Explain why I can't have more than one person play now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SixFistedNinja

08-29-2012

Let me preface this and say before the Hecarim patch it wasn't uncommon for me and four of my friends to play on my then lowly 6 down 1up connection from Comcast. All five of us could connect wirelessly, play to our hearts content, and never experience one hiccup of lag. Keep in mind there were times when torrents were running are full speed without consequence.

I'll post my recent speed test here to further show my ISP isn't to blame nor is my current speed package.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2148347600.png

This is me doing a speed test from Maryland to LA where I'd read the servers are hosted. These speeds are more than adequate to play what is basically a game running in flash. Regardless of the game's structure, me and my said friends are able to play Smite, Tribes, TF2, Dawn of War II, Dawn of War Soul Storm, Dead Island, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, play and host Minecraft servers with roughly 10-14 players at any given time, Unreal III, Quake 4, Killing Floor *again, where we can host servers and have others join), Monday Night Combat, Worms Armageddon, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes, Champions Online, and of course DooM II-- We're able to play every single one of these games online while at least one or two of us are downloading something in the background, streaming some jibbering idiot on youtube for our comedy pleasure, or just streaming.

We can play these games which I can promise are 100% network intensive than this game should be. We can huddle around, no latency, no hiccups, nothing, just fine with the rest of these more demanding games.

However since the Hecarim update if two of us play at the same time we can't help but suffer from latency ranging 800-6000 MS. Then of course we get the glee of watching our character crawl from the fountain, to which ever lane we sent them to with no control, and watch them die while the whole time "Attempting to reconnect" periodically pops up.

My system isn't a slouch, either:

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 920 35 C
Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4N72-E (AM2) 31 C
Graphics
V223W (1680x1050@59Hz)
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1600x900@60Hz)
896MB GeForce GTX 260 (EVGA) 56 C
Hard Drives
625GB Western Digital WDC WD6400AAKS-00A7B2 ATA Device (SATA) 30 C
78GB Western Digital WDC WD800JD-60MSA1 ATA Device (SATA) 24 C
Optical Drives
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
ATAPI iHAS324 A ATA Device
Audio
VIA High Definition Audio

However despite all this I've read through several threads where a single red has never said word one on the issues hemmed and hawed about. I've ran several network analyzers, everything on my end is crisp and clean; even tried hooking everything directly to LAN instead of Wifi.

However, no matter how hard we try, if any more than one of us play this game at a time all it does is lag out miserably and one of us is forced to sit out of a game and be reported or chalk up more ranks in your garbage leaver buster system.

It's also worth mentioning that the elite few times we go out to our local cyber cafe and attempt to play a game there that we have the same exact issue. Only there two of us can play, but if a third person any where in the center decides to play it just bogs down to pure garbage.

Can a red give any insight as to why a game that isn't processing a thousand or so players in a single large and sprawling world such as, oh, World of Warcraft or City of Heroes/Villains, is having such a crazed difficulty with a game that loads only ten players into a stand alone instance that really has nothing taxing about it at all because the terrain doesn't change nor does it alter and hinder a player's movement.

Assuming I'm playing by myself I can have not only bittorrent open, but I can also have a stream or something else rolling on my second monitor for background noise without a hitch. Again, however, another player jumps on the bandwagon and the game is unplayable.

We've also repaired the game, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, reinstalled Flash, reset our router to factory defaults, upgraded the router's firmware, unplugged any device in the house that even remotely touches the network aside the computers.

SixFistedNinja

08-29-2012

Bump.

SixFistedNinja

08-30-2012

Bump.

SixFistedNinja

08-31-2012

Attention please.

Issue is still here even with the new patch.

SixFistedNinja

08-31-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2359636

Followed the few slices of advice in this thread and the results were nil.
This wouldn't be note worthy if it didn't also happen at cybercafes. Multiple. More than one.

SixFistedNinja

08-31-2012

Perhaps I should further state, because accurate information is a must, if we do the standard Summoner's Rift is when we really get hit hard with latency issues. During Twisted Tree Line or Dominion it goes a bit smoother, but not by much. We'll still go through several hard patches of latency where we all stand around doing nothing and zoom forward to a greyed out screen of death.

To sum it up then, Summoner's Rift becomes 100% unplayable, then it becomes a toss of the dice when the game wants to sky rocket in latency for Dominion or Twisted Tree Line.

I'm not letting this go because I want to play the game with friends when we're in the same house together; any other red response I see on latency such as this always blames it on the ISP. You know, the scape goat tactic. Comcast is far from the greatest, but they let us play all of the games mentioned above and then some with no issue.

SixFistedNinja

09-01-2012

Surprise.

Bump.

SixFistedNinja

09-01-2012

Bumping.

SixFistedNinja

09-04-2012

Still no response. Still can't play the game with anyone without the connection falling to ****.

SixFistedNinja

09-07-2012

Replaced old router with a new one. Was willing to give the game a shot in the dark that it could of been the router's fault. It isn't. Still can't have more than one person playing.

Oh. Bump.