Karma Rework?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

15p34k1n1337

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

I just wanted to say that I haven't heard anything about the rework for a while and was wondering if riot was still going to do it or not? I know that Gunsioo had hinted it to be on Doran's Workshop In February... But I really haven't heard of anything since. Is it still planned to happen? or no?

BBFSmokedCayenne

08-29-2012

personally, I'd say that all she could use is a base damage buff on spirit bond. Its AP ratio is quite nice, but the natural AP scale is hurting the overall performance of the ability and is not very rewarding for players who strategically use it to deal damage. on the other hand, it might break her damage output. she can already beat most veigars and leblancs with proper gameplay and smart thinking.. with just 2 abilities

There have been rumors of heavenly wave gaining a knockback effect though...... that would just be ridiculous. She could go on an enemy, R + E then Q to absorb return fire thx to the shield, deal damage to the enemy simultaneously, then push them away with Q, while still dealing damage and potentially healing karma if the second mentra was used. I can guarantee you that either the heal utility or the damage will be severely nerfed if she gets this. Her heal is already retarded as is. You can heal your entire team back up to over 50% health with 2 mantra charges in ~8 seconds after a teamfight, then boost the speed of your entire team by 40% when you need to GTFO.

i really dont see why her W is named useless by the community. It is pretty much the unique active of shurelyas reverie, just more complicated than a "press one button and gg" scenario. I know the actual ability is only 20%, but when you need to leave or push or move somewhere, then you most likely have the time to burn a mantra.

in other words, she is fine. the rumored buffs of a 3rd mantra or a knockback on Q would just break her beyond recognition, so you can tell that riot is getting a headache dealing with all this.

I like to think theyre just gonna pretend the karma rework never existed, or maybe just buff the base damage on W and not say or do anything else. needless to say though, the r*pe would ensue if she got that knockback or .. ................... a 3rd mantra (by some divine miracle) .........only ignorant noobs suggest a 3rd mantra. they have no clue how much destruction would be unleashed

im not even going to go into detail about how unbelievably stupid it would be if she had 3 mantras. too much to write, i would go off on an even bigger rant, bust out some math equations, it would get messy to say the leasst

i hate to do these stupid things, but... tldr she is fine

Suit of Clubs

08-29-2012

I love Karma...all I think she needs is some fixes to Spirit Bond and a free Karma 101 class offered to all summoners.

Irish Red Cap

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokedCayenne View Post
personally, I'd say that all she could use is a base damage buff on spirit bond. Its AP ratio is quite nice, but the natural AP scale is hurting the overall performance of the ability and is not very rewarding for players who strategically use it to deal damage. on the other hand, it might break her damage output. she can already beat most veigars and leblancs with proper gameplay and smart thinking.. with just 2 abilities

There have been rumors of heavenly wave gaining a knockback effect though...... that would just be ridiculous. She could go on an enemy, R + E then Q to absorb return fire thx to the shield, deal damage to the enemy simultaneously, then push them away with Q, while still dealing damage and potentially healing karma if the second mentra was used. I can guarantee you that either the heal utility or the damage will be severely nerfed if she gets this. Her heal is already retarded as is. You can heal your entire team back up to over 50% health with 2 mantra charges in ~8 seconds after a teamfight, then boost the speed of your entire team by 40% when you need to GTFO.

i really dont see why her W is named useless by the community. It is pretty much the unique active of shurelyas reverie, just more complicated than a "press one button and gg" scenario. I know the actual ability is only 20%, but when you need to leave or push or move somewhere, then you most likely have the time to burn a mantra.

in other words, she is fine. the rumored buffs of a 3rd mantra or a knockback on Q would just break her beyond recognition, so you can tell that riot is getting a headache dealing with all this.

