@ Riot - Some basic Nasus tweaks that may help

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyfe

08-29-2012

Nasus actually has a pretty good base MS at 325, buffed from 320 like a year and a half ago. He just lacks the a) gap closers b) speed boost/steroid c) cc reduction d) hard stun/fling/knockback/knockup or e) combination of all of the above that most bruisers have.

Weegee7

08-29-2012

I think Wither's max slow should get a nerf at higher ranks to compensate for a buff on Spirit Fire or his ultimate. It's really powerful as it is.

Spirit Fire just needs a way to be more useful early on, since the damage is really low and the cost is too high.

Another idea for an ultimate buff is to give him some Movement Speed while it's active. Just enough for it to mean something, but not be OP. The Tenacity idea works too.

Noric

08-29-2012

Even if some of these were added capped would have to happen.. which i agree with doing but people are stubborn.

Hyfe

08-29-2012

I'd be ok with a cap if it were a high amount that you would only achieve after 30 minutes or so. 400 or 500 bonus maybe.

The Cookie

08-29-2012

bump

CakeDoer

08-29-2012

Hyfe's proposed number tweaks
Wither gives Nasus a percent of the target's lost MS
Ultimate gives Nasus 75 additional range, up from 25 (Riven recieves just as much)

I think giving him Tenacity might be a bit overboard (don't want him to turn into the next Irelia), so I feel this is the optimal amount of changes he should recieve.

ViashinoWizard

08-29-2012

What do you think about increasing his base attack range to 175? He uses a long weapon, just like Jarvan/Xin/Naut/etc. It would help a little with kiting too.

I also really like the idea of Wither stealing some of the MS from the target.

PurpleFanta

08-29-2012

Bamp

Saber Nero

08-29-2012

I was kind of thinking for Siphoning Strike he could have something similar to Veigar. Killing any champion gives Siphoning a bit more damage than usual, and the killing blow doesn't HAVE to be from Siphoning itself

ZehNetoBR

08-29-2012

I love playing Nasus and I do so in all maps (yes, Crystal Scar and Proving Grounds as well), but, if I had the power, I'd change Nasus in a few, yet key points:

1st) Siphon Strike - increase its base damage, but reduce its stacking (maybe 1.5 instead of 3?). Doing so would make him stronger in early game, weaker on late game and more viable in pretty much ALL maps;

2nd) Spirit Fire - reduce its mana cost and increase the additional damage's ratio to 0.15. Reason for that is that it would make AP Nasus less gimmicky, which means our favourite champion will become more versatile and, therefore, more useful in his games;

3rd) Damage - increase its base to 54.3, reduce level bonus to +3.40. Same reason as for keypoint 1. For the record, at lvl 11, both current Nasus and this hypothetical new Nasus would deal the EXACT SAME damage;

4th) Armor - increase its base to 17. Alistar has 14.5, but TWO disruptive skills and ONE CC removal+AD buff; Malphite has base 18, the best initiator in game and a long range, quickly-casted slow, not to mention his defensive steroids. Given that Nasus doesn't have any disruptive skills, defensive steroids (his ult doesn't count) or quickly-casted long range skills, so greater armor wouldn't do him any harm. I'm aware he has Wither, but it's NOT enough.

Other than that, I have no real gripes about him. He's awesome, fun and has lots of potential. Definitely worth a place on my top 10.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I rarely build him APish, just sayin'.