So how is Evelynn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lonewanderer118

08-30-2012

I've been thinking about buying her since her rework, but I have not heard good things about her. She just got buffed, so I'm wondering if she is better than before. Anyone got any experience with her?

larkhill

08-30-2012

she's a squishy assassin with a stealth mechanic that doesnt quite work as well as u would hope and no real way to gap close at all.

rengar does her job much better. he has more burst with his Q combo, a better stealth (especially late game when the cd is short), and more importantly, can gap-close well

Luninareph

08-30-2012

Respectfully, I must disagree. Eve is a powerhouse ganker in Dom. She has great versatility in that she can build AP or AD and still output a tremendous amount of damage, and her squishiness is deceptive, as she can pop her ult for a considerable shield. She has great AOE damage and excels at small team fights, which is mostly what Dominion is. I build her AP with DFG and let me tell you, the percentages at which people's health drops between DFG and her ult is just sickening. Now that the CD on her ult is going down, she's only going to be even nastier than before.

People dislike her because they expect stealth to let them walk up to the enemy and get a free shot in. Evelynn's stealth doesn't do that. What it does do is keep her hidden on the mini-map. The enemy team never knows whether you're heading toward their undefended mid, lying in wait for them on their way to top, or hiding on bot for a surprise gank. If they're not expecting this, you gank them and they die. If they are expecting this, they have to play cautiously all across the map while your team crushes them from all sides. Eve isn't penalized by Lightbringer and Hextech Sweeper the way Akali or Twitch are, either. Once she's in range for those items to work, she's unstealthed anyway.

TL;DR: Eve takes a bit of finesse and long-term thinking, but she's very rewarding both in fun and in damage. I love her

lonewanderer118

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luninareph View Post
Respectfully, I must disagree. Eve is a powerhouse ganker in Dom. She has great versatility in that she can build AP or AD and still output a tremendous amount of damage, and her squishiness is deceptive, as she can pop her ult for a considerable shield. She has great AOE damage and excels at small team fights, which is mostly what Dominion is. I build her AP with DFG and let me tell you, the percentages at which people's health drops between DFG and her ult is just sickening. Now that the CD on her ult is going down, she's only going to be even nastier than before.

People dislike her because they expect stealth to let them walk up to the enemy and get a free shot in. Evelynn's stealth doesn't do that. What it does do is keep her hidden on the mini-map. The enemy team never knows whether you're heading toward their undefended mid, lying in wait for them on their way to top, or hiding on bot for a surprise gank. If they're not expecting this, you gank them and they die. If they are expecting this, they have to play cautiously all across the map while your team crushes them from all sides. Eve isn't penalized by Lightbringer and Hextech Sweeper the way Akali or Twitch are, either. Once she's in range for those items to work, she's unstealthed anyway.

TL;DR: Eve takes a bit of finesse and long-term thinking, but she's very rewarding both in fun and in damage. I love her
Sounds fun an effective. What is your AP build, and have you ever used AD or hybrid Eve?

Luninareph

08-30-2012

I start with Ruby Crystal, Amplifying Tome, and Boots. Immediately upgrade to Haunting Guise after the Windmill fight, then boots into Ionian Boots, though I might start going Mobility once her CDs go down. Kage's next, then Sheen, which does crazy things for her damage with Hate Spike. Kage's into DFG, then Void Staff, then Sheen into Lich Bane. Sometimes I upgrade Sheen earlier if there's a lot of AP on the other side, but that's rare in Dom.

Last space either goes to Sweeper for health, Thornmail for armor, or WotA if I don't need either. Sometimes I build Kitae's in the midgame if the enemies are super-tanky, since Eve has a great AS boost with Ravage and I've always got Void Staff. Skill order is R>Q>E>W, but I try to get two points in W early to help with chasing.

I have done AD and hybrid both, though AP is the build I know best. AD I rush Trinity and Youmuu's, then build semi-tanky with stuff like Maw of Malmortius and Sanguine Blade. Hybrid Eve has more fun with Guinsoo's than should be legal, though I'm never sure whether I want Trinity or LB more with her. For both of them, though, I go R>E>Q>W instead. I like AP for better AOE control and chasing potential, but AD I think is better at killing quickly and efficiently.

Redeemed In Fire

08-30-2012

A bit slow to spin up, but very strong. IMO hybrid eve is the best since it gets you acceptable burst, good sustain, and lots of tankiness. I build prosp blade > mercs > trinity + vamp + glacial (almost always, will swap for some other item if i really need mres) > cutlass > gunblade > situational (wits end, upgrade to fh, sanguine maybe, etc). Guinsoo's has potential too as a more focused offensive item since it's incredibly cost-efficient when stacked and Eve is one of the fastest Rageblade stackers in the game (fiora level AS increase + Q). My friend has good results in swapping it with Trinity on Jax so I might try Rageblade then invest a bit more into defense.

Max REWQ because you get only 20 more damage/level on Q, while the increase in flat MS from W is scary good (level 1 = barely noticeable, level 5 = ~450 MS before active or percentage movespeed increases). Why? Flat MS increases are always applied in full and ignore soft caps. And since flat MS stacks multiplicatively with percentage, it also lessens the soft cap's cut into percentage bonuses slightly.

lbgsloan

08-30-2012

Riot actually seems to be putting some work in the last few patches to make Eve a competitive pick again after screwing her for a year. IMO Eve's one of the few champions that has enough build variety that you can't really tell what damage type she's focusing on until you see her first major item. I've seen Trinity AD, hybrid, and pure AP all work out. She's a deceptive pick because you have no idea on the loading screen what she's going to be doing. Unlike Shaco and Twitch, I don't mind seeing Eve on my team anymore.

MyDeadGrandma

08-31-2012

They increased the uptime on her I win button ulti. Uptime on I win button ultis is generally a good thing.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luninareph View Post

in all fairness she's only hidden off the map in the lanes , in the jungle area everyone is hidden to begin with and eve is spotted far to easily to be of any big advantage inside sad black circle area.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

08-31-2012

Does the center of the map reveal Eve? If so, is she revealed even when there are no storm relics there?