Akali runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imhuge

09-17-2010

I like having Doran's Shield first and getting AP so I plan on buying a page that gives 10 AD early. Due to masteries, this means getting 7 AD. 3 flat quints give 6.75 so I need 0.25. If I use scaling yellows, I can use 1 rune to get it at level 5, 2 for level 3, or 3 for level 2.

I play very aggressively so I usually get Merc Treads. The rest of yellow will probably be scaling armor or resist or dodge. Dodge is really expensive so I'd rather not get it. Scaling armor helps against armor pen stacking but most damage taken is probably magical. Magic resist is already pretty high in Twilight Shroud (I max it second) with Merc Treads and ally Aegis. Everything else doesn't seem too useful. Flat armor is probably good for jungle but I rarely go jungle.

I don't have any of the runes yet so feedback would be nice. Also I have 0 IP right now.

red, blue - MPen, total 14
yellow - 1 or 2 scaling AD, 7 or 8 defensive
quint - 3 flat AD, total 6.75
masteries 12/9/9
price (+page) - about 20k if not buying dodge

The AD runes cost about 3000 and must be bought first

Pyriana

09-17-2010

I actually just put together a set of runes for Akali, since I'm not even level 20 yet, I wanted to see what I could put together as far as runes go to activate the damage half of my passive, and I was able to with 2 damage quints, 6 damage marks, and 6 damage seals, this just barely activates it with the mastery in the offensive tree that gives +3, however as my summoner levels up I'll probably be refining my build...

Personally, I think that if you're going for an AP build scaling AD isn't the way to go, but perhaps I'm wrong, as for my glyphs I go AP but I'm considering going ap/level, the total for all 20 runes (2 quints, 6 of each other type) is 6970...

imhuge

09-17-2010

Not much of a difference if it's scaling or not; I should probably just do 2 nonscaling to get it at level 1. Just some games I want to rush Rylais so I don't even stop for Long Sword.

Crayon Puppet

09-17-2010

I rock dodge 6.8% dodge and the 17 magic pen i think its glyphs that are dodge

2dorans to proc the passive

and 9-21-0 masteries

Crayon Puppet

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2992011 View Post
I rock dodge 6.8% dodge and the 17 magic pen i think its glyphs that are dodge

2dorans to proc the passive

and 9-21-0 masteries
works for me

Pwnacus Maximus

09-17-2010

use 1 AD mark to get the passive at level one along with the quints