Another patch and still no queue dodge penalty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

08-30-2012

I don't dodge bad players, usually. I dodge trolls, non-communicators, and flamers.

And as I keep saying, that doesn't mean there shouldn't be dodge penalty. I try not to dodge, and I take responsibility when I do.

People who dodge 5-6 times in a row until they get the perfect team setup (player wise), and such people exist should be penalized.

lbgsloan

08-30-2012

Like I've said, it has to be intentional at this point. There is no possible way that nobody at Riot is aware of the issue at this point; and regardless of whatever PR nonsense reds try to come up this can't possibly be a major fix that has taken months to figure out. Somebody high up told the programmers not to fix it for whatever reason.

But hey they nerfed abyssal, so that's one more kick in the nuts to mages on Dominion. Because it was abyssal stagnating AP itemization on SR for years, not deathcap, right Riot? Maybe they should nerf Rylai's next, I hear that's another item mages can buy instead of deathcap and void every game.

Dekin

08-30-2012

Well this dumb guy will just continue to enjoy the status quo while you sit here on the forums making fun of people.

OT I dont mind a p[enalty for cases of abuse. But every champ select screen being sacred is dumb. there needs to be a comprimise between the two (SR style and Dom style)

FDru

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
Well this dumb guy will just continue to enjoy the status quo while you sit here on the forums making fun of people.

OT I dont mind a p[enalty for cases of abuse. But every champ select screen being sacred is dumb. there needs to be a comprimise between the two (SR style and Dom style)
Feel free to explain why you feel that Dominion queues are less valuable than the queues for other game modes.

Phourc

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
There doesn't need to be a que dodge penalty. If anything there should be a quit option at champ select. The idea that you need to be forced to play in a bad team comp is dumb.
A quit option at champ select isn't a terrible idea, actually, but here's the thing:

Dodging a queue is wasting a couple of minutes of ten people's time (including yourself). It should not be consequence free, and it cannot be allowed for the same person to waste ten or twenty man-minutes every two or three actual minutes. That's just silly - under the current system, there's absolutely no reason to ever not dodge a game where you think you don't have a 100% chance of winning.

Instead, dodging should be a conscious choice you make after weighing the pros and cons, i.e. "Is not playing *this* game worth not playing *any* league games for the duration of the game?"

A choice like that allows you to dodge games that you suspect will be painful, but doesn't allow you to dodge any game you might, maybe, possibly lose.

Risemix

08-31-2012

Question, if there was a queue dodge penalty would you ask people to not dodge? Probably not. You can't expect people to play every game just because there's no penalty for walking away.

Xander756

08-31-2012

Speaking of queue dodging can someone explain to me why they added the "accept/decline" step earlier this month? Why would somebody click play only to then click decline 10 seconds later? And why is there no penalty for declining a match? You should be banned from matchmaking for 5 minutes for declining just like as if you left during draft.

FDru

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
Speaking of queue dodging can someone explain to me why they added the "accept/decline" step earlier this month? Why would somebody click play only to then click decline 10 seconds later? And why is there no penalty for declining a match? You should be banned from matchmaking for 5 minutes for declining just like as if you left during draft.
It's an AFK check. I guess they didn't feel like going the route of kicking people out of champ select for being idle.

The only problem with giving a penalty for declining is that they only give us 10 seconds to hit accept which is way too short and easy to miss. But technically it is just like a queue dodge since everyone is forced back into the queue.

Judas Priest

08-31-2012

Queue dodge should be liberated in all maps. It prevents a lot of stress.

GeneralDirection

08-31-2012

You're killing me Larry!!