Question for other Bot Laners

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcades79

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

Recently, I've had a series of games where my teammates were absolutely dominated top. They lost windmill on the initial fight and then repeatedly failed to capture it. Additionally, despite my requests, they continued to "ram their heads into the wall" instead of capping mid and/or ganking bottom.

What do you do in this type of situation? Let's assume just taking the loss is off the table and you want to proactively try to change the game's direction. Do you forcibly abandon bottom and hope you can do more to break the stranglehold the opposing team has on top, while someone else on your team who was struggling top can hold court on bottom?

Of course, you can push harder on bottom than you otherwise may want to, opening yourself up to ganks and what not, but I'm looking for alternatives to that as well.

I'm open to any and all suggestions for how to deal with this scenario. I love playing the bot lane role, but it's frustrating to watch the game slowly die off from the get go when you're in solo que and your teammates are clueless as to their options when Windmill fights go badly.

FDru

08-29-2012

You can switch bot with someone, and hope you can have more of an influence over what happens at top. But that is likely going to fail. A team that utterly loses top is usually just going to lose, especially if they aren't smart enough to figure out that Windmill isn't the only objective on the map.

TCWA Tigerbite

08-29-2012

If your team can't even begin to neutralize top, the worst thing you can do is push harder on bot. Since the other team knows your top champs suck, they're only going to keep 2-3 top and you will be getting ganked or they will attack your bot point. So you will be playing 1v2/3 bot the rest of the game.

Trying to help top or attacking their mid will only cause you to lose bot and then the rest of your team will call you stupid and blame you, even though they suck and can't do anything right.

Try pinging through the jungle when you see 2 running top, maybe they'll go. Maybe not. Or you can just annoy your team and ping all over the place til they do something useful.

MyDeadGrandma

08-29-2012

Yep, you cant push hard, or trade, only thing you can do is outright burst the enemy hero down.

I don't play stalemate heroes bot anymore simply for this reason.

Also, pick a hero with damage opposite to your main burst assassin top; Go AP if you've got a Panth/Talon on your Team, AD if it's a Fizz.

Delicious Donut

08-29-2012

To me it feels like bot laners have very little influence on the game unless they're completely owning their opponent. If you stalemate, you are at the mercy of your other 4 teammates. It's a 50% win rate no matter how good you are.

Pushing bot may seem tempting to put some pressure on the other team, but when they've taken top, they can easily send one or two people down to gank you. Only push bot when all enemies are top (use tab a lot).

Really though I've turned games around by going from bot lane to top lane. If you want to carry games, don't go bot unless you're Yorick or Jayce or something.

FDA

08-29-2012

When I'm fortunate enough to have my duo queue buddy I get him to just stay bot and gank hard/backdoor mid in order to change the flow of the game. This usually gets us bot for a while and takes pressure off top... some days you do get those guys that can't 3v1 a tower and rage at you for trying something different but thems the breaks.

If you're on your own I'd recommend asking the most capable player/champ for ganks. Whatever you do though make sure its someone you as a player can synergize with, the last thing you need is to weaken your own lane.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Well i usually play Bot with Yorick with a Rather Agressive but holding back playstyle but whenever i see my team failing at top and continuing to ram their heads towards the Windmill while ignoring the existence of any other point, i try to outpush the opponent usually successfuly and even kill him under his tower if i ahve garrison, this ofc leads to a lot of people ganking me sometimes, but there's not much you can do from the bot lane specially for those pesky *Enemy creep wave is capturing bot and you are far interrupting them from capping their neutralized or capped bot until your team gets top teammate is in the base, teammate ignores bot creep wave and goes top 3v1 anyways and gets killed" people if you don't have a Global ulti.

Panzerzs

09-02-2012

Agreed with Fdru, it also depends strongly on team comp. It is really important to have a tank like amumu or malphite engage because a turret can really hurt you. Switching members from bot to top is always a good idea with the bottom gold advantage from farming. It is also important to try co-ordinate jungle ganks rather than doing 4 v 4 top engagements all the time. The trick is to catch enemies in the jungle and turn the tide around with a 4 v 3 top or something =) Ganking bot always relieves pressure from top as well!