AD Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uncle Jellyfish

08-30-2012

Okay, so my build wasn't full AD, but it's hard to pass up Gunblade. Her ulti has a 3.0 bonus AD ratio, which makes it do enormous damage early and mid-game because larger amounts of AD are easier to acquire early on. Also, she's not entirely useless in a fight after she blows her cooldowns, since 300+ AD hurts.

Anyone else try this out? I max W first, then Q and E, with R when I can. The speed boost is great for escaping and chasing, and chasing is more beneficial now that your auto attacks hurt.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Disregard the win/loss score. They were reset and all that. Also, Rengar.

Nykidemus

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jellyfish View Post
O because larger amounts of AD are easier to acquire early on.
I've never noticed that being the case. O_o

Uncle Jellyfish

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykidemus View Post
I've never noticed that being the case. O_o
Let me clarify what I mean. B.F. Sword gives 45 AD, Needlessly Large Rod gives 80 AP. Kat's W has a 0.5 bonus AD ratio and 0.25 AP ratio. The Sword will give about +23 damage, while the Rod will only give +20 damage. Likewise, her ultimate has a 3.0 bonus AD ratio and a 1.75 AP ratio. That same Sword will give +150 damage to her ultimate, while the Rod will give 140.

Now, the numbers are surprisingly close, with AD giving her slightly more damage on those skills. The big difference here, though, is that while her Q and E will not scale with anything except the Gunblade, her auto attacks will out-damage them both later in the game.

With the build I have in the picture (I'm using flat AP runes with magic pen reds, giving me about 21 AP at level 1), I had about 330-340 AD and about 100 AP. With an attack speed at level 18 of 0.962, that's nearly one auto attack every second. With 24% CDR from masteries and Ghostblade, her Q has a cooldown of 6.08 seconds, and her E has a cooldown of 4.56 seconds. So, I can attack six times for every Q, and four to five times for ever E (if I want to get that extra attack and save the skill).

I haven't computed a more optimized AP build, though, so I could be wrong, but I honestly enjoy playing her this way a lot more. Just think of her as a Talon that deals magic damage with her skills instead of physical. Building to counter one type of her damage leaves you vulnerable to the other, and if you counter both, you lose out on damage.

Only Bruisers

Recruiter

08-31-2012

i'm not a fan of AD kat, if it works for you that's great but the way i see it, outside of sword of the occult the most bonus AD your going to be able to get in items is 600 and that's if you don't buy boots, her total ap scaling iirc is slightly higher then her bonus ad scaling, and ap is easier to obtain and cheaper overall.

so you would need to have a generic tanky dps build for it to work on ad kat, which it could but it brings back the dependence on your ult the riot wanted to throw away in the rework, you'd still have your W but the scaling on it is meh at best

Th3 Herbalist

09-01-2012

Merc treads,bloodthirster, gunblade, gunblade, deathcap, rylais.

hue.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

not as good anymore