Questions from a junglenub.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

08-29-2012

Hey there. I'm some newbie trying to learn jungling since it's the only role I've never tried.

I have some questions that I really need to know in order for me to try jungling, obviously the obvious things you guys would already know.

Here goes,

1. Is there any route to jungling?

2. I'm trying to jungle with Riven, Fiora, and Diana. Do they all have different routes

3. When do you use pots?

4. What are the standard jungling runes?

5. What level should you be in usually? (Ex. If mid is Lv.6 you should be <insert number here>)

6. Must I gank after I get red usually?

7. When should I actually recall?

8. Is counterjungling popular? I mean, do they do it most of the time?

9. What do you do when all lanes are pushed and you have red?

10. Where do junglers ward?

11. When do you dragon?

12. When do you push a turret?

I think this is quite a lot of questions. You don't need to answer all of them, and you can give me short answers.

Any enlightenment would be wonderful! If anyone does jungle Riven or Fiora, do you mind if I spectate some of your rounds?

Thanks!

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxiere View Post
Hey there. I'm some newbie trying to learn jungling since it's the only role I've never tried.

I have some questions that I really need to know in order for me to try jungling, obviously the obvious things you guys would already know.

Here goes,

Quite a few

2. I'm trying to jungle with Riven, Fiora, and Diana. Do they all have different routes

yes

3. When do you use pots?

every game

armor, aspd, ad
5. What level should you be in usually? (Ex. If mid is Lv.6 you should be <insert number here>)

same as solos

gank when a gank is open

when you can finish an item or have 50hp

not in normals

farm

jungle entrances
11. When do you dragon?

when bot or enemy jungle dies

when you are ready to group
I think this is quite a lot of questions. You don't need to answer all of them, and you can give me short answers.

Any enlightenment would be wonderful! If anyone does jungle Riven or Fiora, do you mind if I spectate some of your rounds?

Thanks!
see above

Essieu

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxiere;28776953

[B
Normally, depending on the mana dependency of your jungler, will start with wolves and proceed to blue. OR Wriaths and proceed to red. If you have someone who doesnt use mana, starting red is a good choice, because often you want to gank early. If you do have someone who uses mana and needs abilities to clear the jungle, starting blue is a good idea. At least while your learning since most of ganking savvy comes from practice and experience.[/B]

Riven- Start with Q and take your wraiths, and then red. Take W second and gank if you want to. (Her level 2 gank is REALLY strong, her passive makes her auto's hurt a ton, and she has a gap close in Q, a stun in W, and a knock-up in her third Q. It will always at least force a flash. Then depending on health, continue jungling.

Fiora- I've seen people start with red, but I prefer Blue. This is because she is somewhat ability dependent on her first clear because of her squishyness. So take her Attack Speed boost(idk which it is, W I think) and do wolves into blue. Also she is not a good early ganker because she has no CC and thus its easy for an enemy to get away. So I recommend wolves,blue,wraiths,red,wolves,wraiths. So on. With ganks thrown in of course.

Diana- Definitely need to start blue buff. Because she is really mana dependent, and because she doesnt really have super scary gank potential until six. Sure you CAN land a kill early, but its nothing that another jungler couldnt do. So I recommend the same path as Fiora.

3. When do you use pots?

Depends on the sustain of the jungler. If I'm jungling Lee Sin and my W is off cooldown, I'll just pop that and heal up. I would say pot and about 3/4's health if you scared. But normally Half, or anywhere below that is a good choice. AND REMEMBER POT BEFORE YOU NEED IT. lol anticipate how low a camp will get you. And judge whether you need to pot or not.

It varies so much from champion to champion. But a good safe, solid set that work for just about anything are:
Armor Pen Marks.
Flat AD Quints.
Armor Seals
Magic Resist Per Level Glyphs.

(Another option is to trade out the Armor Pen for Attack speed.)
(And on Diana obviously switch the AD for AP.)

You always want to be even, but I'd say 1-2 levels and your safe. But no more below, its slippery slope and you dont want to snowball yourself downhill.

No, The only reason this is recommended is because most of your jungle will still be dead, and while waiting for it to respawn you might as well go kill something.
Also, because the red adds the obvious slow, and extra damage.

Whenever you can pick up an item you need, whenever you are low, whenever theirs nothing to clear and you can grab a ward.

Its popular on certain junglers, mostly ones with low CC and fast clears, you can just zoom around and take whatever. But I will say, if you see their jungler in a lane, go take some jungle. BUT remember, counterjungling is never worth a death.

Keep jungling, or you can go look to catch their jungler. Or you can anticipate where their jungler will show up, and counter gank.

Mostly their own buffs if its getting stolen. But anywhere really. Enemy buffs, dragon, baron, anywhere. Because you have a much wider range than the support, you should share just as much warding responsibility in my opinion.

11. When do you dragon?

When two of their , bottom, mid, jungler combo is dead. When you have superiority to tank dragon, and still win a fight over them. you do it.

Whenever you can, towers win games.
Hope I helped!

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essieu View Post
Hope I helped!
you have a few problems with your ideas.

for runes, drop most of the armor pen. jungle minions have low armor. roll with some aspd or movement speed instead.

don't push turrets whenever you can, there are different times when it's appropriate.

fiora is a good early ganker as soon as you get red. her riposte is most effective early game.

most counter junglers have CC. the only one without it is shyvana.

