Xin Zhao build for Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

08-29-2012

Dominion doesn't have Wriggle's Lantern and it has some strange items that I don't understand... could you give some advices about which items should I buy in Dominion for Xin Zhao?

Parthonaxx

08-29-2012

Any items you feel like. Run any masteries you want and any runes you have will work. Dont worry about leveling your skills in any particular order.

The real trick to doing well with Xin Zhao is screaming "KIA KOW PAN KIA TOA" while you are attacking. Just spam buttons and get pentakills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-6vYobie4. <-- Xin guide. Works for Dominion as well.

HaIfhearted

08-29-2012

Hmm, I know some people get Trinity on him, although I personally think it's better to skip Trinity and go for a more melee DPS build and play him like an assassin.

Either way, you should always be starting Boots/Prospectors Blade.
Brutalizer and Phage are solid item buys after that, and from there I'd focus on getting crit and AD.

Get Wardens Mail if physical damage is a problem, Hexdrinker against magic.
Executioners Calling when you decide to go for lifesteal.

DiscworldDeath

08-29-2012

Boots, P. Blade, 2 health potions.
Brutalizer
Phage
Sanguine Blade
Youmou
Get QSS/Maw of Malmortius
Randuin's.

Boots 2 somewhere. Ionian or Mercs.

I like the concept of IE+Executioner's, but it's very expensive.

LucifronSun

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthonaxx View Post
Any items you feel like. Run any masteries you want and any runes you have will work. Dont worry about leveling your skills in any particular order.

The real trick to doing well with Xin Zhao is screaming "KIA KOW PAN KIA TOA" while you are attacking. Just spam buttons and get pentakills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-6vYobie4. <-- Xin guide. Works for Dominion as well.
I laughed heartily at this, thank you.

Sad part is what you said is mostly true :3

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

Xin is an autoattacker and almost all his damage comes from autoattacks. Hence ideally you want an Inf Edge and Phantom Dancer.
But guess what? You can't afford it in any reasonable timeframe. And you'd be too squishy.

If only there was some kind of mini-version of IE/PD....oh wait. There totally IS!

Its the Ghostblade!

For 2700g, you get 3050g worth of permanent benefits including AD, armor pen, crit, and CDR all of which are great on Xin.
You also get a clicky that adds 1250g of AS and 1000g worth of movespeed for 8 seconds.

Since Xin already facerolls with his Q,W when he charges, its relatively easy to remember the ghostblade buff and it works fantastically well with his other autoattack buffs. Its also easy to assemble and the brutalizer is an excellent item for Xin already.

I believe this is the key to doing well with Xin, as it gives you the AS to get off the knockup quickly and reset your Charge fast, plus the 20% MS to chase effectively, and AD/crit to multiply your impressive AS/Q-booster. The flat APen even works after your 15% passive according to what Ive read.

As for other items, you can build based on what you need. Since his Ult gives significant armor/MR, health boosters are particularly effective for improving survival...his Ult isnt nearly as good as on SR (not many 5v5s) but its still significant.

Aegis gives well rounded defenses efficiently.

Phage to Mallet gives the biggest chunk of health which you want, though you really dont need the snare all that badly so I hate the mallet inefficiency. But its one of the few high health items.

Giants Belts - 2 of em certainly increases survival, and you can upgrade to Mallet/Sunfire(yuck on both) if you are desperate for something to spend gold on.

Brutalizer does in fact combo with Xin's ghostblade. Takes up space but hey, 35 flat Pen and 25% CDR. DONT UPGRADE IT!

Zekes Herald is decent if there are other autoattackers with health, AS, lifesteal, CDR and the shareing aura.

Inf Edge is incredible for pure damage dealing. If you are doing well, I'd really try to get this one.

Sanguine Blade adds lots of offense and huge lifesteal. Id rather go IE for actual damage though.

Executioners Blade adds 18% lifesteal which is a lot, and 15% crit. All of which go well with Xin once he has good AD/AS.

Hexdrinker or Wits end are both fine if you really need MR. Hexdrinker works better if you are stacking crit.

Atmas is your armor/offense item for sure. Esp with frozen mallet. Pretty obvious stuff here.

Melvear

08-30-2012

In terms of skill order, what would you guys recommend? I always did R>E>W>Q before his rework, now I'm not sure anymore, since leveling Q reduces its cooldown, and it's a great source of cc.

R>E>Q>W or R>Q>E>W?

DiscworldDeath

08-30-2012

Q first.
E if they have a lot of slows/escapes, W if they can't get away when I'm on them.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Id recommend maxing your Charge first. It increases your burst by 40 instant dmg per rank and lowers the cooldown on charge. MANY champs in dominion are slippery and can escape. You almost always have to re-charge to stay on them and a low charge CD is crucial for this...esp when you can shave off 3 seconds with your Q strikes. So 8 sec CD, minus say 2 sec for CDR, minus 3 = really good ability to re-charge for more slow/dmg/prevent escape.

From there I dont think it matters so much. 10% AS per rank is so-so. But it also gives a bit more sustain which isnt that big of a deal and AS is important for being able to quickly knock up before your slow wears off. 15 dmg per strike is better than 10% AS for sure. So its kind of a toss up.

Risemix

08-31-2012

I dunno... Ghostblade is probably core. Executioner's or Senguine, you can hold on to the lifesteal item for a while if you want.

After that probably just build tanky. Wit's End might be good? This is all handwaving, I rarely play Xin.

I wouldn't get Trinity, as Xin kinda uses all his moves at the same time.