Teemo strats and builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RKVersion1

11-13-2009

So I am noticing over the last couple games that Teemo is an excellent farmer. However, does anyone have any specific strats or builds or helpful advice when fighting other champs?

OuLuvKyanN

11-13-2009

Teemo..2 ways to play him

DPS build
Malady
Berserker Greaves
Wits End
Madred's Bloodrazor
Frozen Mallet
Infinity Edge

AP build
Chalice of Harmony
Sorcerer's Boots
Mejai's Soulstealer
Lich Bane
Abyssal Scepter/Rod of Ages
Zhonya's Ring

As for the skills,max out Blinding Dart and Poison first,Move Quick should be kept at level 1 and take your ulti when possible.

Place Shrooms all over the map for scouting,and also to save your ass,when u're about to die and u know that u cant escape anymore,place a shroom,turn over and blinding dart and shoot the heck outta the enemy,u might score a kill.

If you're going for the AP build,shroom placements are VERY important as they are your secondary damaging skill,primary is blinding dart,shrooms should be placed at places where creeps doesnt move to,but champions often move to,e.g. in the woods,golem/lizard,baron and dragon and also in ALMOST every single brushes*the tall grass*.

RKVersion1

11-14-2009

Awesome, thanks for the builds and insight. Forgive the newbness, but what does AP mean?

OuLuvKyanN

11-14-2009

AP means Ability Power

And for Teemo it adds

1 Damage in Blinding Dart per 1 Ability Power
0.1 Damage in Toxic Shot per 1 Ability Power
0.8 Damage in Noxious Trap per 1 Ability Power

MatZilla

11-14-2009

I would highly recommend Tiamat; it gives you Splash effect on your toxic shots so they hit everyone in an area with every shot. With this I have done over 400,000 damage in a match killing hundreds and hundreds of minions. The rest is whatever you like, do what that dude said.

OuLuvKyanN

11-14-2009

Wow cool Tiamat actually works with Toxic Shot? I didnt know about that,gotta try that out =D

LemonWarlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-14-2009

I personally don't really agree with your AP Build.

Teemo should ALWAYS have Nashor's Tooth if you build AP because it's by far the most useful item Teemo could get building AP.

+ AP, + Attack Speed + Mana Regen -Cooldown

Hit harder, hit faster, regain mana (no real need for Chalice since Teemo really doesn't use "that" much mana), and spam Mushrooms faster.

And if in your masteries you build the additive mana regen per second + Nashor's Tooth, mana will rarely ever be a problem.

TL Phrost

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKVersion1 View Post
So I am noticing over the last couple games that Teemo is an excellent farmer. However, does anyone have any specific strats or builds or helpful advice when fighting other champs?

Generally i play Teemo as a very hit and run nuker-style dps.

At the beginning of the game you should harass as much as possible by leading with a blinding dart and clicking quickly to get an auto attack to get as much damage as possible in then run because minions will probably be attacking you.

Blinding dart will blind anyone that you hit it with so they have 100% chance to miss for the duration, the first attack they do usually wont miss but you can take advantage of this when trying to run or engage with move quick.

Generally i max out blinding dart first, then get 1 pt in toxic shot, and get maxed out move quick 2nd.

Map awareness is a huge thing teemo brings to the game with well placed shrooms.

I generally build him physical dps, start with a mana regen pendant thingy (forgot the name) and 2 health pots. Go back to base and build a chalice and attack speed boots as soon as you can.

after that i'd build a phage, zeal, sheen, then start making a bloodrazor. by then it should be over =]

JohnCataldo

11-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonWarlord View Post
I personally don't really agree with your AP Build.

Teemo should ALWAYS have Nashor's Tooth if you build AP because it's by far the most useful item Teemo could get building AP.

+ AP, + Attack Speed + Mana Regen -Cooldown

Hit harder, hit faster, regain mana (no real need for Chalice since Teemo really doesn't use "that" much mana), and spam Mushrooms faster.

And if in your masteries you build the additive mana regen per second + Nashor's Tooth, mana will rarely ever be a problem.
To be fair, any Nashor's Tooth is a hybrid build. However, the hybrid build is quite strong. The all-out AP build gets you more mushroom kills but you aren't nearly as strong with autoattacks.

If you go HEAVILY AP early on, consider leaving Toxic Shot at a low level. You'll get more damage from the AP part than the level up, so you can take some move quick instead (which is never bad).

I do like the AP/attack speed build. It's similar to a Yi build (where Toxic Shot replaces Wuju Style). Can't poison towers, sadly.

Sometimes I'll get an early Mejei's Soulstealer and no other AP items -- just go back to attack speed and then some damage items.

DPS or Hybrid Teemo carries Stark's Fervor as well as anyone (and someone on your team should have one, so get it if no one else does). I do think DPS Teemo should get an early BF Sword (or upgraded item). Attack speed is good too, but damage always helps. Get a Black Cleaver if no one else on your team is...

AP Teemo should consider Rylai's Sceptre, the magic version of Frozen Mallet. Gives similar health bonus and slow with Blinding Shot. The new Void Staff is also OK on Teemo (but hardly necessary -- though it does make your Blinding Shot ridiculous).

Deadly Paradox1

11-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatZilla View Post
I would highly recommend Tiamat; it gives you Splash effect on your toxic shots so they hit everyone in an area with every shot. With this I have done over 400,000 damage in a match killing hundreds and hundreds of minions. The rest is whatever you like, do what that dude said.
Tiamat does NOT work with Toxic Shot. Confirmed in earlier bot game.