Another Eve question for a better jungle!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NVDax

08-30-2012

Out of curiosity, are movement speed quints really worth it on her? I see people say they actually do help her secure the kill on people, I don't know... I hate using my quints for utility, but if it improves my ganking I'll get them in a heart-beat. So, yay or nay?

acosn

08-30-2012

I use them. Riot recommends them.

The bigger question is what you think you'd use over them. MS qunits are probably the most aggressively oriented runes you can have in the game for a melee assassin in the jungle, to say nothing of one who has relatively weak ganks early game. The only reason I wouldn't take them is because you don't intend to make a lot of ganks happen before 6- unless people are just begging for it to happen- because then a much more solid stat like HP or more AD becomes far more useful.

But that in itself begs the question of why you didn't pick a farm oriented jungle like WW.

vortical42

08-31-2012

I'm not really sure how much advantage MS quints really give her. The only reason to get MS runes is to be able to chase down enemies during early level ganks. Prior to the last patch I could mabey see an argument for using them, but now her W should let you catch just about anyone. If you still want that MS bonus then use the quickness mastery in the utility tree instead. You need to put 8 points into that tree anyway to get the rune duration mastery and Eve isn't dependent on the mana regen masteries the way most AP junglers are.

As for the question of what to replace them with, I can think of several possibilities. #1 on my list would be using Spellvamp, lifesteal, or flat health quints to improve her survivability. If you want to play more aggressively and starting ganking at level 2 or 3 then pick up flat AD or AP quints for the early damage boost.

Gadianton

08-31-2012

The MS quints are for more than just chasing. They're useful when you're trying to roam, get into position, or simply clear your jungle. If you hit your W when you're trying to run around the map, it blows your stealth, thus making you susceptible to ward detection.

If you're looking to boost via masteries, go down the defense tree instead (since you need it anyway for jungling). I'm not a fan of the survival tree for Eve and I'd either go 21/9/0 or 9/21/0; usually the latter for me.