If Viktor is supposed to be evil...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

webbut

09-06-2012

I think the real problem is that people don't seem to realize that Riot doesn't really make these moral distinctions between champions so why should they.

If the people writing the lore stay clear of ever declaring a city state or a champion as good or evil why should the people reading it try to force a character into a moral side.

Riot almost never declares characters as good or evil and for most of the new lore and lore rewrites they seem to be trying to make sure characters have two sides and are a little morally ambiguous.

DrTemptragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbut View Post
I think the real problem is that people don't seem to realize that Riot doesn't really make these moral distinctions between champions so why should they.

If the people writing the lore stay clear of ever declaring a city state or a champion as good or evil why should the people reading it try to force a character into a moral side.

Riot almost never declares characters as good or evil and for most of the new lore and lore rewrites they seem to be trying to make sure characters have two sides and are a little morally ambiguous.
See, that's the thing. Normally, this is the case. But Riot have made it pretty clear they consider Viktor a villian (see: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...85827#26485827 ), but I really can't understand that he's done anything villianous.

webbut

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTemptragon View Post
See, that's the thing. Normally, this is the case. But Riot have made it pretty clear they consider Viktor a villian (see: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...85827#26485827 ), but I really can't understand that he's done anything villianous.
That post says he's a villain but really there is almost zero lore proof the back that claim up and since they have a history of trying to be closer to morally ambiguous(JAYCE THINKS HE'S EVIL HUR HUR HUR) or at least giving them sides of both good and evil It's just easier to assume he is morally ambiguous.

If you look at the lore, they wouldn't even have to rewrite anything to change Viktor to a good guy, a sentience like, "Viktor stole the [insert magic thingy's name here] because he was afraid Jayce might use it as a weapon to attack Zuan and he knew that Piltover wouldn't permit him to attack Zuan to get the [magic thingy] back but then Jayce said "times up lets do this" and made a weapon and attacked Zuan anyway cause f*** it he's Jayce"