@ Riot - Some basic Nasus tweaks that may help

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Camel Rider

08-29-2012

Lets assume the CD stays the same, but the other changes go into effect... Does Nasus become Overpowered? Does he now have such an easier time winning his lanes + farming his Q?

I personally dont see it.

Hyfe

08-29-2012

No, probably not. Even if he were able to freely farm Q in lane to an unlimited amount he would still be hindered by his susceptibility to kiting. A long time ago I likened Nasus to Mike Tyson in a wheel chair. He's got insane potential, but who is going to sit there and get knocked out by someone in a wheel chair? When the game was first launched it wasn't so bad because other people were on his level... not every champion in the game could leap/dash/slice/moonwalk all over the map half a dozen times. Now practically everyone can, and Nasus just can't keep up. I would argue that Nasus is more susceptible to kiting than practically any other champion in the game.

Nasus needs these number tweaks in addition to some type of mechanic to combat the fact that he can be kited for the duration of his ult in a teamfight and rendered completely impotent, whether it be some sort of mobility, cc reduction, or what have you. I already advocate getting merc treads, shurelias, TriForce, FoN, ghost, etc. in an effort to combat this with active/passive MS buffs, and it's still just not enough. When you have more than half of your items and summoners scream "pleeeease let me catch you!!" and it's still not enough, you know there is a problem.

If those issues were suddenly resolved, then yes I think he could be OP and wither CD would need to be nerfed, Q capped, or something to keep him from becoming FOTM.

The Camel Rider

08-29-2012

You have a point.

If he gets CC reduction on his ultimate and like +10% MS bonus for 3 seconds, I can see the CD nerf on wither to be more legitimate.

But then people will cry and be like... but then he is just Singed.

Hyfe

08-29-2012

Yeah, but does he ever need it. If you've ever played Nasus... farmed like 400 bonus on your Q and a team fight breaks out... you drop your E and wither on the ADC, activated Q and try to run in and hit someone but you are slowed by one of 1000 forms of cc... and then realize 3 seconds later your Q proc is still sitting there waiting to smack someone, and then you finally hit them, but in the meantime your whole team has died, and you are left there trying to fight the remaining team 1v4 and die... then you agree... kiting is a huge issue for Nasus. LOL.

FOODFOOD

08-29-2012

I'll give you an upvote and a bump. <3 Nasus.

proxyone

08-29-2012

Hyfe thread! omg yes, the mana costs on Wither and SF. Thank you. I can't be the only person who feels like I have to resist using anything other than SS in lane because I'm afraid I'm going to be out of mana all the time.

FDru

08-29-2012

I believe Wither is a great spell, Spirit Fire is a great spell, and his ult is a great spell. Although, lowering the early mana costs on these wouldn't hurt.. and would definitely be in line with just about all of the champ releases in the past year or so.

It's SS that really needs a rework.

First, they need to put a cap on it and just get it over with. 250-300 bonus damage is probably plenty; along with some other tweaks.

Let it increase bonus damage with any kills, not just last hits. And make it gain more from champion kills/assists. This would allow him to play in other ways than "sit in a lane farming forever".

Just as an example: let's say SS caps at 300 bonus damage, and he gains 3 damage from minion kills or 15 damage from champion kills. He can cap it out with 100 CS or 20 kills + assists or some combination of both, and he doesn't need to sit in lane last hitting with it. This lets him reach his peak sooner and he can get out of lane and do something in the meantime.

Add a bonus lifesteal effect to SS to help him in fights. I'm thinking like a physical version of Hungering Strike, with 50% or so lifesteal added to his SS hit. This keeps the theme of SS and synergizes with his passive to give him more sustain and trading power in duels.

I'd rather not see Wither changed at all. It's his only "gap closer" and its uptime is hit drastically already when the enemy has tenacity. Not in favor of a cooldown nerf.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I've always liked Nasus but hated the way the SS mechanic forces him to be played early game.

JGVariety

08-29-2012

I agree with most of these changes; Nasus is just so fragile in lane. Adding Tenacity to his ult is also a nice choice.

ProKoon

08-29-2012

I'm at about 1750 elo and I play nasus regularly. Some problems that I have are:
- Late game mana
In one team fight, if I don't have blue, I will be left with no mana at all.
- Wither mana cost early
Wither is a really good tool to use to stop the enemy top laner from farming or letting you farm more, but the mana cost is really high, so it is very, very difficult to choose when to use it.

I'm not going to comment on how much he gets kited, but all I can suggest is getting ghost to just run around in teamfights more easily.

I think that a slight buff to his mana regen would be really helpful. Hyfe's comment on base HP is also very true. Nasus does have a lot of regen through lifesteal, but it is difficult to even cs because most top laners can bully you very easily because of low hp at levels one and two, putting you at a big disadvantage.

Vialley

08-29-2012

Would make him 2 OP