Randuin's Omen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

08-29-2012

AKA: the armor item you buy when you're playing Rengar or Renekton.

Not ****ing Frozen Heart. Dumbass.

MyDeadGrandma

08-29-2012

Why not Renekton?

NamKim

08-29-2012

Despite the fact that the reason might seem obvious. It is always more helpful to include the reasons why. If someone is doing something wrong, no matter how obvious, they should not be punished for their ignorance. They should be told what they are doing wrong and why it is wrong. I am assuming their ignorance is genuine, they are not trolling, and this is not some sort of competition environment with a very special prize at stake.

Nevertheless, you are posting in a forum where a person who never played a game outside of AI Bots can read this. He's going to buy Randuin's Omen on the Rengar or Renekton but he has no idea why. He had no idea why it's a good item to get. In his next game, he plays Lee Sin, he buys Frozen Heart instead because Raduin's Omen is the armor item to get only on Rengar or Renekton, right?

I'm assuming you are referring to getting a mana item for a mana-less champion. If not, my point is still valid because then I don't know why Frozen Heart is bad to get on Rengar or Renekton. I am still in a state of ignorance and the situation only improved in those situations where I am playing Rengar or Renekton. But those are only two champions out of over a hundred.

It is part of the whole "give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish, he eats for a lifetime."

blackDAILO

08-29-2012

To me the CDR on Frozen Heart outweighs the wasted stat on Frozen Heart; CDR is a very good offense stat for bruisers in dominion, and FH gives a hefty amount of it IN ADDITION TO the strong attack speed debuff and 99 armor.

MyDeadGrandma

08-29-2012

Rengar should probably be played as an assassin more than a tanky derps, meaning you cant really afford to go for FH, you're grabbing a ghostblade for CDR anyways.

Don't play Renekton, that's why I'm asking.

As for mana: should Lee Sin never build Triforce because it gives mana? Akali lichbane?

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

FH is pretty good on Garen I hear

FDru

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
Despite the fact that the reason might seem obvious. It is always more helpful to include the reasons why. If someone is doing something wrong, no matter how obvious, they should not be punished for their ignorance. They should be told what they are doing wrong and why it is wrong. I am assuming their ignorance is genuine, they are not trolling, and this is not some sort of competition environment with a very special prize at stake.

Nevertheless, you are posting in a forum where a person who never played a game outside of AI Bots can read this. He's going to buy Randuin's Omen on the Rengar or Renekton but he has no idea why. He had no idea why it's a good item to get. In his next game, he plays Lee Sin, he buys Frozen Heart instead because Raduin's Omen is the armor item to get only on Rengar or Renekton, right?

I'm assuming you are referring to getting a mana item for a mana-less champion. If not, my point is still valid because then I don't know why Frozen Heart is bad to get on Rengar or Renekton. I am still in a state of ignorance and the situation only improved in those situations where I am playing Rengar or Renekton. But those are only two champions out of over a hundred.

It is part of the whole "give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish, he eats for a lifetime."
How insightful. You seem to have figured out the obvious reason while being supposedly "ignorant" yourself, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackDAILO View Post
To me the CDR on Frozen Heart outweighs the wasted stat on Frozen Heart; CDR is a very good offense stat for bruisers in dominion, and FH gives a hefty amount of it IN ADDITION TO the strong attack speed debuff and 99 armor.
Bruisers are already getting at least 10% from masteries, Rengar and Renekton both have built in sustain mechanics so can build Visage for more CDR and heals. Both Zeke's and Ghostblade are good options, as well as CDR boots. Omen + Ghostblade or Zeke's + masteries is over 30% which is good enough for when you need to build Merc Treads. Omen is also anti-kite which is something that's very important to bruisers.

Basically you're wrong.

DiscworldDeath

08-30-2012

A lot of people seem to go 21 in offense on bruisers. So they don't get CDR from masteries. Most don't rune CDR in blues either.

Delicious Donut

08-30-2012

You make it sound as if people buy frozen heart for the + mana. No one does.

Cauldrath

08-30-2012

The real question is "Why are you wasting money upgrading Warden's Mail unless you are swimming in gold?"