How can I get good at this game. Seriously need help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkSoulSorcerer

08-29-2012

I've played 200+ games and I"m at level 30. I've never had a good score ever and I've played every single champion. I've never been good at any type of video game and I usually give up after awhile but I'm really trying to get good at this game. I want to become a really good mid player and I seriously need good advice. I've read alot of guides and none of them have helped me, most of the time they just make me worse. So please I really need help because alot of my friends are just ignoring me because they can't win games with me.

Judas Priest

08-29-2012

Use the League Replay software to record a match and post it here, so we can see what you're doing wrong and give you some specific adivices. This is the best alternative because if you suck so much and you really need to improve, general tips will not be suficient for you.

Slanderdota

08-29-2012

If you are not a natural gamer there is little chance for you to learn this one, the moba genre is IMO the most difficult one to master. Besides the encyclopedic knowledge it requires you must also possess quick reflexes and be able to a ton of information and make instant decisions based on that information. It is not for everyone, there is no shame in it. Many of my friends can't play these games, I don't hold it against them. On the other hand maybe you have what it takes and just need more time. It can take thousands of games played to really grasp the full nature of the game, 200 games played really isn't much if you look at it from the big picture, that is barely 2 games per hero, and I know no one can learn a hero in two games played. I would take a break, try some other games, if you still feel the urge to play this one come back and just take it easy. Play a game or two a day, don't get mad if you lose, consider every game a learning exp and over time it will naturally get easier.

Ballistik

08-29-2012

damn i have won 163 games and i still havent hit 30, did you buy this account from someone and did you start from level 30?? because i have played over 300 games and still i am barely level 29..

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

To be serious, if you are being so into this game, you are not going to get anywhere.

Go take a break, chill for 2-3 days, then come back to League, right now your frustration is what making you get worse.

Anarchius

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSoulSorcerer View Post
I've played 200+ games and I"m at level 30. I've never had a good score ever and I've played every single champion. I've never been good at any type of video game and I usually give up after awhile but I'm really trying to get good at this game. I want to become a really good mid player and I seriously need good advice. I've read alot of guides and none of them have helped me, most of the time they just make me worse. So please I really need help because alot of my friends are just ignoring me because they can't win games with me.
Sometimes all you need is a little study time. Read up on some guides that can help you improve your game. Don't wana hunt them all down and waste the day away? then read this guide here that does the searching for you! It's packed full of info that is sure to help you out in all areas of the game. Take a peek!

http://www.gettherax.com/stevos-top-...elo-overnight/

Hope it helps!

MishyInWhite

08-29-2012

If you want to be good at mid, you need to get good at predicting what an enemy does.
You need to know what every champion in the game is capable of.
You need to know what every item in the game does.
You need to know never to push your lane, and if you do to hug back.
Take a dying is never worth it approach.

My best advise is not so much to read guides at the moment, but to actually watch good people play, plenty of videos out there for it.

WeMajor87

08-29-2012

I'm still really new to this but what I found helped me was:

- Finding a type of champion that I was comfortable with
- Getting used to the champion playing bots and using the in-game recommended items
- Choosing bots to play against that weren't overly tanky

Until you find a small handful of champions that you are REALLY comfortable using, it's going to be difficult. Which champions have you purchased by the way?

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

the best way to get good at anything is to do it alot

Sir KickBan

08-30-2012

If you're having trouble at level 30, it may be worth it to start another account and practice just one or two roles as you level it. Watching others play is also a great way to learn a specific champion or role. Talking with other friends who play League, especially those who have been playing longer, is one of the best ways to learn the theory behind the game, as well as learning for yourself what items are good on certain champions, as well as when and why they're good.

Learn to play defensively, and don't over-play, take a break from League if it's making you stressed out.