Another patch and still no queue dodge penalty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
Queue dodge should be liberated in all maps. It prevents a lot of stress.
You're playing a 5 versus 5 competitive team game, there should be some element of stress and some element of wanting to win - I'm not saying games should be actually stressful, but even if they don't mean anything to you the games will mean something to the other nine people in a game. xP

DiscworldDeath

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
It's an AFK check. I guess they didn't feel like going the route of kicking people out of champ select for being idle.

The only problem with giving a penalty for declining is that they only give us 10 seconds to hit accept which is way too short and easy to miss. But technically it is just like a queue dodge since everyone is forced back into the queue.
Except if someone declines you're put at the front of the dodge, but since they implemented this change if you're in champ select and someone dodges, your queue timer is reset Q.Q

Fabs457

09-01-2012

Just curious but what type of penality would you want enforced? Loss of IP? Lowering of dom. elo? Timeout for x number of minutes/seconds until you can queue again?

Not that I think its a horrible idea to have a penalty for dodge queues, forcing players to play with teams might solve queue/wait times, but it'll likely just cause more in-game issues which is probably a more severe problem

FDru

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs457 View Post
Just curious but what type of penality would you want enforced? Loss of IP? Lowering of dom. elo? Timeout for x number of minutes/seconds until you can queue again?

Not that I think its a horrible idea to have a penalty for dodge queues, forcing players to play with teams might solve queue/wait times, but it'll likely just cause more in-game issues which is probably a more severe problem
An escalating time penalty just like every other game mode?
edit: Dominion had that penalty in place at one time, they just broke it. Then they fixed it, then they broke it again and they've left it broke for seven months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Except if someone declines you're put at the front of the dodge, but since they implemented this change if you're in champ select and someone dodges, your queue timer is reset Q.Q
You've always gone to the front of the queue when someone queue dodged. What makes you think that's no longer the case?

DiscworldDeath

09-01-2012

When before I'd gone into champion select and someone dodged, upon return to the queue my queue timer continued ticking from where it left of. Now when someone dodges in game it displays 0:00. Could be a visual bug.

Judas Priest

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs457 View Post

I agree. A queue dodge can prevent a lot of harassment and reports. It's better to spend 1 aditional minute in queue matching than to spend 20 minutes playing a match you are prone to rage, insult, troll and quit. It seems a fair trade for me.

Ardnalis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

It's okay guys: Nome said he'd tell us like four Mondays ago why this is an issue.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2012

bump