Randuin's Omen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawNuff View Post
Random question, but how does one pronounce Fdru?

I've always heard it in my head as "fuh-drew", but I'm curious what its supposed to sound like.
I pronounce it "ffffffffffffdruuuuuuuuu".

FDA

09-01-2012

This entire topic must be over my head cause I don't care which bruiser I'm playing, imo a frozen heart is a must have item per team against any of the good auto attackers. Only when others are already getting it do i reconsider.

FDru

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDA View Post
This entire topic must be over my head cause I don't care which bruiser I'm playing, imo a frozen heart is a must have item per team against any of the good auto attackers. Only when others are already getting it do i reconsider.
You can play however you want, but Omen is often the better item and you're choosing to not build optimally. You're better off taking the more efficient item with the massive burst CC than wasting 1000+ gold on a ton of useless mana. Even champs like Volibear with low mana costs should take Omen over FH.

And it's pronounced "F" Drew

Technophite

10-24-2012

You could take it a different way and work out how much you're spending on the useful stats instead. Armour at 15.57g/point from chain vest says 1540g on armour, if you use kindlegem as the base for CDR since it's the purest way you're going to get it then it's 32.2g/%, so there's 640g on that bringing it up to 2180g worth of useful stats, we know all mana is not useable so you have to decide, is the frozen heart aura worth more than 595g? If -20% ASPD reduction is worth less than 600g to you then frozen heart is completely cost effective, but not in raw stats if you discount the aura for manaless champions.

lbgsloan

10-24-2012

I think some people are forgetting you have 5 people on a team. I know it's easy to forget in soloq, but still. FH is certainly an OP item, no arguement. However the aura doesn't stack if several people buy one. FH aura + Randuin's active do. Unless you have 4 manaless champions top or are at very low elo where people will not buy defence, there is really no reason why a manaless champion can't go Randuin's while the others get FH. You do not need 4 FHs top.

A12MO12

10-24-2012

fdru, keeping it real

DG Denz Brujah

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
You can play however you want, but Omen is often the better item and you're choosing to not build optimally. You're better off taking the more efficient item with the massive burst CC than wasting 1000+ gold on a ton of useless mana. Even champs like Volibear with low mana costs should take Omen over FH.

And it's pronounced "F" Drew
I always assumed the DR was silent

otirruborez

10-25-2012

both are good items. omen gives more defense while heart gives more offense. also helps that some people don't want to buy a visage(trash) and ghostblade when you just need frozen heart.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

randuin's is better. it has the activate which is more potent than FH, and the EH is higher because it has health. you shouldn't buy FH on people that don't need mana.

plus having 4 people with FH and no randiun's is dumb

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawNuff View Post
Random question, but how does one pronounce Fdru?

I've always heard it in my head as "fuh-drew", but I'm curious what its supposed to sound like.
good point, i always think it "fuh-drew", but i suppose it could be a question: "fed are you?"

Edit: my bad, didn't realize this was a necro. silly me. ignore this pls.