@ Riot - Some basic Nasus tweaks that may help

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 33
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaigar

08-29-2012

I also agree that his Q scaling is an issue; hes so dependent on it that if you fail to farm that Q, you are screwed late game. Its also a hassle if you want to push lanes. Because you need to farm that Q, waiting for that CD to come back up to kill minions is wasting valuable time. Veigar gets away with dropping his AoE Nuke on a full wave of minions because he can get good damage outside of his Q farming.

E Could be made more interesting, such as Q gaining damage if you kill things within it (but at reduced scaling), or if E stacked duration of the Armor Pen debuff.

For example: Nasus's E lasts 5 seconds. You could increase the duration of the Armor Pen based on the time spent in E. So if you wither someone and get them stuck in the Spirit Fire for the full 5 seconds they would still suffer the armor pen loss 5 seconds after the effect ended.

Hyfe

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Camel Rider View Post
I love Nasus.... but the fact that he has a difficult time early game means that he can have a better late game if he is built properly.

The CD on wither AS IT IS means that he needs CD reduction items and runes.

By nerfing Wither, you are hurting his late game (for no reason).

Just my 2 cents.
Lots of people feel wither is too strong late game, and I kind of agree. In fact, if you shut down Nasus farm in lane and he has no Q bonus, he is really just considered a wither bot, because it is the only part of his kit that will still be extremely strong.

My hope is that if you give him some small tweaks that help him out earlier so he can't be so easily shut down by competent players, as well as come up with a concept to help with him being so easily kited, he may be capable of achieving a greater degree of usefulness late game in terms of actually being able to get onto someone and deal damage. If Riot is able to get Nasus to that state, the wither CD would need to be toned down a bit IMO.

Goshdarnit

08-29-2012

Buff HP regen, Buff armor and health gain.

His real problem is powercreep in the top lane. Every new top lane champion can kite him with no problems whatsoever.

Dactylogram

08-29-2012

bump so more ppl can see

Zen Elite

08-29-2012

Make his e zone a buff like when nasus is standing in his e he gains +20 armor and + x health regen

auralzz

08-29-2012

2nd page

Koronis

08-29-2012

Rework around no Q farming please.

The Camel Rider

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post
Lots of people feel wither is too strong late game, and I kind of agree. In fact, if you shut down Nasus farm in lane and he has no Q bonus, he is really just considered a wither bot, because it is the only part of his kit that will still be extremely strong.

My hope is that if you give him some small tweaks that help him out earlier so he can't be so easily shut down by competent players, as well as come up with a concept to help with him being so easily kited, he may be capable of achieving a greater degree of usefulness late game in terms of actually being able to get onto someone and deal damage. If Riot is able to get Nasus to that state, the wither CD would need to be toned down a bit IMO.

I understand what Nasus becomes if he does not WIN his lane. But we both can agree that he is even bad at being a wither bot, because 1. He wont be tanky enough to get in more than 1-2 withers anyway, and 2. He contributes nothing else to the team.

Wither literally needs to be the way it is for those reasons. If he doesnt have wither late game, when he loses his lane, he becomes a liability to the team. The same can be said about any champion, but Nasus has a higher chance of losing his lane.

MisterWeez

08-29-2012

Bump

Hyfe

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Camel Rider View Post
I understand what Nasus becomes if he does not WIN his lane. But we both can agree that he is even bad at being a wither bot, because 1. He wont be tanky enough to get in more than 1-2 withers anyway, and 2. He contributes nothing else to the team.

Wither literally needs to be the way it is for those reasons. If he doesnt have wither late game, when he loses his lane, he becomes a liability to the team. The same can be said about any champion, but Nasus has a higher chance of losing his lane.
I'll give you that. In his current state he needs the CD as it is. If nothing else is done, wither CD shouldn't be nerfed. I was kind of including it as a counter to the other buffs suggested. If he gets reduced mana costs and better base stats, he should have better odds of not being so regularly shut down in lane, and I think that should be offset by something such as an additional second CD on the wither. The tweak is perhaps a bit out of place at the top of the list.

12345612 ... 33