REX PIMPWAGEN

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
you have a few problems with your ideas.

for runes, drop most of the armor pen. jungle minions have low armor. roll with some aspd or movement speed instead.

don't push turrets whenever you can, there are different times when it's appropriate.

fiora is a good early ganker as soon as you get red. her riposte is most effective early game.

most counter junglers have CC. the only one without it is shyvana.
ms quints are pretty much standard on most junglers. Most ad based junglers take as or ad reds but a jungler with already high ad or as stats should take arp reds. champs that work best with arp reds that i can list of the top of my head are taric hecarim and trundle.

Etherimp

08-30-2012

I go mix of Armor Pen and AD on Jarvan and Trundle and most other Tanky-DPS based junglers.. I don't play a lot of straight AD junglers (Like Tryndamere, Xin, or Fiora), nor do I play a lot of ASPD based junglers (Like Nocturne)

Counter-jungling is widely dependent upon the jungler you're up against.. If you're up against Lee Sin, Trundle, Shyvana, Nunu, Chogath, or Mundo, you should pretty much expect to be counter-jungled.

TheSneaker

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxiere View Post

Here goes,

As you know my routes in the jungle, Champions like Lee Riven and other no mp champions ussually take the red buff path, Diana and fiora would take the blue buff path

Yeah they all do Riven is a bruiser pretty much and does tons of damage stuns and helps kill the enemy + give the blue buff to mid. Fiora is a type of person that jumps into battle and kills off thier AD carry, Diana is the perosn getting all the kills

3. When do you use pots?
Right away when you start a major camp such as Blue and Red
Or when your under 100 of ur max hp so lets sya im 700 hp and im at 550-600 id use it then and start a new minor camp

Anything what your champions is

Around same level as Mid, it matters on the champions and the leashs , and the ganks you have done

No im that type of personb that trys to be the frist to level 6-7 and then gank + ill have the most gold and deal the most damage

When you are out of pots and you cant jungle anymore

Yeah you do it when you know the enemy went back, its an instanct which you will get after 100-200 jungle games because your going to know each champions jungle abilitys (after watching my vids) and you will see how they handle them selfs and if you can run in and counter them before htey get back

JUNGLE LOL

Lee and lots of other champions can jump on wards so i save my wards for jumping, ussually u put wards down so you wont get countered or take a major monster such as dragon/baron

11. When do you dragon?
WHEN IM READYYY, yeah when you feel like the lanes mid and bot are pushed and thye are in the lanes mostly level 7-8 you would do dragon or at level 6-8 when your whole teams there

when you killed off the person in the lane with a gank

Any enlightenment would be wonderful! If anyone does jungle Riven or Fiora, do you mind if I spectate some of your rounds? Add me in game TheSneaker and i might even skype with you while im playing haha =P to give you a head to head tutorial

Thanks!
Since i never released the video... and got delayed by a lot i now need to explain this to you as a make up and release the video =P

M3GaL0d0n

08-30-2012

Alright, this is cute guys... I'm going to say theres nothing I can build off of in this thread so I'm going to start from scratch...

Lets just go ahead and get these questions answered

Yes, while some junglers have routes specific them and them exclusively, most junglers will follow this route...

If A mana-based champ, Wolves, Ancient Golem (Smite), Wraiths, Elder Lizard (Smite), Golems, Check for Gank, Recall

If manaless (I.E. Fury, Energy, etc) Wraiths, Elder Lizard (Smite), Golems, Check for ganks, Wraiths, Wolves, Ancient Golem (Smite; Donate buff to caster), Check for ganks, Recall

Riven will follow the manaless route, starting at Wraiths and going to Red, While Fiora and Diana will follow a standard route starting at Blue.

3. When do you use pots?

Whenever your heath is less than 200-300 health away from full. Or while ganking

There are none, some champions take the same runes as others, but otherwise, each champion has its own rune set to use.

Give me champion names, I'll give you rune names.

Both solo lanes (Mid and Top) level faster than the jungler if they are farming at a normal rate, you should be at around the same level as your bottom lane until the 20 minute mark.

Yup

If you tank a lot of damage during a gank and can no longer take camps, recall and patch up. However, I usually like to grab a few camps since the heal they give you scales with your missing health, so you can take wraiths or other small camps with as little as 200 health, sometimes less.

Yup

Gank one of them... If one of the lanes has been having trouble, help them over other lanes, if the enemy jungler is in one of them, support that lane. If your lanes aren't having trouble keeping enemies off the turret, just gank whichever lane looks pretty I guess.

The two entrances into your jungle, to avoid being countered. If dragon isn't warded, make sure you ward it whenever you can. Mid lane and bot lane should be helped with warding if they're in trouble, (I.E. being pushed hard to their turret, being ganked aggressively)

http://www.lolpro.com/guides/game-pl...-baron-control

This link is a comprehensive guide to warding, it has a section dedicated to junglers.

11. When do you dragon?

If the enemy jungler EVER goes to your top lane after around the 10 minute mark, check dragon for wards and call in your bot and mid (If they're available) and take it, you can usually take dragon with a tanky support and a carry to help you.

If your champion can solo at level 8 (Fiddlesticks, Jax, and Shaco can all solo now), you should check for wards and take it at level 8, ask for cover/help if you can get it.

Otherwise, take it when bot or mid has been ganked successfully, you want to be in a position where your team will win any teamfights that break out over dragon.

Whenever you successfully gank and you have a decent health pool, check for mias in other lanes and push the turret and try to take it down. Don't steal farm if you can help it.

Also, if an enemy has forced an ally out of lane, go to that lane and help push, especially if the enemy jungler is assisting the push.

I will play Riven in jungle if you really want me to, but otherwise I tend to jungle other champs.

I hope this helps, try out some other champions in jungle and be sure to ask any other questions you come up with. GLHF