Non-existent champion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotFpMcgee

Associate QA Strategist

Follow RiotFpMcgee on Twitter

09-11-2012
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Has this happened to anyone with any sort of pattern? The same champion repeatedly? Or was this a one-of bug that you haven't experienced since?

xSlaughtermeloNx

09-11-2012

This has happened to me about 5-6 times in the past week and a half. I played Rengar most of those games.

I did notice a connection though - I kept forgetting to update my LOL Recorder app and either ended up crashing in the load screen, coming back in, and then missing a enemy or friendly champ from the scoreboard (and my vision), or I loaded up alright, but did not see one random friendly or enemy champion.

Ever since I have updated my LOL recorder, this has not happened to me. Talk about feeling stupid! lol

HySh777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

Since the last patch, this happened to me consistently. I tried to reconnect to no avail, with the exact same symptoms mentioned. I didn't realize how bad it was until one game I couldn't see FOUR of my opponents. I resolved to not play any more match-made games until I contacted player support. They gave me a whole list of stuff to do, starting with updating my video card drivers.

Honestly, I didn't think it would work for me, considering I updated my drivers less than 2 months prior.

But while some aspects of the client are still wonky, it's actually in a very playable state right now for me.

Hope this helps!

(I had 3 leaves because of this, trust me, I know it sucks.)

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-11-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HySh777 View Post
Since the last patch, this happened to me consistently. I tried to reconnect to no avail, with the exact same symptoms mentioned. I didn't realize how bad it was until one game I couldn't see FOUR of my opponents. I resolved to not play any more match-made games until I contacted player support. They gave me a whole list of stuff to do, starting with updating my video card drivers.

Honestly, I didn't think it would work for me, considering I updated my drivers less than 2 months prior.

But while some aspects of the client are still wonky, it's actually in a very playable state right now for me.

Hope this helps!

(I had 3 leaves because of this, trust me, I know it sucks.)
Are you using LOL recorder?

HySh777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
I am, as a matter of fact. It did not occur to me to update it, although I did when I saw the previous post. I have not tried to go in-game yet to check and see if there are any differences, but I will in a moment.

EDIT: I got into a custom, and did not notice any significant changes. Updating my drivers did it for me, but I've had issues with LOL Recorder before.

Yaddar

09-11-2012

happened to me with an ally master yi

it was really strage no one disconnected but suddenly I realzied I was not seeing our Master Yi.. he was not dead and I went looking for around the map and even asked in chat.

after like, a minute or two I finally saw him besides our Shen on mid lane.

the strangest thing ever. and there was also a Shen.

Zeal Orion

09-11-2012

I've had this happen recently too. In one game, the only enemy player that i could visibly see was their Katarina. When I checked the tab menu, it showed her as the only player on their team. I had the same bug happen a few days later. In both instances, I had a lot of trouble rejoining the games because I couldn't leave the champion loading screen.

aladdin22

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotFpMcgee View Post
Has this happened to anyone with any sort of pattern? The same champion repeatedly? Or was this a one-of bug that you haven't experienced since?
I've experienced it 3 times, one game after another, on the Proving Grounds. 3 different champions.

I tried playing today after I shut down my computer and I did not run into this bug.

FelixNz

09-11-2012

Oh my god, I thought I was going blind when an Ally Eve, who was pinging around my location, just suddenly came visible right in front of me and died, like only appeared for the death animation,. So people using lolrecorder's champs sometime go invisible? because I don't use it.

Arkhelism

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
It has nothing to do with LOL Recorder even though I use it. My brother plays on his Laptop and I play on my Desktop. My brother has no idea what LOL Recorder is so there is no way he could have ever downloaded it. I had this problem today after a while of not having this issue but the invisible bug was not present during this game because I had to reconnect 5 or 6 times to finally join my game. Reconnecting is the only way the invisible champ bug is fixed as of now. It wouldn't be a game breaking bug if I could just reconnect.