Karma Rework?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aikimiller

09-04-2012

All these people saying Karma is fine are mis-informed. I could go into an extensive list of reasons, but that's been done elsewhere.

Riot's balance team thinks she needs buffs, fairly extensive buffs, in order to be successful in the role she was designed for: support. The last update was from Guinsoo's twitter on July 9th, who said that a model rework was holding up the release of her buffs. At this point, it isn't a stretch that they might put of releasing the changes until after the season 2 championships, simply because they don't want to risk rocking the meta-game close to the finals with something like this.

SingleSyllable

09-04-2012

I feel that if Riot tinkered with her AP ratios, modified her Spirit Bond a little to slow/speed buff more, and possibly increased the base damage of her mantra'd shield, she would be fine as a support.

You must remember that there are different kinds of supports out there and Karma is not a heal support like Soraka, even if she has a heal. The fact that what she does primarily is damage with her abilities should be a hint that she is a kill lane support. This means that you need to have good coordination with your team and incredible coordination with your AD Carry to pull off kills and to keep doing so.

She doesn't build gp10 items at all, she still buys wards, and she can still support, but she also takes the most time overall to master, as it takes a certain level of understanding from the entire team on how she plays to be successful.

I almost never play her in solo queue, but the last time I played with a friend I explained to everyone on our team before minions spawned how she works. I also told my friend what that meant for our lane - they were playing ADC - and they complied. I came out of that game 8/4/38. Now I do that whenever I play her at all.

She actually does decent base damage as she is - though I would like to see her do more honestly - and can secure kills for her team that people wouldn't normally get.

That said, I would be all for a buff; I love Karma to death.

tl;dr

- Base damage on q and e could be increased slightly.
- Slow/speed buff on w with and without mantra could be slightly increased.
- Don't buy gp10 items, get gold from kills and assists.
- Coordination and cooperation from your ENTIRE TEAM is required for good Karma play.
- In laning phase, play to kill.
- In roaming phase, play to support and kill.
- I love me some Karma.

Kanderas

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokedCayenne View Post

im not even going to go into detail about how unbelievably stupid it would be if she had 3 mantras. too much to write, i would go off on an even bigger rant, bust out some math equations, it would get messy to say the leasst
It is definately absurd to suggest she have a thrid mantra and it will no way ever happen in an eternity; it would defeat the whole point of having to choose which abilities to use it on, which back when she came out was sited as a key aspect of her gameplay.

On the other hand I doubt she could be fixed with a little damage buff to her W, otherwise she's still get played by at least a recognisable amount of players like other champs who just need a little tweak. No, the problem is that the role she was created for just doesn't exist in the game anymore. She's meant to be an assault support but now there's no such thing, so she has to either support or AP carry, and she's under-equipped to competitively perform in either.

I don't see why she can't have both a heal and knockback on her Q mantra; it would just be a much much smaller localised Janna ult. You seem to think it would be game breaking that she could do her job effectively. And her W is nothing like Shurelia's, which doesn't require your team to line up along a narrow beam. And you are severely understimating the availability of her mantra charges, which have a 12 second cooldown with 40% CDR. 12 seconds is a long time, and healing up your team after a fight in which you should have used all your mantra charges whenever they were available takes more than 8 seconds.

And W is not useless, but busting a mantra on it is as it means sacrificing a heal and damage for 20% extra slow. Typically the only time you want that extra slow is when you don't have any charges left because you've used them healing your team and softening the enemy. Anyway to cut things short, Karma is bad because any time it would be could to pick her there is someone who can fill the spot way better. Any knockbacks and silences would be very welcome. It would be nice to see Karma brought to a level where someone actually picks her in a tournament.

Yashold

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHatCracker View Post
To be viable she has to have farm, she can't gp10 like other supports and still work. All of her abilities require AP to really do anything.
You know how supports always use heart of gold and philosophers? Well what if you get kage's lucky pick instead of heart of gold and get the last hits that your laning partner misses, that way you have ability power, mana regen, gp5, a bit of farm, and still able to fit a support role during lane phase. What do you guys think?

Kandehbar

10-01-2012

viva la karma