Xin Zhao build for Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edzter

08-31-2012

i build

prospector blade,
berserker greaves or merc threads or ninja tabi
sanguan blade,
frozen mallet or entropy
black cleaver or last whisper

other posibilites
ghostblade
maw
odins veil
thornmail

DiscworldDeath

09-01-2012

You max Q first because it's how you lower its cooldown, which lowers other abilities' cooldowns. I often get more than 1 Q during engagements, and this in turn allows for more Es as well.

whoateallthepies

09-25-2012

Well hot damn, I tried stacking Ghostblade & Brutalizer w/ arpen runes. 66 flat armor pen .

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoateallthepies View Post
Well hot damn, I tried stacking Ghostblade & Brutalizer w/ arpen runes. 66 flat armor pen .
how the?, weren't those passives unique?, brb trying to do it with Fiora.

Goronok

09-25-2012

Level Q first, no question, it's the majority of your damage, the majority of your CC, and every time you use it it lowers the CD of all your other abilities... having a shorter CD on it means a shorter CD on every other ability.

I rush Q *and* buy CDR boots. I just can't get enough Q, it's wonderful. Which gives me more of everything else.

For an assassin play style, I always get Blade/boots, then I get my CDR boots, then honestly I build for IE > PD... yeah, it takes a bit to get going, but all his damage, even his Q, effectively, is auto attack so... it's a terribly powerful combo... and the items themselves are quite efficient and grant MS. I like to build a GB/LW depending on enemy armor levels, and a Sanguine Blade after that, for pretty obvious reasons.

The above is very debatable, on if it's worth it to buy such big items early. I like it, many don't.

I must say though, I really dislike both Phage and Black Cleaver on him. He has a built in gap closer and slow, and a knockup while waiting for it to come back up... the slow on Phage is nice but... generally not needed. Seems wasteful. Black Cleaver... well, you do most of your damage up front in your opening Q, especially if you go assassin, and it doesn't carry over between targets... BC seems... utterly backwards to Xin's playstyle... meh.

brownbruiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

attack speed
crits
cuz im xin zhaao

FOODFOOD

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoateallthepies View Post
I do this with Garen sometimes. It's crazy fun.
Ghostblade passive is unique with only Ghostblade. Same with Brutalizer. You can get both and have additive Arpen. Just don't build your second Brutalizer into a Ghostblade or you'll lose it.

Warrrrax

09-26-2012

I still say level your Charge first, mostly because the Q cooldown DOES NOT START until the 3rd hit has landed. This makes a big difference.

Charge: It has a 13/12/11/10/9 sec cooldown. It adds 40 AoE magical damage per rank.

Your Q adds 15x3 = 45 physical per rank and has a cooldown of 9/8/7/6/5.

A typical attack sequence will go like so: You Charge rank (CD starts now), roll face on keyboard to pop R,Q,W. You get in your 3 Q hits for the knockup which takes say 2 seconds. Your Q cooldown starts now. Your slow has now worn off. Lets assume 20% CDR.

If you maxed Charge first, your charge CD would be 7.2 sec, minus 2 for the autoattacks, minus 3 for the Qs = 2.2 sec. If they were able to disengage you could re-charge and re-slow them within 2.2 sec. Your Q cooldown would be 7.2 sec for rank 1.

If you maxed Q first, your charge CD would be 10.4 sec, meaning youd need 5.4 sec before you could re-charge. Furthermore, your Q cooldown would still be at 4 seconds. You cant re-Q them AND cant even re-charge them.

In both cases, you wont be able to get off a second Q after the first one for quite some time. They will be dead or escaped by them. At least with maxed charge youve frontloaded your damage, done some AoE and have the ability to re-charge a slippery opponent to reengage them.

Goronok

09-26-2012

Meh, you charge them at max rank, mash your Q + W during the charge, 20% CDR, 2 seconds off for the time it takes for the Q knockup, one second for using Q, one second for the knockup... best I can do is 3.2 seconds from the end of the knockup till the next charge, and about 6.2 seconds till the next Q . With 160 extra damage from leveling E.

If you maxed Q, same conditions, 5.4-6.4 seconds from knockup till charge depending if you get that second Q in in the mean time, with 3 seconds till Q, with 180 extra damage from leveling it...

Against a kiter method A seems superior... against other melees, or distracted people, method B would obviously be superior, giving you almost twice the Q, which is the majority of his damage output, while getting significantly stronger CC off.

My reasoning is... most kiters build glass, and I tend to kill with the first Q + knockup. Kiters don't tend to be much of a problem, unless they're really clever. I suppose they could build tank, but they tend not to be that dangerous if they do, so anything works in that case. It's the melees that put up a fight.

Now, teamfights, you'd get more damage out of E, but you get more hard CC out of Q... and hard CC is better, I reason.

You put up a reasonable argument though... I can see your point. I'll concede that either method could work. I still like Q better, but I'll let you reccomend E without argument. :P

Warrrrax

09-28-2012

Theres probably not THAT much difference between the Q or E leveling first. Personal preference I guess. I see good arguments for both.

But I highly recommend ghostblade for Xin. Its too good to pass up. It is custom made for melee pure autoattackers which are relatively few actually.
It gives you the best benefits of Inf Edge and Phantom Dancer, all in 1 cheap fairly easily built package.

Normally your PD gives you movespeed for chasing, AS to get your knockup off in the 2 sec slowed window after the charge. And the crit for damage multiplication.
your IE gives you some actual AD, and the crit booster for big damage.

Ghostblade gives you strong cost-effective stats already that are good for Xin, CDR, crit, armor pen (which works decently with his passive since passive happens first supposedly) as a damage multiplier of sorts, some AD. Then the clickey works great with his other 2 clickeys to boost AS, movespeed for a huge autoattack booster.

You can pretty much build anything after ghostblade and do just fine. Most common will be:
*Inf Edge for pure awesome damage. Comboes very well with Ghostblades crit.
*Frozen Mallet for best survival and very strong snare - not super efficient but health is best effective HP booster due to Xins high armor/MR from ult.
* Executioners Blade - very cost effective high lifesteal and useful crit.

Id avoid Black Cleaver...its tempting but crit works better as a multipler than armor pen lategame.
Sanguine blade is quite strong but Inf Edge/exec Blade ought to be a better combo. IE is just so strong damage wise.