Beginning Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Requirementz

08-30-2012

Hi, I've been playing League for about 3 weeks now and just hit level 16. I have seen a lot of people effectively jungle and do really well and I want to try it. Is there any champion you guys recommend to begin jungling with? I am willing to spend some IP points or use a champion I already have.

The current champions I have are: Diana, Xin Zhao, Nunu, Master Yi, Cho'Gath, Alistar, Tristana, and Miss Fortune. I am willing to try any of them, except for Alistar, who I don't really like.

Thanks,
-Requirementz

TheSneaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

Go to my thread for quality jungle guides
Watch the videos, or request one for any champions you like i already have a guide for diana

subscribe for more videos, almost all the videos will be about jungling

Lord Puppy Fury

08-30-2012

Nunu's a really easy beginner jungler. Diana and Cho are also common in the jungle. Xin and Yi are both very situational. They do high damage, but if they fall behind they're in trouble. Especially for Yi, he needs a team with some CC around him. You've got a couple of options to begin learning to jungle, so you don't have to invest in another champ unless you want to.

If you want a read, this guide breaks down every jungler out there: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...4118#chapter46

Requirementz

08-30-2012

@TheSneaker
Already went to your thread and watched your jungle Diana guide, it seems good and I will try that strategy with her in the jungle.

I'm not really to worried about how to jungle, but just more as WHO to jungle with.

Jesot

08-30-2012

Warwick is really the only one that can do it at lower levels. Start with him.

TheSneaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

Try out diana, she will rape people at your level, buy lee sin his my favorite AD jungler

Aikimiller

08-30-2012

Ok, something to be aware of

lvl 30 runes and masteries are EXTREMELY important for jungling. More so for some champs than others. People like Xin Zhao cannot be jungled effectively without specific, optimized runes and masteries. (although, pro tip- Xin Zhao is insanely OP if you get good with him in the jungle).

Champs like Warwick and Nunu, on the other hand, are a bit more forgiving. I would reccomend avoiding Warwick- learning to jungle on him teaches a LOT of bad habits- like not ganking until lvl 6. Nunu can do it, although it's a bit rough until you get the proper runes and masteries.

At lvl 16, the best advice I can give is hit lvl 20 before trying to jungle though. Get a set of tier 3 armor yellow runes then, and you'll be alright. Jungling at lower levels is difficult, but if you're up for a challenge, grab Nunu and have fun.

Rawring Donut

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSneaker View Post
Go to my thread for quality jungle guides
Watch the videos, or request one for any champions you like i already have a guide for diana

subscribe for more videos, almost all the videos will be about jungling
Don't listen to this guy.
His guides are eh...

Go to Solomid.net or Mobafire.com or Lolpro.com

All these websites have guides from either Pros or every good league players.

Also i recommend you go to Lolpro.com and read all the game play guides. They will give you a better basic understanding of the game and help you improve your game play.

M3GaL0d0n

08-30-2012

You heard mostly what you need to, I'll drop a few pointers as well.

Cho'Gath, while a fairly shabby ganker, is one of a few champs who can jungle without any runes at all. Nunu is another champion who can jungle without runes. Warwick, while a very strong champion, is actually both difficult and not very fun to jungle with (He's very slow in jungle without runes, and a VERY poor ganker)

If you can coordinate with an ally to stun an enemy in lane, Cho'Gath can make up for his poor ganking and is one of the best junglers around if you have no runes.

On a side-note, get to level 20, then come back with a new thread and we'll have a lot more we can explain to you about jungling with runes. GLHF, and be sure to ask any other questions you might have.

Jesot

08-30-2012

I don't know about avoiding Warwick. Half the battle of learning to jungle early on is learning the timers and the routes. As long as you know that ganking at level 6 isn't normal, you'll be OK. Also, WW is a very good champion in top lane once you get to level 30.

I'd pick up WW and Nunu. Use Nunu when your team lacks tankiness and WW when they lack damage output. Both are cheap and scale well to higher levels of play.