Jungler Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NGG Codeluke

08-30-2012

My main role on my team is to Jungle. I have recently decided to revamp my Rune Page to compensate for the change. As of now, my plan is to go with:

9 Attack Speed Marks
9 Flat Armor Seals
9 CDR Glyphs
3 Movement Speed/Flat AD Quints

My main jungler is Shaco.

But I can also jungle with Udyr, Volibear, Jax, Warwick and Nocturne.

Is this the correct rune page based on the champions I use? Or should I go with a different rune page?

Thanks for the help!

NGG Codeluke

08-30-2012

Bump

Count Nashor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

IMO I think it's better to have different rune pages set up for different Champions because all of them
doesn't have the same abilities and play style. I use to jungle with ATK Speed Runes but I rarely use
them for any of my Junglers now but that doesn't mean that it's not also bad to have them. I use Flat
Armor Runes for all of my Junglers so that part is fine. I only use Movement Speed Runes for
Champions such as Hecarim, Shyvanna or Skarner but that depends on your play style.

Your set up now is not bad but for you to be able to experience the maxed potential of your decided
Jungler, each and one of them has to have their own individual Rune Page. Like I said not every
Jungler has the same capabilities and play style.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-30-2012

MR/Level glyphs probably aren't the worst idea either. Again, not with every single champion, but it's probably good to have them in your bag.

M3GaL0d0n

08-30-2012

I'll toss in some pointers, I'm a jungler main aswell, but I jungle tanks and bruiser almost exclusively...

The Champs I have a viable runepage ready for any given game are...

-Shyvana
-Skarner
-Nocturne
-Amumu
-Hecarim
-Warwick
-Malphite
-Jax
-Jarvan IV

This list is fairly similar to yours, so my runes will also work for you reasonably well...

If a champion scales well with AS, like Shyvana (Dragonborn) or Nocturne (Umbra Blades), I will run AS reds, Armor yellows, MR Blues, and MS quints (I run Flat MR, the only time I take Scaling MR is if the champion in question dosen't have innate scaling MR, some do, some don't).

These champions in you list would be Volibear (Frenzy), and Udyr (Tiger Stance/Phoenix Stance).

If a champion scales well with AD or AS, I will always take Flat AD over AS, these are any DPS based champions who have abilities that scale well with AD (By either having good AD ratios, or innate AS of somekind)... Jarvan IV (Demacian Standard), Malphite (Brutal Strikes), Skarner (Crystalline Exoskeleton/Crystal Slash) or Jax (Relentless Assault/Empower).

You honestly don't have many champions that warrant AD runes (Aside from Jax), stay away from them for most of your junglers.

As for Blues, Flat CDR is generally useless, it dosen't scale well into lategame (on your junglers), and dosen't help much early either (You should have your first blue-buff, giving you 20% CDR early on). MR blues are much better in most cases, they help you survive ganks against AP carries and scale a little better into lategame. Like I said, if a champion dosen't have their own MR per level, go ahead and take those runes over Flat MR.

On to Quints, Movespeed is a junglers best friend, early game, junglers are by FAR the most mobile player in the game, ganks take a long time to get to, and in short time they last, its very important you get whatever CC or damage you have onto the enemy laner for your team. Sometimes junglers like Sejuani or Nautilus need extra armor to survive in the jungle (No innate healing), so they can take specialized runes (They also have strong innate mobility). Another note is AP carries in the jungle, while there are only a few, these champions can get away with taking AP quints (As well as AP blues).

On a side note, your jungler Warwick, MUST have AS quints in order to jungle very fast at all, he's been fairly heavily nerfed, and is now arguably one of the slowest junglers period. That and AS reds will recover his abysmal jungle clear time.

Hope that helps, you can go ahead and ask about anything else you need or anything I may have forgotten to add to my post (I'm pretty stupid, I probably missed something), GLHF!

Rawring Donut

08-30-2012

Quick suggestion is to get good with an Ap jungler.
The reason is because if the other team recognizes that your teams only ap damage is coming from your mid they can just build a lot into armor and focus the ap mid in every fight.
An AP jungler like maokia, nunu, and amumu a decent amount of ap damage and still can build tanky.

Personally the only thing I see that could change with your rune build is get mr per level glyphs to be a bit tankier.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-30-2012

I'd certainly suggest Nunu if you're looking for an AP jungler. Heck, anyone who is a jungler and doesn't have Nunu should unlock Nunu asap. He's 260RP/450IP (so cheapest possible tier), yet he's one of the all time best junglers out there. There's no excuse not to have Nunu.

NGG Codeluke

08-30-2012

Thanks for the insight guys, I appreciate it