ad nunu viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yuffy Kisaragi

08-28-2012

i tried it in a normal and wasn't particularly impressed. I had:

merc treads
black cleaver
bloodthirster
atma's impaler
guradian angel
banshee's veil

211 armor
192 MR
300+ AD

around 1.5 att speed with bloodboil.

Idea being that you have to ad champs that can really benefit from bloodboil, rather than just one (because ap or support nunu doesnt do much with bloodboil). Plus, like support nunu, you still have the utility of your ultimate and snowball.

Thoughts? and what about an on hit nunu? Like wits end+madreds and the rest tank items?

Essieu

08-29-2012

On hit is the way to go.

I had a friend pre-buff who would build Philo, HoG, Malady, Frozen Heart, Abyssal, etc.

The key difference between this and a normal Nunu is the Abyssal and Malady. Lowering their magic resist gives you yet another awesome utility and with a little bit of AP makes you basically a AP Off-tank DPS.

They reason that bloodboil works so well is because obviously of the insane steroid it gives an AD but also because the Movespeed it gives nunu. When supporting I take advantage of this and either go 3 gp5 because I dont need boots yet, or you can rush an oracles. Most effective in jungle, but basically the AD gets a damage steroid and you get an awesome MS bonus.

Not saying a more damage heavy Nunu is good. But just justifying why it doesnt need to be changed.

Cenerae

08-29-2012

Technically it can work, but Nunu's primary job in a teamfight is to debuff the enemy carry and try to get a good ult off. This means AP is going to be more effective most of the time.

Blood Boil is a decent self-steroid for attacking, but you'll probably want a tanky onhit build rather than going for straight AD.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

It just doesn't work very well. In theory his AS buff ought to make him decent. But it doesn't synergize well with his actual role.
As mentioned, he needs to be tough and tanky, plus have good CDR to snowball spam their carry, and having AP certainly helps him deliver snowball and ult damage, plus an even bigger heal.

So if you try to take ADish items you wind up watering him down such that he can't do ANYTHING very well.

Aikimiller

08-30-2012

NO.

Nunu needs survivability. Additionally- he has an ult with a 3 second channel time. That's 3 seconds you're not autoattacking. Tanky-AP Nunu is pretty well accepted as his ideal build.

Fat Mchugelarge

08-30-2012

Yes, either that or on hit builds can work if you build defense on him. Just use tanky ad items like Atma, Wit's End, and Maw; that's plenty of survivability to go with his naturally high hp. It works well when you're chasing down an AD character with Snowball.

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

My favorite Nunu is AD Bruiser Nunu out of the jungle. HoG, Wriggles and Zekes being core. Nunu makes his phys carry ABSURD with Blood boil + Zekes. Build tanky DPS or pure tank after that, depending on what your team needs.

Gnarzard

08-30-2012

solid