fall off rapidly late game

Most of the time you are better off building some other items as your last item
(Example: If you have built enough damage and resist, warmog works, if you have more than enough HP and damage, then you might want GA for resist.

acosn

08-30-2012

The earlier you get TF the better it is because it's strength plateaus as soon as you hit level 18.