I like to think theyre just gonna pretend the karma rework never existed, or maybe just buff the base damage on W and not say or do anything else. needless to say though, the r*pe would ensue if she got that knockback or .. ................... a 3rd mantra (by some divine miracle) .........only ignorant noobs suggest a 3rd mantra. they have no clue how much destruction would be unleashed

im not even going to go into detail about how unbelievably stupid it would be if she had 3 mantras. too much to write, i would go off on an even bigger rant, bust out some math equations, it would get messy to say the leasst

i hate to do these stupid things, but... tldr she is fine

Karma is not fine. To be viable she has to have farm, she can't gp10 like other supports and still work. All of her abilities require AP to really do anything. Her Q-Healing Wave doesn't do much damage and you talk about the heal. Your team has to be pretty well put together and probably on skype to stand still and wait for Karma to mantra heal them all twice. Let alone it bases entirely off % health missing. Which means you can't go in like Soraka and cast a heal to give a massive armor buff just for ****s and giggles. Her shield will lose out to Janna's shield and Janna can easily control a fight much easier than karma without building AP. Karma must go majority AP to effectively use her shield as damage and it's cd is outrageous to just use it for it's utility. (Unlike janna it doesn't give AD for shielding someone).

Her W the most broken of the broken. Your team/enemy HAS to run through the beam to get the buff/slow+damage. The chain doesn't go super far, it gives no sight and as you said someone can just build reverie and bam they get the same buff except it's across the team just for being around the person. If you burn mantra for W that situation is entirely to run away and it still would lose out to someone with ghost if they had enough slow/cc. Now you talk about the slow. EVERY other support/tank out there has super ways to utility outside of a single slow (also note the chain can't damage whoever it links to if you cast on an enemy). Taric-Stun + damage; Leona-2 stuns + damage; Alistar-2 stuns + damage; Janna-knock up, slow, pushback; Lulu-2 slows(polymorph/glitterlance) and her AOE slow on whoever she ults; Lux-Snare + slow; Kayle-Massive slow with damage + speed boost. Now i know there are supports like soraka who have no slow but she makes up for it with Global heal and her massive heal alongside giving her partner infinite mana.

Lets not even talk about her passive, she has to die to become stronger?? wtf kind of support has to die to become stronger.

Compared to every other support Karma falls flat which is very sad since i'm an avid Karma player and can still do decent with her. However, for the amount of practice/skill gap to actually play a viable karma compared to other supports it's not for a lot of people. She needs a rework no ifs, ands, or buts.

FuzzyTigerGuy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

I completely agree on buffing Karma. I tried playing a ranked game awhile ago even with my poor elo score and I was reported ON SPOT for using her on the regards that I was "trolling" Is karma the new eve or something? She needs a buff something ANYTHING. She is too cs dependent. She is to cdr dependent. She is very bad in a high stress team fight situation. She is just AWFUL at what she is doing currently beyond ap mid. Her name is Karma right? Why not remake her so she LIVES by her name instead of oh you pick karma ha jokes on you your ass is grass in this game REPORT!!!! <.< You Fing kidding me?

VenomatriX

08-30-2012

They should make spirit bond to damage the karma's target and also damage units passed by the beam...

Also Karma shield sometimes don't answer her that much, even when u target the shield on yourself with alt+E.

and Mantra could have at least 3 or 4 charges instead of only 2

Ashlea

08-30-2012

I get called a troll anytime I use Karma, it's pretty sad because she's really decent and can be pretty strong if played right, as well.

I wouldn't complain if she got a buff though, she could use it in some areas.

Murk Boi Wonda

09-02-2012

Buff karma now riot.

Sogreth

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomatriX View Post
and Mantra could have at least 3 or 4 charges instead of only 2
Her charges should NEVER go over 2, it would ruin the entire concept about her. It's all about making the right decisions, having 3 or 4 charges would mean she could Mantra every one of her abilities and still have one left over.

MuddyWaters

09-04-2012

DONT CHANGE KARMA! shes perfectly balanced as her character is supposed to be. Heavenly Wave works Heavenly, Spirit Bond is so useful it raises my spirits, Soul Shield kicks ASS at sneaky burst damage, and Mantra makes the whole kit come together. Do NOT change Karma's moves. If anything a new appearance, but her kit is one of the best in the game in my opinion.

Idk why anyone would say she sucks, she can literally be the entire reason a game is successful. I've torn apart teams in one push with just good angled placement for heals and quick reflexive timing on the shield. I swear, if Karma gets beat by almost ANYONE 1v1, you suck with her. Karma mid = very high chance for a win.